Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

psn you're loving killing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

both high and low stance feel way more awkward

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Previously you could ki pulse with triangle attacks in high stance which was much more aggressive than what you get now. All the change amounts to is making boss fights take longer.

And low stance just seems kind of pointless. It was all flash and little substance before but at least people had fun making sick combo vids of themselves spamming dashes back and forth. Now I'm not sure what it's in the game for.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Block

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you can increase the number of elixirs you start with at the bottom of the ninja skills page

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you equip them from the shrine menu after you've unlocked them with skill points and then put them in your quick item slots

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

make sure you fight the dev ghosts, the ones with red names, sometimes they have special drops. like there's a dude in the first level who drops a full ronin set and another one in the caves that drops a full archer set

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

slow magic still seems super good though

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Anyone know what to do with Summoner's Candles?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

big appreciation for this dude having unblockable attacks that one shot me

shot him with an arrow and he hit me from the ground for most of my hp

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 25, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ Thanks

try gesturing at the (cave stage) wall mimics :3:

twilight stages are great, tho I wish there were more kinds of demon guys because the basic vanilla kind are a little dull. is there supposed to be a secret boss somewhere?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

btw here's the survey http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_b_us everyone tell them to make twilight missions not on a daily timer

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 25, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's a backstab skill in the ninja tree :eyepop:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

summoning seems dead tonight. where are the pros looking to show off for me?

hi hello

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there is. hit triangle from the map and set a secret word, then go to the torii gate in the starting point and "yokai realm with a companion", enable the secret word and then one person waits for companion and the other person searches for companion. it's really easy.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 26, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yeah for password you do it from the map

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

here's my dumb video of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiBg7mxXbQc

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

muneshige died :rip:

e: oh no it keeps happening

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 27, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

things will never go this well again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVup06pcCA

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

team ninja's games have a proud tradition of characters being able to block poo poo they really shouldnt

like in ninja gaiden 2 you can block explosions with your sword

you can do it in this one too which makes bombs pretty bad against revenants

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

do yourself a favor and never buy the skills that are "L1 + dodge" because they're all bad and doing them on accident is the worst

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

apparently muneshige's many powers include being able to grab and knock you down for just for dodging near him after his buff

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dual katanas are pretty good imo. The kick + 2 slashes followup does a ton of damage and eats through ki if blocked, the stand in place and mash triangle high stance move mulches ki-broken yokai faster than just about anything, and the charged draw slash is super fast and does bonkers damage. Like I posted a video earlier of hitting Muneshige with it for over 2000 dmg and it's not like I was crazy overlevelled, I never went above 12 skill with that character.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 28, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think you should stay close, not close enough for her to instantly hit you but close enough that you can punish everything she does. You should be blocking whenever you can because her tornado spin comes out super fast and will gently caress you up if you're in range. Dash sideways through the paralysis wave in mid stance (or forward through it if you're low weight + brave). After her attacks just move up and hit her once or twice then back up again. Be wary of her melee combos because sometimes she throws in a third hit at the end. She has a tell for her grab, I don't know how to describe it but she kind of stumbles forward, just be ready to back dash. When she's in the air just stand in place, block her knives, and dodge her paralysis waves. You can snipe her with arrows to knock her out of the air if you think you have time. When you knock her down don't get too excited because she likes to stand up with her grab move so back up early. You can parry her divebomb and it will knock her down but same warning about the grab.

Outside her boss room, where the smaller ogre guy and big cyclops are sitting together there's either a corpse or a developer revenant that will drop a full archer set with paralysis resist. It's also lightweight so it's a great set for her.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

poptart_fairy posted:

How do you guard break? I have the skill but no instructions. :iiam:

Breaking someone's guard is just attacking them while they're blocking until their stamina empties. Comes with a special *TING* sound when you do it. If you mean Tempest you need to tap L1 right after you do that. It's easier to do paired with the skill after it, Backwave. You just tap L1 one more time.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zTJDaIqfz4

excuse me

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I feel like spears have a tiny sweet spot right at their tip that does double damage if you hit with it (pokes don't count obv)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The little bald guys picking at whatever instrument that is are the ones who make that happen.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Snak posted:

Has anyone determined if the power pills are worth using? I tried them, but I couldn't really tell how much of a damage buff they gave.

They're really dinky and the carnage magic that trades defense for attack power is way better

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the stage he was in isn't in the beta

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Revitalized posted:

I beat Mission 1, and it opened a Mission 2 and Sub Mission. I'm guessing Mission 2 is what I need to beat to acquire the second DLC?

Yeah

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It does but only at the start of the dodge. More monster hunter than dark souls. There's a low stance dual kat skill that extends iframes through the end of the dodge and buffs you for using them.

The benefit to being low weight is that your dashes carry you further so you have a better chance of being outside the attack's hitbox when your iframes run out.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 30, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's more like you can use it in place of a pulse, and if you time it right he sheathes and starts charging way faster. At like 15 seconds into this I gently caress up and do a normal charge followed by several fast ones so it's easy to see the difference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dno_MxaJLM

fixed

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 31, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The first stage boss is way worse than the rest, it's weird. Like he goes into his second phase at 2/3 hp and from there it's way harder to empty his stamina than any of the other bosses (including nue) because half of his attacks create those fields that rapidly regenerate it and taking the time to clear them comes with a pretty good chance of getting clocked in the face for most/all of your health. So the safest approach ends up being this tedious hit and run without any good opportunities to really pile on damage like you get with the others.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Bat lady is about the same

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Revitalized posted:

I think it's more than just bowing. They respond positively to different emotes, bowing is just one. Just try different ones until it works I guess

I got one to bow out by doing one of the aggressive emotes.

They randomly want a blue, yellow, or red gesture, you get two chances to guess right. The first one in the caves has a dev bloodstain next to it whose killed by: message gives one of the wrong choices.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Relin posted:

What are these nonrespawning glowing turtle enemies? Just loot pinatas?

Kappas, yup

slow talismans work on them. they work on everything. they're extremely good.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 1, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Yodzilla posted:

I legit miss weird Japanese games like this. Bring on da chucklefucks.

e: I feel like the Oni in the cave level should have been what you fight in the first town map. They're so much easier and simpler than those hit like a truck screen filling flailing red dudes

er aren't they the same

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shooting enma in the air takes a huge chunk out of her ki. Shurikens work too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fonzarelli posted:

I'm pretty sure those cyclops guys would have been almost impossible if that hill wasn't at a nice incline that made them wiff their attacks

any idea how much longer this thing is up?

ends the 6th