Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
My only real question about Nioh 2 is how much enemy variety is there. Nioh 1 was a good game but like 30% through you'd seen all the normal mooks so getting from boss to boss became this huge slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ended up picking this up after all, so far really enjoying it

the blue mage enemy skill souls are super fun to play with, really cool concept

also turning into a demon is good times as always, this is very DMC Souls and I'm here for it

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Where do you put the stat points? Just in the weapons’ main stat? Not sure if I should evenly distribute or dump it all in heart.

Typical souls stat mentality works here.

there are 4 things to consider with stats: HP, Ki, Magic, and Damage.

For HP you can increase Body or Stamina to a lesser amount.

For Ki increase Heart.

IF you want magic, increase Magic or Dexterity (ninjitsu)

IF you want to wear light or heavy armor, increase Skill or Strength respectively

After all that, you're left with "damage", which is your dump stat. Based on the weapon you're using, put all the spare points you have into whatever that weapon scales with. The weapon of your choice.

But the first thing to do is focus on getting enough HP and Ki to stay alive, and balance that with increasing damage. And then you have magic and armor to think about too. If you're dying, put more points in HP / Ki. If you're not dying, put more points into whatever your damage stat is.

Congrats now you know how to do itemization in every souls game forever.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Any tips on how to build for the switchglaive?

Magic, Heart, Body, Magic, Magic, Magic

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Monolith. posted:

Doing Odachi with hella heavy armor and it's a fun play style since I only ran with single sword on 1. I like tanking the hits but the damage seems kind of lackluster. But that could be because I'm co-oping and haven't done much solo stuff.

I started Katana because its classic and what I did most in Nioh 1 but I'm using lots of Odachi too.

Damage is great, but the thing about Nioh is that clearing stamina is as important as doing damage, since when their stamina is gone you can do a sick grapple to finish them off right away.

Odachi grapple is especially sick, you impale them and flip them over you.

FWIW I'm co-oping too and doing tons of damage with odachi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Everything is so fun to use it seems weird to me that anybody would pigeonhole themselves into one or two weapons, and I just switch every main mission.

Stats are whatever, but I can't learn all the complex moves of more than 2 weapons. poo poo's complicated!

Focusing also means more skill points, although you get limited by progression.