Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Wrar posted:

Holy gently caress Orphan Black.

In which sense? I liked it till the beginning of season 3 and I just couldn't do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mat_Drinks posted:

I love cooking chicken this way. Olive oil and a bit of salt, pepper and oregano make the skin taste super good :btroll:

It's actually one of the worse ways to cook a chicken, the beer doesn't add any flavor and it makes it harder to get to the right internal temperature before the outside is overdone.

Spatchcock your chickens, always.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

SCA Enthusiast posted:

People who don't take their college education seriously baffle me. You're paying for this and chose the classes you're taking. Why would you gently caress yourself over like that?

e: The craziest thing is that so many problems can be solved by just going to class every drat time.

I used to have dreams toward the tail end of semesters that I had a class that I had just forgotten to go to for months. Fortunately that was never real.

I've had that dream too. Even after I was done with college.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

I wrestled an EJ25 for several hours yesterday and won. Felt fine.

Today I threw out my lower back sitting in a chair at work. Not sitting down or standing up or anything, just sitting there, now my lower left back feels like I threw it out. Hopefully just a cramp/minor pulled muscle.

Also we should have a cage match to the death for all politicians and then shoot the winner.

You threw it out yesterday, didn't find out till today

Condolences SSS :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

Hey guys

This month is pretty great, don't you think?

:unsmith:

88 degrees yesterday here in seattle, which is really hot for this time of year.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Management is offering voluntary layoffs for those who have been here long enough and the seventy loving three year old useless guy in my group is "holding out for a better deal" :downs:

Of course the guy should have retired long ago but instead he's got a E65 to keep on the road. Good job rear end in a top hat I'm sure it will be totally worth it to lay off two people at the bottom of the totem pole while he keeps his job.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Liquid Communism posted:

It is literally not his problem.

If they wanted to keep those people, they'd lay him off specifically.

I know it's not his problem, of course. I understand the gently caress you got mine mentality. There won't be a 'better offer'.

When you're not good at what you do any more and still working at 73, you hosed up somewhere along the line.

And no, we're in an engineer/tech union so he will not be laid off. They lay off bottom to top when it comes to it.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 4, 2016

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gently caress.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

88h88 posted:

Quite how this hadn't occurred to me I have no idea.

They work pretty well for streaming video to as well.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Gubbermint shouldn't stop me from giving robo-blowjobs :freep:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

QuarkMartial posted:

This guy wasn't even as legit as that :v: . No company clothes, just grey-ish business casual clothes and his jacket had some stoner/rasta looking patch on the lapel.

In the past month we've had two kids going door to door selling offbrand candy for their "charities." I wonder how they get roped into this poo poo or if their parents are just doing it for easy cash. hosed up either way.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I forgot my rage against the machine cd in the head unit when i sold my e30 to gabe newell. i'm sure he appreciated it

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Unfortunately it's further proof that people dont respect the stuff they actually pay for with their own money.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cakefool posted:

That's nearly the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Rice is junk food after you add cheese and sauce and whatever else.

Ice is junk food after you add cheese and sauce and whatever else.

An empty plate is junk food after you know what forget it.

iceberg lettuce is cheap garbage, it's low in calories and nutrient-deficient and almost every way it's served is with a fuckload of bad calories from dressing and bacon and other bad decisions.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

fyodor posted:

Nothin' wrong with a double double.

Ughhh wish they would expand the chain up the west coast :argh:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

Aren't they discontinuing the Dart

Dort. Look at the logo on the back of the next one you see.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

why do you numpties even loving respond

Also here is the best '94 Camry in all existence

:agreed:

too bad this blog has been abandoned, would be a good submission

http://thetancamry.tumblr.com/

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Great Beer posted:

Yay, my most useless co-worker is quitting. Although that brings us down to just me and the morning guy. As expected this week has sucked. I'm so busy delivering I don't have time to do the dozen other things I have to do so I end up stuck at work an extra couple of hours. And then they want me to close Friday (meaning I get home at about 2 am) then come in for a mandatory meeting (which I've been told is largely for morale boosting purposes) on Saturday at 9 a.m.

Oh and the only guy who showed up to his interview was confused as to why he needed a drivers license. :ughh:

You are legally required to have 8 hours between end of shift and start of another. Tell them to pound sand or let you out at 1am.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Geoj posted:

This isn't a federal regulation and as far as I can tell with a cursory Google search there aren't any states that implement it either. Unless you work in a heavily regulated industry (truck drivers, pilots, etc.) your employer can tell you to work 24 hours a day in perpetuity and not run afoul of labor laws.

poo poo, you're right. Another labor law myth :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Speaking of K-cars, the new guy to my group turns out to be a car guy and he has two Chrysler TCs, and he showed me a pic of one with a set of RPF-1's on it :eyepop:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KozmoNaut posted:

Wouldn't a cheap belt from a Goodwill or something be cheaper?

Goons gonna goon

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
3 spoke wheels look a lot better than 4 spoke wheels, by a long shot.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna see what they want to do but she seems pretty keen to burn the car to the ground. But if it's a difference between $150 in scrap and selling it as a $500 runner she may change her mind.

They owe 1600 on a 20+ year old car? Sounds like they don't have a choice to not fix it

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Noise Complaint posted:

I got a VAG I can stuff things in. I'm pretty stoked. Turns out the whole emissions scandal means TDI prices are in the toilet. Considering this purchase is meant for the wife to drive into the ground like she did with her VW Rabbit I'd say we did pretty good.

Also the Sportwagen is pretty sexy-like.

Manual or DSG? I can't wait to sell mine back to vw

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Find a used big green egg on craigslist. I'm on my fourth bge and I'm a total fanboy but buy used if you're not sure about spending big money on one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
How are you still living paycheck to paycheck with your nice union job, overtime and not doing drugs anymore?

• Locked thread