Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

fyodor posted:

Guys we only have so much discretionary cash to add some sort of facility for the employees. Basketball court? Gym?

Aah yes that's a great one! Archery course!

Slamball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

blk posted:

What about a 97x? The nickname is Trollblazer so it'd work well with your avatar.

Never made those in the 3rd row version.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Did the trailblazer itself ever come with a 3rd row option? That 4.2 Atlas i6 is pretty drat sick.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pham Nuwen posted:

It used to be a pistol range.

My employer has a lot of unused land, and as far as I can tell the range is maintained solely out of the small membership fee... I mean, it's a gravel parking lot, a dozen dirt lanes with straw bales at the end, and some benches to set your poo poo on.

It's cool they bothered to do anything at all since I can't imagine most employers would do that. Not to mention the liability if an employee shoots another with an arrow.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Noise Complaint posted:

Did the trailblazer itself ever come with a 3rd row option? That 4.2 Atlas i6 is pretty drat sick.

Yep, Trailblazer EXT. Same thing as the Envoy I had, but Chevy plastics instead of GMC plastics. The motor was good, no doubt (easy way to tell by looking is the rear door. Regular length had the back of the rear door incorporated into the wheelwell. Long wheelbase version has a smooth curve to the back door). A couple stupid design components for maintenance (oil filter location, wire loom "permanently" in place blocking access to #1 plug hole. weird thermostat location pretty much requiring alternator removal to change, etc), but it was a good, strong motor.

Ate gas like a motherfucker, though. I averaged 13 city and on the deer trip back I was right at 19mpg all highway.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I decided I needed to get the gently caress out of the house for a while, so I went for a drive. About 50-60 miles round trip, took me around 2 hours. Went out to fort island park at the end of crystal river, then drove back on a bunch of back roads. I learned 3 things, I really want a decent handling wagon or hatch with about 180-200hp if I get rid of my avalanche, I really need to get my boat working again and hot dodge dart hatchback with a stick would be a fun thing to drive. Even the 200 did well for being a rental spec with a auto that has 9 loving gears. (Why does it have 9 gears, jesus christ chrysler)

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 15, 2016

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Parent rant:

Dad gets a mailer from a car dealership, says he's won a prize, test drive a car to collect. Previously mentioned Buick is on last legs. He drives it to dealership, test drives a Hyundai Tucson and falls in love. Negotiates a killer deal on the Tuscon, gets more for the Buick than its worth. He calls me from the dealership and I confirmed that 18% off sticker and KBB retail for a 16 year old Buick with 265k miles was a good deal. I told him to call me when he gets to the finance office.

I don't hear back for 4 hours. I found out he bought an extended warranty that almost completely mirrors the factory warranty for $3500, and takes financing that is 2x what it will be when he calls the loving credit union on Monday. And then leaves without his toaster or whatever the hell he "won".

He says it's too much trouble to cancel the warranty and refinance, but wants me to listen to how he's a victim and there ought to be laws to protect him. I told him that a years worth of payments was absolutely worth spending another 4 hours at the dealership getting this worked out on Monday. At least it's a decent car and in the grand scheme of things he'll come out ahead if he'll get over himself. And get your drat toaster!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Elmnt80 posted:

I decided I needed to get the gently caress out of the house for a while, so I went for a drive. About 50-60 miles round trip, took me around 2 hours. Went out to fort island park at the end of crystal river, then drove back on a bunch of back roads. I learned 3 things, I really want a decent handling wagon or hatch with about 180-200hp if I get rid of my avalanche, I really need to get my boat working again and hot dodge dart hatchback with a stick would be a fun thing to drive. Even the 200 did well for being a rental spec with a auto that has 9 loving gears. (Why does it have 9 gears, jesus christ chrysler)

Why do you want a mopar hatchback specifically?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

fyodor posted:

Why do you want a mopar hatchback specifically?

I like terrible cars and bad ideas. And I really like the front end of the new dart. :shrug:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Aren't they discontinuing the Dart

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Goober Peas posted:

Parent rant:

Dad gets a mailer from a car dealership, says he's won a prize, test drive a car to collect.

God drat, people actually fall for those? A multi thousand dollar purchase should not be an impulse buy. It doesn't sound like he's gotten a bad deal, but still, at least take the numbers home and sleep on it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

Dort. Look at the logo on the back of the next one you see.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

SouthsideSaint posted:

She was a cool manager so she only was a little pissed and made me do a bar rush shift as payback. But this is also the lady who got hammered at our area managers house and left her an upper decker and peed in her shoes...

