Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Today in 2009 is the day the Big Shell incident from Metal Gear Solid 2 happened. I'd like to give a sincere thank you to Raiden for his heroic actions both then and since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
/me bows my head in respect

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Thank you Raiden and Rose

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
RIP Fatman

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

laugh and grow fat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's right. George Washington took office as the first president of the United States of America 200 years ago today.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RIP Solidus Snake, our 43rd President.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
ill celebrate by drinking wine and rollerblading.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
meet me down at the roller rink for mgs2 day.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller posted:

meet me down at the roller rink for mgs2 day.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with a tuning fork does a raw blink on harakiri rock. I need scissors! 61

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks, Raiden.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Respect.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with a tuning fork does a raw blink on harakiri rock. I need scissors! 61

He should have said 69 instead of 61.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Edit: Wrong THread. This is an amazing first thread though OP, keep up the good work.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Solidus was innocent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Solidus was innocent.

"I want my memory, my existence to remain. Unlike an intron of history, I will be remembered as an exon. That will be my legacy, my mark on history. But the Patriots would deny us even that. I will triumph over the Patriots, and liberate us all. And we will become the 'Sons of Liberty'!" - Solidus Snake

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's two months away people http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727711

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

"I want my memory, my existence to remain. Unlike an intron of history, I will be remembered as an exon. That will be my legacy, my mark on history. But the Patriots would deny us even that. I will triumph over the Patriots, and liberate us all. And we will become the 'Sons of Liberty'!" - Solidus Snake

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My god...7 years

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to play them backwards this year

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

God I love MGS2 too bad MGSV ruined the story and the series canon forever

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

You could forget MGSV happened completely and it would have no bearing on the plot or canon anyway tho

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

do not troll about MGSV.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

You could forget MGSV happened completely and it would have no bearing on the plot or canon anyway tho

But people know about big boss in MGSV but in MGS4 they say that big boss wasn't well known until his files were declassified in the 2010s which is why George Sears was able to be president even though he looked exactly like big boss.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

But people know about big boss in MGSV but in MGS4 they say that big boss wasn't well known until his files were declassified in the 2010s which is why George Sears was able to be president even though he looked exactly like big boss.
they make it explicitly clear that while big boss is famous nobody really knows exactly what he looks like. idiot fucker

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

they make it explicitly clear that while big boss is famous nobody really knows exactly what he looks like. idiot fucker

If that's the case why bother giving venom snake the plastic surgery

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big Boss wasn't "well known" because the patriots hid the information and used Arsenal gear as well to filter information. It was all well planned.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Big Boss wasn't "well known" because the patriots hid the information and used Arsenal gear as well to filter information. It was all well planned.

exactly which is why creating a body double of him is stupid

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's badass that MGS lore is powerful enough to make Retarted Clown break character.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

exactly which is why creating a body double of him is stupid

It didn't work out as planned, which is why I found it interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

It's badass that MGS lore is powerful enough to make Retarted Clown break character.

Yeah. That is a feat.

• Locked thread