Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Turnbull isnt Lex Luthor he's more like... Bruce Wayne or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

He's the Prime Minister we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Luthor should probably be Rupert Murdoch or Gina or someone like that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

Luthor should probably be Rupert Murdoch or Gina or someone like that.

Neither of those two ham handed hacks are anywhere near Luthor quality.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Shorten as a Faceless Man was easy, and I probably had this kicking around in my subconscious

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Honestly the idea of bill shorten being able to make laws is repugnant

Only born to rule toffs are allowed to be PM without ever having held a real job

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ewe2 posted:

They're not giving up, not these little black ducks. Thank god.

I assume bolt is just hoping Peta can help bring down Turnbull same as she helped Abbott out? I mean he must now that Abbott and Peta are as politically poisonous as each other.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

quote:

Company tax will be cut in Tuesday's budget to encourage new investment, Treasurer Scott Morrison says, but there's no indication that people earning less than $80,000 can expect any tax relief.

That's going to go down well I imagine

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

gay picnic defence posted:

Well, he's sure lost my vote.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

gay picnic defence posted:

lol

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

our poll numbers seem to go down whenever we hint at loving over the poor and reducing taxes for the rich but maybe just stay the course and we'll win through sheer concentrated delusion

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

our poll numbers seem to go down whenever we hint at loving over the poor and reducing taxes for the rich but maybe just stay the course and we'll win through sheer concentrated delusion

Hey, it worked for them last time.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

~aspirational voters~

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Mad Katter posted:

Hey, it worked for them last time.

Zenithe posted:

~aspirational voters~

Australia.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dr_rat posted:

I assume bolt is just hoping Peta can help bring down Turnbull same as she helped Abbott out? I mean he must now that Abbott and Peta are as politically poisonous as each other.

Why do you last names for males but first names for females?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think Malcolm Turnbull is Supply Side Jesus.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Saw MT photo op with his grandkid and suddenly feel the historical precedent for him is Crassus making his way to Carrhae. 62-yo rich dude with maximum hubris about to be handed a shellacking by underestimated adversary.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Frogmanv2 posted:

Dehumanises men so they're easier to inter In Mal's Opinion.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Frogmanv2 posted:

Was two in the morning and could''t remember Credlins last name despite reading it not two minutes previous.

My Bad.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Birdstrike posted:

Saw MT photo op with his grandkid and suddenly feel the historical precedent for him is Crassus making his way to Carrhae. 62-yo rich dude with maximum hubris about to be handed a shellacking by underestimated adversary.
I want to believe as much as the next artisan sourdough wrap sucker but right now in Canberra I think you'd find it hard to buy a fog machine or any mirrors. Despite it being a transparent ploy, the LNP dream team are using the good old we cut X but now we are funding X-Y for this thing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-02/pyne-education-funding-schools-fact-check/7355090

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-01/education-union-accuses-government-of-walking-away-from-gonski/7374144

quote:

The Government will pump an extra $1.2 billion into the nation's schools, giving the states funding certainty until 2020. The pledge partially reverses the 10-year, $30-billion cut to education funding contained in the Abbott government's 2014 budget but falls short of Labor's commitment to fully fund the Gonski plan, which expires in 2019.

The 5 Billion on infrastructure is still tied to privatise your granny or else! and although they say it is now focused on Public Transport it is still largely about road infrastructure. Sell it and we'll fix it!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-02/$5b-plan-in-budget-to-fund-public-transport-projects/7374772

quote:

The Asset Recycling Initiative provides funding for transport proposals, but only if the state and territory governments privatise assets to fund a share of the proposal. State-federal funding is likely to come from the privatisation of the NSW electricity network and the Port of Melbourne. Major Projects Minister Paul Fletcher said the projects would provide an economic boost. "Infrastructure is enormously important to our :siren: productivity :siren:, to our competitiveness, and to the liveability of our cities and our major centres," Mr Fletcher said. "The Turnbull Government in this budget is making a very substantial commitment to infrastructure spending."

Coopting some of Labour's policies with negative gearing and super

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-01/changes-to-way-superannuation-top-ups-taxed-on-budget-agenda/7373712

Now remember this is ScoMo's first ever budget so it's not likely to be an especially competent one, but how can the 'We will cut company tax and make up the short fall by reducing avoidance!" be seriously taken on by, well anyone, ffs. This is magic pudding thinking to justify installing a pork barrel chucker for your mates.

Also why are we talking about the budget in gruesome detail it doesn't come out till tommorrow... Oh wait silly me, if it hasn't been leaked to the Arsetralian at least a day in advance it isn't actual LNP policy. Sorry my bad.

And so it is that this burst colostomy bag of an administration is bizarrely using its economic credentials (It has less than none) to sell a dud make believe budget and win the next election. Fat chance you say? Well that's what I'm watching unfold and by the time the smoke has cleared and all the mirrors are in shards around their feet they will in all likelihood be well into their second term. The only thing the budget speech really needs at this point is a virtually continuous laugh track.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-29/budget-2016-cut-through-the-spin-with-our-pass-notes/7367582

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 2, 2016

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Nah man there's gotta be a sexist reason so we can arc up about it.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

What the poo poo ScoMo, I want an income tax cut.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

But I'll settle for not having to pay some new asshat levy

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Two of the police officers who lied on social media about the presence of drug detector dogs were on duty at the time, and all three had been involved in drug dog operations.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Someone lied on the internet! *clutches pearls*

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Holy false equivalency batman

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I am glad the police can act so responsibly on social media.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Blot is firmly in the Abbot Wuz Robbed camp, so its birds of a feather really. Just imagine the fun of these guys complaining about the Budget then ever election policy, then imagine how this will play to the electorate. It's pure gold.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

I read something untrue on social media.

This is an outrage.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Negligent posted:

It's ok for the police to lie

Cool

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Anything anyone posts on social media must be the literal truth.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Negligent posted:

Anything anyone posts on social media must be the literal truth.

Negligent is an idiot. :smug:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The greens made a Facebook page and got pissy when the internet turns out to not be a totally reliable source of info. Cool beans

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

80% false positives, loving lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

All cops are bastards you say?

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Negligent posted:

I read something untrue on social media.

This is an outrage.

Harrison??

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Skimmed the rags waiting for my lunch today, Blot is having a dig at the French subs in the Arsetralian. Didn't read enough to find out why.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
No one can be surprised that the country that drove a person to horrific self harm and refused him medical treatment out of malice is the same country that bills his family for repatriation of the body right?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

No one can be surprised that the country that drove a person to horrific self harm and refused him medical treatment out of malice is the same country that bills his family for repatriation of the body right?

Christ almighty, got a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Skimmed the rags waiting for my lunch today, Blot is having a dig at the French subs in the Arsetralian. Didn't read enough to find out why.

It's not what Tony wanted, at a guess

• Locked thread