Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

This game is hard as gently caress and made me quit in frustration yesterday night because I couldn't deal with multiple enemies. Then I got better (used the ancient samurai tactic of running the gently caress away and throwing stones) and managed to get to the ship.
With a little polish this is gonna be the game of the year of whatever year it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

I think they give you an xp bonus when you get back to a shrine and can also give you blessings in exhange for money, minor stuff like +3% xp and stuff like that.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

I don't think the static loot is random. At least not all of it. I got to an out of the way corpse in the second level and it gave me a set of heavy armor resistant vs lightning, so that's probably a fixed drop.
Of course lightning resistance didn't do diddly squat, since being hit by a thunderbolt instantly killed me regardless, but I looked pretty sick!

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

The biggest issue I have with Ki pulse is getting into the habit of pulsing before a block. Which isn't easy considering I'm scared shitless of every enemy.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

The trick to dealing with the grabby ghoulies is to lure them in an open area and employ the Ancient Samurai Technique of running in circles like a scared little girl.
They telegraph their grab. As soon as they hit the ground hit them once with a high stance hit, and run the hell away. If they decide to stand up for whatever reason they're really easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

You can switch to low stance at the end of a combo and THEN ki pulse with a dodge. God drat, this game.