:stonk:

I think I'm in love.

literally a fish posted:

Everywhere you go, no matter the place, no matter the industry, when you peel back the curtain, everything is held together with duct tape and prayers.

Good god, this. I'm loving amazed some companies work as well as they do.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Welp. I was going to go drive a couple Outbacks on Monday because my lust for a wagon is beating out my desire for horsepower, but I just spit out a large chunk of one of my molars, so I guess I'll be at the dentist instead.

Explains why I've been waking up with headaches, though. I just shrugged that off as normal depression bullshit.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

It seems so, but ending it with a hot version that has the demon name plate will make me happy. Mostly because someone I know gets really angry about the newer darts and says that they don't deserve to have the dart name. He had a dart in the late 70's and didn't like it when I pointed out that they both were basic economy cars.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Going to kind of miss it. It seems like anything remotely sporty is in the $25k plus range now, everything else is a tiny little rollerskate.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So a catering truck decided to change lanes without checking this new invention called "mirrors", and clipped me.

And of course they took off. Limited to some scratches on my bumper and headlight, but they go all the way through the paint to the plastic. Total repairs wouldn't be much more than my deductible.

Option A: file police report, accident goes on my record, police send letter to registered owner. Owner never responds, nothing happens except my rates go up once insurance sees an accident on my record. Police already informed me that since I didn't pull over and call them immediately, that I'm automatically guilty of hit and run myself and they won't investigate it beyond sending a letter (WTF DALLAS)
Option B: file insurance claim, pay my deductible, insurance sends letter to registered owner. Owner never responds, nothing happens except my rates go up.
Option C: take it (the sideswipe) in the rear end, owner of rear end winces, something else goes up.
Option D: stick some Cadillac horns on my car so that the horn can be heard

Options C and D it is.. :fuckoff:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

some texas redneck posted:

So a catering truck decided to change lanes without checking this new invention called "mirrors", and clipped me.

And of course they took off. Limited to some scratches on my bumper and headlight, but they go all the way through the paint to the plastic. Total repairs wouldn't be much more than my deductible.

Option A: file police report, accident goes on my record, police send letter to registered owner. Owner never responds, nothing happens except my rates go up once insurance sees an accident on my record. Police already informed me that since I didn't pull over and call them immediately, that I'm automatically guilty of hit and run myself and they won't investigate it beyond sending a letter (WTF DALLAS)
Option B: file insurance claim, pay my deductible, insurance sends letter to registered owner. Owner never responds, nothing happens except my rates go up.
Option C: take it (the sideswipe) in the rear end, owner of rear end winces, something else goes up.

What the gently caress is wrong with your country???? You pull a stunt like sideswipe a vehicle and take off and your getting a couple of police officers turning up at your door, looking at the new colour and impact damage on your car, and hauling your arse down the station for some hard questions and a "So, you've heard of hit and run right?" if you do that poo poo here...

No wonder you guys all carry guns. Seems shooting the cunts about the only way you'll get a serious response out of your police service...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Goober Peas posted:

Parent rant:
wants me to listen to how he's a victim and there ought to be laws to protect him.
"There is, it's called power of attorney. Don't push your luck old man"

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Ferremit posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with your country???? You pull a stunt like sideswipe a vehicle and take off and your getting a couple of police officers turning up at your door, looking at the new colour and impact damage on your car, and hauling your arse down the station for some hard questions and a "So, you've heard of hit and run right?" if you do that poo poo here...

No wonder you guys all carry guns. Seems shooting the cunts about the only way you'll get a serious response out of your police service...

:911:

Texas is a magical place, even by American standards.
Although, to be fair, Illinois isn't much better in the way our police handle hit and runs. My grandma had her car totaled by a driver at 3 in the afternoon on the busiest street in the town, she gave a description and full license plate number to the cops, which should be a loving cake walk to find out what happened. All that happened was, about a month later, they called to say that the car that hit her was reported stolen the day of the accident and the trail didn't lead anywhere else.
A month's worth of hard police work to type a 7 character code into a computer that is in the squad car with them, and then to never follow up on the extremely suspicious information it gives out... Being within 10 miles of Chicago, the driver probably was a friend of some politician and that's why it took a month to do 10 minutes worth of work that was immediately given up on afterwards, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I've heard mentioned a few time about the US police having a policy of not chasing bikers.

Does this mean that I could ride a bike from coast-to-coast at 70mph with impunity?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You probably could anyway. Most of the speed limits on the interstates are 70mph.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Wrar posted:

You probably could anyway. Most of the speed limits on the interstates are 70mph.

