Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm kinda tempted to trade in my VE for one of the last Commodores next year. Maybe even step up to some sort of HSV - I really doubt they will lose much value. Either that or keep the present car in good ocndition - I cant see it really losing too much value now, any Holden or Ford V8 or Turbo I6 I suspect will become collectors vehicles.

Hell, I saw a LH Torana G-Pak of all things now asking for 20 grand. And GETTING it. That just blew my mind so maybe sitting on a V8 for 20-30 years might be worth it.

I wanna see the bogan fist fights for the last HSV. That will be a bum fight of epic proportions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Q. What do you call a dead politican?

A. A GOOD loving START

Just ONCE I want to see one of our politicians make a statement that doesn't begin with "well the last mob did this and were better" (even when they're just as loving evil as the last mob).

Tit for tat statements are what 5yr olds do, not adults on six figures a year!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Midnight Oil is reforming. This is good news.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

gimpsuitjones posted:

60 series wagons are so rad

If you can find one that doesn't have its roof held up by rust, bondo and well wishes- those gutters rotted out BAD.

And the US never got the really good 60- the HJ61 with the 12HT turbo diesel.

They're cool trucks but front and rear leaf springs mean they still ride like an ox cart

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Holy shitballs that fire up in Alberta is a monster of a thing...

And heres us about ready to sack all our seasonal fire crew for the year and im sitting at home in jeans and a jumper because its cold outside!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Looks like a perfect excuse for a big bullbar on the insurance companys dime...

"Look, the factory bumper is $1500 unpainted and by the time you paint it up and fit it you'll be looking at $2-3K. This bullbar is only $1800, how bout it?"

Thats how i got my winch bar on the red hilux!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

gently caress.

I just found out that glyphostate only kills blackberries when applied in the fall. That was a waste of an afternoon.

I should just get a goat. That killed all of the blackberries in our yard when I was a kid.

Garlon kills it all year round. And everything else around it too.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

This weather here is insane! We've had 30mm of rain in the last 4hrs, recorded a 63kph wind gust in my back yard, Averaging 42kph and it just shredded my steel back fence. The cats are going bonkers and its generally shitfull and raining sideways outside.

WE ARENT MEANT TO GET CYCLONES IN ADELAIDE?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

It's the bush I want dead. I could care less for the berries. Blackberry bushes are nasty, invasive fuckers that ruin every lawn, driveway, tree, fence that is in it's way. They are impossible to kill without very harsh chemicals.

Ferrimit, where do you get Garlon?

I get it from an agricultural supply store. Its active chemical is Triclopyr so if you look for something like that your onto a winner.

100% fool proof way to kill poo poo with it is mix it 40ml in 1000ml of diesel and apply it to cut stems, it will gently caress up trees if you do that!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Hahahahaha a Muslim man won a TV industry award and now the bigots and racists are all exploding with outrage across the country!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

A whale is not a fish :spergin:

Fine a whale shark then...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

So a catering truck decided to change lanes without checking this new invention called "mirrors", and clipped me.

And of course they took off. Limited to some scratches on my bumper and headlight, but they go all the way through the paint to the plastic. Total repairs wouldn't be much more than my deductible.

Option A: file police report, accident goes on my record, police send letter to registered owner. Owner never responds, nothing happens except my rates go up once insurance sees an accident on my record. Police already informed me that since I didn't pull over and call them immediately, that I'm automatically guilty of hit and run myself and they won't investigate it beyond sending a letter (WTF DALLAS)
Option B: file insurance claim, pay my deductible, insurance sends letter to registered owner. Owner never responds, nothing happens except my rates go up.
Option C: take it (the sideswipe) in the rear end, owner of rear end winces, something else goes up.
Option D: stick some Cadillac horns on my car so that the horn can be heard

Options C and D it is.. :fuckoff:

What the gently caress is wrong with your country???? You pull a stunt like sideswipe a vehicle and take off and your getting a couple of police officers turning up at your door, looking at the new colour and impact damage on your car, and hauling your arse down the station for some hard questions and a "So, you've heard of hit and run right?" if you do that poo poo here...

No wonder you guys all carry guns. Seems shooting the cunts about the only way you'll get a serious response out of your police service...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

So my question is if you've just realised how hosed you are as a Gen Y, which end do you hold and which end do you lick?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Your outlets look sleepy

I thought they looked rather horrified at the electrical abortion that had been plugged into them...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Argh... Battling with rear axle bearings... Stupid semi floater designs that need a loving SST and special tools to remove.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Ferremit posted:

Argh... Battling with rear axle bearings... Stupid semi floater designs that need a loving SST and special tools to remove.

Aaand gave up. Came down to having to buy a press for $250 and fabricating up an adapter bracket to make it all work and for $260 the local Toyota dealer will rip out the old bearings and seals and set up both sides, so they've got my axles and I'll have em back tomorrow.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

loving stuck waiting for toyota to ring me to tell me my axle shafts are finished... Cant do anything more on the car until i can put the back wheels back on, because i'm ballsy, but not loving stupid enough to lift a 3200kg vehicle in the air on 4 jack stands on slightly compacted road base...

11 years and 280,000kms of gear changes does a hell of a number on the shifter bushings. That would go a long way to explaining why the gearshift was as loose as a high mileage hooker and shook like Michael J. Fox when you went over corrugations!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

It's dark and cold outside, so I'm lying in my recliner in front of the fireplace, listening to the Dandy Warhols sipping Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bourbon. Not the worst way to spend a Saturday night!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Its dark and pissing sideways with rain. Time to crack out the bookers and Pistachio nuts!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Tomarse posted:

I've been rebuilding my dashboard today.

Behind the now-empty clock hole is my new brake fluid reservoir, which I can fill with a funnel (it used to have a remote reservoir on an expensive master cylinder. Now it has a normal cheap landrover larger bore combined unit!)

I want to make an easily removable cover for the hole. any good ideas on how to do it?

I was wondering if i could make it from steel and then use some magnets to keep it on there (the rest of the dash is ally, so i'd have to attach them behind it and make them strong)

Once I've worked out how to cover it, I want to mount a couple of gauges to the cover (just on a long wire). I've got a small LED strip fuel gauge and a flat digital Air/fuel gauge - so its got to be solid!

Sounds like the perfect candidate for nutserts and small bolts. It's not like you'll be putting in brake fluid daily right?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Well a year ago today we got our furry little arsehole affectionately known as Isaac.

Since then he's failed to cat and broke his leg getting off a table, treated us to months of squirtybum trying to diagnose his grain intolerance, managed to scare the poo poo out of himself when he snuck out of the house and the door closed behind him and now he's stolen my bloody recliner in front of the fire.

Happy one year anniversary arsehat cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

gimpsuitjones posted:

Locked my keys in my truck; spare key is 700 km away

gently caress today

Got quarter vents? Got two bits of wire? One bit goes in below the lock lever and pulls the button in, other piece goes in from the front of the glass and pulls the arm over.

Theres a reason toyota stopped fitting the things to their 4wd's!

• Locked thread