Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The greatest LP ever written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

So dead
_C - the ring of Dim Light (right hand) {rElec rF+ EV+5 Int-2 Stlth+}

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

polearms are nice if you move quickly too - definitely a good centaur melee weapon

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Uhh... yes you're right nevermind.

(Okay doing this exercise from memory reminded me of which gods I never pick.)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Someone Awful! posted:

What letter does TSO count as
The number 1 - there are 26 letters plus him to make for a full pantheon of 27 gods.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GrEE, HOFE, MfIE. SpCj wrecks the early game but might run into trouble later.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Enchant armor those boots as soon as you find one because you're never taking them off. I would use the +9 morningstar.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

sweet, one of my ghosts has killed Lasty. Probably the 12 runer I lost in Hell.

edit: wait something seems weird on that page - it says I was killed by ghosts of Raderak, Lasty, flyleaff, Stendarr, and dornbeast (the dornbeast kill is on a separate row). However, it also says that my ghosts have killed all 5 of them. What are the odds of that? Is something funky here?

(I'm patheticliltramp on crawl in case anyone wants to look)
That page has two tables on it, one indexed by killer and the other by victim. Perhaps you're unknowingly looking at both.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Nemelex decks could also just be made to scale off invocations like other god abilities.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

that is literally what I just suggested
Somehow I only read the response and assumed the suggestion was to just remove deck scaling. Sorry I failed to read.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Why does DCSS even have auto train anymore? Does anyone use it?
It makes better decisions than many new players manually picking what sounds good to train.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

megane posted:

We considered something like this when we switched it to the way it is now, but if I recall correctly we thought it looked too busy and hard to read. Maybe it could be an rc option?
The people who most need it use the default rc though. Maybe the game should check if you're a new player, by polling akrasiac if you're online and looking for high scores if you're offline, and give additional suggestions based on that?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I would take freezing over elect in Snake/Zot because it slows a lot of the creatures there.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Make every race have a "demonspawn" flag you can set that lowers all aptitudes by 1 and gives vulnerability to holy wrath in exchange for sweet powers.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Crampy Grampaw posted:

I was thinking something similar actually. Why not make buff spells always on and always have x mp deducted until they're turned off? Or for haste, aggressive penalties like per turn mp, hunger, or drain? I agree that the charms become no brainers after you get them running consistently, but they're still fun and interesting. If balance has been the concern as it seems in the last few years of crawl iterations, there are many ways to keep good spells (e.g. bring back fulsome distillation.)

Also yes to more inner fire.
Every permutation possible has been discussed already, this one...might work? The thing is, it basically is giving permanent buffs to characters who don't use their mana for no downside other than (relatively low) skill investment. Granted, it's kinda doing that already, but I think people would rather eliminate that than acknowledge it and implement ease-of-use knobs in the meantime.

Making them stronger and really short in duration is another proposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

protip for zot 5: worship Xom whole game to get incredible mutation set, then have him randomly teleport you into the orb room 2 steps away from the orb with a permanent tele trap right next to it which teleports you near the upstairs
playable here in one of the experimental branches. They're like ogres but worse at melee, considerably better at magic(and with more MP than normal), and are somewhat stealthy.
With those mutations you could have won without equipment, geez.

• Locked thread