Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Watching F1 qualifying and two questions asked by two separate presenters to drivers:

quote:

...can yourun me through a qualifying lap?..

Cue the driver basically trying to make 'drive really fast' sound interesting

quote:

...are you going to have to pass people in order to move up the field?..

Again cue the driver trying to string out an explanation that's simply 'yes'

Why is sport commentary so loving awful at times? Most football matches I watch have the commentators essentially saying 'to win team x needs to score more than team y' and I'd rather just have the loving crowd noise than that level of idiocy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

blk posted:

The Lotus Esprit was my childhood dream car. I told myself I would never bother with one unless it was an S4S in a nice color like silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162049210344?rmvSB=true

gently caress. I should really put that money to college savings for my kid instead. Right? Right?

You can always sell it on again if you need the cash. Live the dream!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

I never thought I'd learn something from Archer, along with being entertained...

Thomas Edison really did electrocute an elephant to demonstrate how AC current was unsafe (granted, he fed the elephant 6600V, which is ridiculous overkill). Plus, he shot video of it: :nsfw: obviously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoKi4coyFw0

:dogbutton:

I wonder what the amperage of that was considering it takes as little as 200 milliamps is enough to stop a human heart.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

We're on our periods early this month.

*edit: I just cooked fish and am now watching Hellboy after having hit the gym earlier. Not a bad Monday.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Seeing as this is the AI forum, can I have opinions on the film Speed Racer? Personally I feel it's a massively underrated film, pure joy from start to finish, and oh what a finish it is.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So at the end of three years I'm now up to 40,573 kms

I need to ride more. Wow.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

kastein posted:

You know how in the old testament god was all wrath and fire and brimstone and destruction and burnt offerings? And in the new testament he seems to have chilled out a bit? Jesus came along in between the two... He got laid.

(sorry to any actual christians I have offended with this terrible joke, not sorry)

Magically banging a virgin (lol yeah right) ending up with a baby that is you and also a holy ghost all at the same time makes a man consider his place in the world.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Satanism is basically christianity under another name minus the whole praying to someone that doesn't talk back.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

I broke down and used lemon essential oil to kill the smell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ecmciv9zI

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Negromancer posted:

The internet has broken me. I honestly can not tell if that guy is being serious or not.

He's serious. Serious about taking the piss out of people who buy into this sort of utter poo poo. He's got other videos on similar subjects which you can send to your friends who believe nonsense.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nobody knows what the gently caress you're talking about when you just type product names and give no details about what it all actually is.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I saw this when it came out a few weeks ago when it was shared over and over on my Facebook. For whatever reason the vast majority of MLM's seem to reside in Utah. Including, but not limited to DoTERRA, Young Living, NuSkin, XANGO, Life Vantage... I appreciated the heck out of that video, but his video on Gluten Intolerance was just this side of perfection that mastered the craft. Quote of the video "Gluten is the new animal you don't have to eat" :master:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oht9AEq1798

I feel like the line that follows shortly after that one is better...

quote:

...being gluten intolerant is the perfect opportunity to assert your dominance on the lives of everyone around you, which improves your life. So if you're ready to have a ravenous appetite for impossible standards and dogmatic feelings of victimisation, then let's get started on what you need to do to become gluten intolerant.

I mean that's it. Done. Anything after that is just the icing on the cake. Which is gluten free.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Darchangel posted:

I enjoyed it, but I was already a fan of the franchise from waaaay back. I felt that the movie pretty much captured the tone, feel, and very much, the vibrancy of the cartoon. I think that's what they were really going for. The bright colors and sheer lunacy.
Come to think of it, I don't think I have that on Blu-Ray. I need to fix that.

I have two copies on blu ray yet don't own a blu ray player... Weird but true. Should probably fix that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

freelop posted:

Pick up a cheap PS3, that's what mine gets used for mostly and they work well as players

Quite how this hadn't occurred to me I have no idea.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

London has a Muslim mayor. We are all hosed, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

...is basically what I've been reading on the internet so far this morning. I wonder what it's like going through life being so afraid of everyone else.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

My in laws are from Leicester and the last time they were out here they were saying how they need to move to Canada because "there are so few Muslims around." I thought about reminding them about how they are just as much immigrant as the muslims are, but I don't think it would have mattered.

"they need to stop coming over here pushing their laws on people!"

*conveniently forgets they're from a country whose empire at one point was 1/5 the world's population and did exactly the same thing*

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

You could kill an entire car meet with that kind of HP.

:tipshat:

It'll be a while before I get bored of Mustang jokes/memes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

corn in the fridge posted:

That mustang meme is insanely dumb and you're pretty much a retard if you think its funny

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's 'world ride your bike to work day' today but it was absolutely pissing it down so gently caress that. I ride every other day of the year so whatever.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

literally a fish posted:

His brother is the surgeon who did my sleeve op a couple weeks ago :v:

How well dressed are you now then?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I keed, I keed. How's that going now, you still on liquids?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rename literally a fish to literally a whale

how a whale use internet

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

literally a fish posted:

Yeah :( I get to move up to purees on friday. This part is the worst, but also the best for losing weight so I guess it cancels out???

