Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

literally a fish posted:

Sure! I had a sleeve gastrectomy operation on the 29th; for the first two weeks after it's strictly liquids only, then two weeks on pureed/paste form foods. Stomach got a lot of healin' to do.

Have an immersion blender? You can make some tasty and filling pureed soups pretty easy with a crock pot and an immersion blender. My favorites are butternut squash soup, potato and leek soup, and roasted tomato/pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Tide posted:

Incredibly scared to google this while at work.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Cage posted:

I have $2.77 in amazon points that I can't use because I cut the card up. :argh:

I freeze credit cards in a block of ice in a plastic baggy instead of cutting them up. Works pretty well.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I have an ungodly amount of dead trees to pull down and process into firewood. If you guys want to lose weight you can come do that. We can even call it crossfit if you like.

I'll even provide the light beer and salad.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Cage posted:

Actually liquor + 0 calorie drinks is the way to go. And iceburg lettuce is poo poo for you and is basically junk food after you add cheese and dressing and whatever else.

Buy some vodka and beef jerky and I will swing by.

Handle of Sobieski and endless bottles from the Sodastream. Got it. Come to NEAI on August 20th.

Seriously though, if you guys have wooded area, maintain that poo poo, don't let it turn into a tinder box.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Where did iceberg lettuce come from anyway? I don't even feed that to my rabbits.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Cage posted:

Look forget the food just make sure you got liquor.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

There's a BBQ place a stone's throw from my work that I have to fight myself pretty hard to not go to every day. It's run by a competitive eater. The portions are... generous.

They do bacon wrapped meatballs that are then smoked and coated in sauce.

http://bearsbbq.com/

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I generally have everyone chip in and we do our own BBQ. It works out pretty well. That and huge vats of chili.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Whenever someone says superfood, my pseudoscience meter twitches.

I feel like there would be a classic Carlin rant in that if he was still alive

Organic non-GMO superfood, no chemicals, but lots of vitamins, antioxidants and cancer fighting, free range and no hormones..

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

clutchpuck posted:

1998 Ford F-150: where is the CD changer?

I didn't think there was one, but I pressed CD on the dash unit and music started playing. There are like 3-4 CDs in it and I found a disc caddy on the floor but I cannot find the changer unit.

If it's an extended cab its drivers side, back seat, under the window in the little pocket or under the bench seat.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

There's something about that first warm and sunny Saturday of the year. Break out the mower and throw on some music. Finish the yard and grab a cold drink of choice. Look up and it's not even noon time yet.

Anyway, the wife is looking at ~2012 TDI Sportwagens to replace her Jeep. Anything we should look out for? The prices are very nice right now.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Did the trailblazer itself ever come with a 3rd row option? That 4.2 Atlas i6 is pretty drat sick.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

So I have a new employee sent to me by an agency. Guy knows his poo poo but he's a bit slow, so I was worried. However, he brought me in 2 bottles of homemade wine, 3 dozen eggs from his chickens, 5 pounds of chouriço, Portuguese sausage, and a fresh, hot, croissant made by his wife. Dude can stay. God-loving-drat.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Hey if you're coming to NEAI. Post in the thread I just made. I have to start making preparations. Like beer. Lots of beers.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Oh dear god you dont want that thing loving Christ. It's a J-Body, nearly a decade after they were relevant if they ever were!

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I had some extra cash and wound up with a $500 turbo Volvo. What have I done?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Buhbuhj posted:

Now spend more money than the car is worth and put a bigger turbo on it.

I've already spent more money than I paid for it just in poo poo from Amazon. It's a 2001 V70. I may have ordered springs to slam it.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

leica posted:

I did SPATCHCOCK today and it was delicious.

Spatchcock is the way to loving go. I had a huge argument with a guy on Facebook recently. His preferred method was beer canning. I told him to gently caress right off and try spatchcock. He did and will never ever go back :)

Wrar posted:

New puppy just was diagnosed with Parvo. Fortunately he's only been symptomatic since this afternoon so the outcome is likely OK but yeah...

Ugh. I know this feeling. Our newest pup was hospitalized for 2 weeks right after we got him due to a horrible lung infection that lead to pneumonia.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I'm ricing out my Volvo and I literally do not give a gently caress. Gotta get that poo poo out of my system sometime.

Also I'm going to pick up an orphan baby goat on Wednesday that needs to be bottle fed. :3 I can't wait!

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Enourmo posted:

was its engine perchance designed by the yamaha SHO team ala "let's not back up our interference fit on the cam gears with any other form of fastening"

If you're talking about the SHO V6, I've been apart of the Taurus SHO Community for a very very long time and have never heard of them failing because of a cam issue.

If you're talking about the SHO V8, that issue is Ford's fault and holy poo poo its a doozy hahahahaha

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I got a VAG I can stuff things in. I'm pretty stoked. Turns out the whole emissions scandal means TDI prices are in the toilet. Considering this purchase is meant for the wife to drive into the ground like she did with her VW Rabbit I'd say we did pretty good.

Also the Sportwagen is pretty sexy-like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

DSG. Wife sits in 45 min of traffic a day and is unwilling to drive a manual in that condition.

• Locked thread