Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I'll give some credit in that I did not expect their changes to superannuation to go as far as it did considering their base.

Limiting non-concessional contributions to a lifetime limit of $500K whilst it's currently $180K a year until you turn 75 is a pretty stark change. Especially since its effective from the budget announcement, so nothing we dodgy accountants can do about it. We told some clients to consider putting extra in before the budget, but I'm still shocked they went to this extreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
That internal polling is apparently horseshit

http://www.liberal.org.au/latest-news/2016/05/05/statement-tony-nutt-national-campaign-director

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I don't love that our sexy Greens saviour has loving au pairs, but the facts in the story are made for maximum beat up to get to that $150 / 40 hours = $3.75 an hour number all the usual labor suspects are now crowing on about.

That's based off a full working week of 40 hours when the spokesman states working hours were approx 25 hours per week. But more annoyingly for this tax nerd is all the references to after-tax income. They were paid $187 per week, with $37 going to the ATO on their behalf. That's still part of your wages full stop. So $187 + $300 offset for food and boarding = $487 / 25 = $19.48, minimum wage is currently $17.29 (cant be arsed to check if there is an au pair award)

The paying $300 of their wages for food and boarding I won't defend though, partly because I don't like it but also that I'm not at all familiar with the norms of that type of work.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
My rental agent has not bothered to inspect my unit or raise the rent since I moved in 3 years ago. I love the apathetic bastards and never want to move.

• Locked thread