My god do I have to drink a lot of protein shakes. I'm starting to wonder if I even lift, bro.

i lift myself out of chairs and stuff i guess :v:

The protein shakes are to keep what muscle mass you have while the rest of you disintegrates I'd imagine. Everyone should lift a thing though, I've caught myself looking forward to going home to the gym while I'm at work. poo poo's weird.

Cakefool posted:

Not read about any mass pedestrian deaths so I'd guess no?

:v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Pizza, you fool. Pizza is the superfood.

I'm with you. I'm unsure how I'm not 30 stone.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Question for the UK people: how is the graham norton show seen by you guys? Funny or poo poo?

It's better than most chat shows but that isn't saying much.

What's the reason for the question?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Farmer's market is at work today, I plan on eating a lot.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

Have you tried kelp tape? :colbert:

It's amazing, these like, kung-fu monks make this fifty-foot tape, like a cloth measuring tape but it's kelp, and you swallow it over like three days then you start to, ya know, pass it, then you just slowly slowly pull it out of you over three more days

This sounds like some nightmare scenario where it all balls up in your intestines and you get backed up and explode.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

Get me a honey stick :ocelot:

Did this. Pulled pork burger with some magic sweet sauce stuff which was immense. Dude also supplied me with a Curly Wurly as dessert.

:cheers:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Because I love watching it and was just wondering how it was viewed there :v:

Norton's best TV role is this because gently caress me he played it well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk_-E2eBrrQ

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I bought an av because boredom at work.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

I may stab the next fucker to come in here tonight and throw a bitch fit that I won't return their obviously used parts. You stuck the battery in a vehicle with high compression and a high and ran it down while trying to crank it. gently caress you, you installed the shoe and drove on it for a month before saying you didn't want it, and its missing half the hardware kit. gently caress you, you were told there was a freight charge you old bastard, quit being a complete shitheel.

I worked in a place and experienced similar things. I also worked in a bike shop for a couple of years and that too was an experience due to lovely customers. One time a guy brought his kid's bike in to have the gears looked at, I told him it'd be a few quid and to leave it with me for a couple of hours as I had other things to attend to. I cleared my backlog of stuff and set to work on the bike and found that the derailleur hanger was bent, the frame being steel meant this wasn't an issue so I broke out the adjustable spanner and gently teased it back into place and checked the gearing. While I was checking the gearing I decided to look over the whole thing and found the rear wheel had no real spoke tension which in my experience would suggest the kid had been jumping the bike a lot. I took the wheel off, put it in the wheel jig and went to work tightening it up and it was slack as gently caress. I sorted it, gave the guy a call and he came to pick the bike up. I charged him for the gear adjust and then said I'd done the rear wheel for free as the kid obviously jumped the bike and bikes are fun so whatever. It was at this point the guy got really loving angry that I'd suggested his kid did anything other than keep both wheels on the ground at all times... This turned into a shouting match that was eventually broken up by the manager.

I did something for free and got shouted at. People are bad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fyodor posted:

Nothin' wrong with a double double.

I'm only seeing one double. 2x2=4. False advertising.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

Double meat, double cheese, get with the nomenclature.

Nah, cheese doesn't count, it's like suggesting double bbq sauce is a thing which makes a burger more than what it is initially. Go hard or go home. Double double should be 4x the beef. :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

gimpsuitjones posted:

there's probably somewhere else I should ask, but: what do we think of a Toyota Starlet GT turbo?

Hilarious amounts of fun. Do it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Great Beer posted:

What are some films you enjoy, just for comparisons sake

*copies and pastes imdb's top 50*

Also lol at watching an entire movie when the first 5 minutes annoys you.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I don't watch films very often I'd rather read a book

That doesn't answer the question though fam, what films do you rate?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

kris_b posted:

Not my pic, but that's gotta hurt.

Nah, I still own an F40.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fyodor posted:

I wasn't into Deadpool either but I'm not a dick about it. I didn't read comics as a kid so maybe those movies aren't for me.

I feel we need to get corn's opinion on Fury Road.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Motofest is 4/5th June. This is all a 10 minute walk from my house...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95vHBb7GLyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kWW8-qSD0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGeieYsmjQE

Gon be good. I love how they shut down half of the ring road for it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

That looks awesome, very similar to the historic grand prix we have every year literally 900 meters from my front door.

This year, we'll have a full 30-car field of legend cars. I am sure it will be utter glorious mayhem in every way.

Any excuse to get race cars on the streets is a great excuse.

• Locked thread