Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

meatpimp posted:

He freaks out like Enourmo posts about school.

man it's good to know i'm still loved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

man triggers - real triggers- are not all that new age of a concept; it's just a different flavor of "don't talk to uncle jack about vietnam, it sets him off"

some people go overboard but i don't think it's all that unreasonable to go, for example, "hey I was raped as a teenager can we please not make rape jokes"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hell, sometimes the fins were optional:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I mean I broadly agree with you TT but we don't need to throw war-induced PTSD sufferers under the bus to make a point.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tusen Takk posted:

If you guys ever think you don't have a significant other for whatever reason just remember that if Tusen Takk can trick a gorgeous gal to marry him then anyone can

ok, but: *waves vaguely at my 4 month meltdown in the chat threads*

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man all this over/under 30 talk scares the gently caress out of me considering I'm graduating right around my 30th birthday.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Have you considered smoking one (1) weed?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Even if it was an SS-Turbo model (which did and might still hold the Nurburgring lap record for a production FWD car) I'd still be on the fence.

Don't get a Cobalt.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

KozmoNaut posted:

RIP Bill Hines aka. The Leadslinger :(

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Bill_Hines

He made it to 94 years young, despite slingin' lead and smokin' cigars for most of his life. I first saw him on Monster Garage where he absolutely floored everyone (including me) with his amazing leadwork. The man was one hell of an artist.

Now that's a life well lived.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

was its engine perchance designed by the yamaha SHO team ala "let's not back up our interference fit on the cam gears with any other form of fastening"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Did an actual maintenance thing last night. I've been running on the same oil for like 9000 miles, checked it last night and it was off the dipstick. One quart brought it to dead center of the healthy range though, so it must have been borderline and I'm not too worried about it.

Oil looked pretty drat clean for that mileage too, I guess having modern oil in an engine that was thoroughly cleaned before I swapped it in helps with that.

Still need to change it but v:v:v

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Goddamn car's been giving me fits with hot starts, gonna need to go find my multimeter and check voltage drops on cables. I just replaced the battery last August so it better not be dead already.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's a little harder when one of your drive wheels is missing on a car presumably rocking an open diff.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Gee, I hope those poor babies never have to take the wheels off any pickup larger than a base 1/2 ton. :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

G...Godwin?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

leica posted:

Also I'm not a comic nerd in the least, but loving LOL at Captain America actually being a Nazi, that's the dumbest poo poo I've heard in awhile.

no no but you see in the movies red skull was just using the nazis as a tool to make hydra powerful he didn't actually believe in their worldview therefore hydra is not actually nazis and furthermore,

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

E: ^^ My dad had an F250 when i was a toddler with red corrugated vinyl. He had to carry towels to cover the seats cause we'd burn ourselves climbing into our baby seats.

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Black leather interior+nonfunctional ac+:sun:=:supaburn:

My car takes 5-10 minutes running the AC at full blast to cool the cabin off just due to the heat radiating from every surface. Seats are cloth, but they are black, and the wheel and shift knob are leather.

It's not summer in central FL until you give yourself the spicy keychain by sticking it in the ignition and pulling it out a few minutes later.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 26, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

god drat apartment hunting is stressful.

And oh boy, I'm 28 today. I feel so much more mature and comfortable with myself.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Don't worry, that will pass.

I was being totally sincere, and definitely not sarcastically expressing the same sentiment you are sincerely.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ugh. I was feeling pretty good all weekend, now suddenly today I'm getting sick or something and it's sapped all my strength. Went to pick up a guitar amp that was my bday present, by the time I put it I'm my car and drove home I was feeling woozy and dead. Got home and I've been drifting in and out of sleep for like the last 6 hours. Feels bad man.

I hope I feel good enough to go to school tomorrow, there's an aiaa meet n greet/informal group interview for prospective leaders. I applied to run the rocket project, so i don't wanna miss it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

its bah weep grah nah weep mini-bon

you just declared interstellar war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kimbo305 posted:

Just assuming you're white.