Okay, same question at 100mph

(So, 55 isn't a blanket limit? Guess my reference material for US traffic laws, 'Smokey and the Bandit' is out of date)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spog posted:

Okay, same question at 100mph

(So, 55 isn't a blanket limit? Guess my reference material for US traffic laws, 'Smokey and the Bandit' is out of date)

It used to be 55, some states it still is, but most states have a 65-75 interstate speed limit.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

No dashcam?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Door Frame posted:

:911:

Texas is a magical place, even by American standards.
Although, to be fair, Illinois isn't much better in the way our police handle hit and runs. My grandma had her car totaled by a driver at 3 in the afternoon on the busiest street in the town, she gave a description and full license plate number to the cops, which should be a loving cake walk to find out what happened. All that happened was, about a month later, they called to say that the car that hit her was reported stolen the day of the accident and the trail didn't lead anywhere else.
A month's worth of hard police work to type a 7 character code into a computer that is in the squad car with them, and then to never follow up on the extremely suspicious information it gives out... Being within 10 miles of Chicago, the driver probably was a friend of some politician and that's why it took a month to do 10 minutes worth of work that was immediately given up on afterwards, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating

Ohio might not be better either. My aunt was in a hit and run a few years back, I don't remember the details other than the other person hit her and ran off. When they got home, they then called it into the police. Even though she left the scene, the police didn't count it as a hit and run because she still called it in.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

InitialDave posted:

"There is, it's called power of attorney. Don't push your luck old man"

And Dad is the sane one LOL. I'll save my baby boomer rant for later.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Wife and her visiting friend dragged me to the country's biggest art museum. I might actually die from boredom.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

spog posted:

Does this mean that I could ride a bike from coast-to-coast at 70mph with impunity?

If you do 70 through CA, a lot of people are going to be pissed that you're going too slow in the fast lane. Left lane here is typically 75 sometimes faster. Cops only pull you over if you're going "noticeably faster" than everyone else. My commute home is usually closer to 80 and people still pass me all the time.

bolind posted:

Wife and her visiting friend dragged me to the country's biggest art museum. I might actually die from boredom.

It could be pretty cool, just stay away from the abstract and modern art sections. Those are complete bullshit.

Note: I'm not trying to start an art debate, just my personal preference, maaaaan.

keykey fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 15, 2016

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This isn't the 1950s. Get that goddamned Camry up to 80, grandma, I've got places to be!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

keykey posted:

It could be pretty cool, just stay away from the abstract and modern art sections. Those are complete bullshit.

That's my take on it too. I appreciate anything that's original, makes me think or impresses me with creativity and/or skill, but the majority of the works here look like they were shat out by preschoolers on acid.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I watched Deadpool on my flight and holy poo poo what a terrible film. Boring start to finish and every joke painfully forced and unfunny. I can't see how anyone with an IQ higher than room temperature actually finding this sort of tripe enjoyable.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

corn in the fridge posted:

I watched Deadpool on my flight and holy poo poo what a terrible film. Boring start to finish and every joke painfully forced and unfunny. I can't see how anyone with an IQ higher than room temperature actually finding this sort of tripe enjoyable.

Lol I guess you're not 15 sucks to be you!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

I watched Deadpool in a theater with my friends and holy poo poo what a fun film. Tongue-in-cheek start to finish and every joke really fit the characters and source material. I can't see how anyone with a sense of fun wouldn't find this kind of movie-going experience enjoyable.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Best Marvel film yet.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

spog posted:

I've heard mentioned a few time about the US police having a policy of not chasing bikers.

You could drive at 70 and not get anything but horns telling you to stop being such a slow poke dumbass.

At 100 in a car you're getting stopped. On a bike... You can't outrun radios.

gently caress you deadpool was hilarious.

Did nobody see my weird car post? Not a single reply...

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 15, 2016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

You could drive at 70 and not get anything but horns telling you to stop being such a slow poke dumbass.

At 100 in a car you're getting stopped. On a bike... You can't outrun radios.

gently caress you deadpool was hilarious.

Did nobody see my weird car post? Not a single reply...

100 on a bike also totally depends on the bike. If you're on a quiet, sport touring bike or the like and you're in full gear with reflective gear most cops don't even glance at you.

Sport bike with a loud pipe? You're getting pulled for everything.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

iwentdoodie posted:

100 on a bike also totally depends on the bike. If you're on a quiet, sport touring bike or the like and you're in full gear with reflective gear most cops don't even glance at you.

Sport bike with a loud pipe? You're getting pulled for everything.
True. Everybody hates loud rear end bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

P. sure you're trolling. I really enjoyed it.

• Locked thread