Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

the Deputy Prime Minister used Question Time to launch a forceful defence of the budget spend to infect carp with herpes

Barnaby 'Fishfucker' Joyce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dude McAwesome posted:

jfc, he just bellowed CAAAAAAAAAARP over and over again in qt, how the gently caress is this clown an elected official

oh yeah, the nats

Its not very effective

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He cant get the bolt report and he WANTS IT?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Federal prosecutors in Brazil have filed a 155 billion real ($58.2 billion) civil lawsuit against iron miner Samarco, and its owners Vale SA and BHP Billiton, for a collapsed tailings dam that killed 19 people and polluted a major river.

:eyepop:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Prime Minister refuses to confirm the costs of his plan to cut company tax over 10 years, despite the Parliamentary Budget Office estimating it at $16.5 billion.

Why would you do that?

Also:

Mad Katter posted:

What about a person of median intelligence though?

Lmao

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-05/marco-bulmer-rizzi-immigration-letter-sent-to-deceased-man/7386210

quote:

A day before travelling from the UK to Greece to spread his dead husband's ashes, Marco Bulmer-Rizzi read an immigration department email sent to his deceased husband warning he was overstaying his visa in Australia.

Because South Australia does not recognise same-sex marriages from overseas, their marriage was not initially recorded on David's death certificate and Marco Bulmer–Rizzi was not recognised as next of kin.

South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill later intervened to remove the description of "never married".

However Mr Bulmer-Rizzi went on to describe the incident as "a personal attack on David, on our memories" and said "it was the most humiliating moment of my life".

Yesterday Mr Bulmer-Rizzi was traumatised again when he received an automatically redirected email which Australia's Department of Immigration and Border Protection had sent to his husband warning him he had overstayed his visa in Australia.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Exclusive Norfolk Islanders propose hosting processing centre for asylum seekers
Territory could retain sovereignty in exchange for processing and housing boat arrivals from Nauru and Manus Island, say proponents

:stare:

Rape Island + Refugee Island. Two great flavours in one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao Dennis Jensen is going independent.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is the entire news media blind or do they not understand that the Libs attacking the Greens and Labor forming a parliament is hypocrisy of the highest order?

They're called the loving Coalition, for gently caress's sake. THEY'RE ALWAYS FORMING GOVERNMENT WITH TWO PARTIES.

lol the Nats arent a party

They're more of a tumor

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Live Tanya Plibersek says she supports asylum boat turnbacks
Labor’s deputy leader says turnbacks have to be 'one of the policy options available to us' on day three of the election campaign. Follow all the developments live with Katharine Murphy

The LNP garbage fire.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The dumbfuck that makes Soylent thinks he's being ecological by buying a bajillion cheap overalls and throwing them away after they become too soiled instead of washing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:v

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/events/1331931616823325/

Its in Perth :australia:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Details
***Line Up for Bar 459 JUST RELEASED featuring;
Ratking
Last Quokka
Territory
Government Yard
Unravel ***

▲▼▲ 7pm til late | The Rosemount Hotel | FREE Entry to Main Room, Courtyard and Bar 459 ▲▼▲

Greens Senator Scott Ludlam will return to The Rosemount Hotel on May 28 to host the WA Greens ‘Block Party’ to welcome the new volunteers on the block and celebrate our amazing current crew in the lead up to the Federal election.

Laced with cool bands and Senator Ludlam’s witty quips, this free party is a double whammy of good times and a chance to sign up to make a difference in the world around you.

RSVP'S ESSENTIAL! http://bit.ly/1SXR7TW

Line up + more to be announced!

Doctopus
HAMJAM
Pool Boy
Ben Taaffe
Rok Riley
Dr Jase
Jeff Annert
Willy Slade

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

The Sydney Morning Herald columnist Paul Sheehan has been given a redundancy package two months after he was suspended indefinitely over his false story of a woman, “Louise”, who claimed she had been raped and beaten by Arabic-speaking men.

Sheehan told Guardian Australia he was made redundant from the Fairfax newspaper he first worked for 30 years ago but he declined to clarify whether the arrangement was voluntary or forced.

Good.

Also RIP ABC Fact Check

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cartoon posted:

Apparently the building now considered most iconic (in Australia) is no longer the opera house but the War Memorial. :psyduck:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...sor-awards.html

oh man I love the taj mahal

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Bill Shorten is 'demonising' Peter Dutton, says Turnbull"

:allbuttons:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol at the Hun's front page. COPS RAID LABOUR

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Scott Ludlam posted a cute dog gif on facebook that linked to an enrolment page. Goddamn clickbait!

Also:

quote:

Julie Bishop’s office has brushed aside concerns raised by Liberal National party supporters about a $300 a head fundraiser to be held in a Brisbane restaurant owned by a convicted heroin trafficker with longstanding family links to the underworld.

The foreign minister is billed as the special guest at the event next Tuesday at Mariosarti, owned by Daniel Milos, whose family history in the drug trade was widely reported when his brother Peter was murdered in 2014.

Party supporters contacted organisers this week to query about the venue for the women’s breakfast, which will raise $12,000 for four female LNP candidates running in Brisbane seats.

The organisers alerted officials at the LNP state headquarters, who spoke with Bishop’s office before deciding the event would go ahead as planned.

Guardian Australia understands the LNP was told that Milos – who was sentenced to nine years in jail in 2000 as the ringleader in his family’s $10,000 a week heroin trafficking business – no longer owned the restaurant. However, the party has been provided with documents showing he remains the owner.

Guardian Live election special event with Lenore Taylor and Katharine Murphy
Read more
The restaurant’s liquor licence is held by Milos’s company Mariosarti Pty Ltd, according to documents held by the state Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation.

Milos is registered as a director, secretary and sole shareholder of Mariosarti Pty Ltd, according to documents held by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

It is understood Mariosarti was offered as a venue for the party function at no charge.

A man had been stabbed in the chest outside the restaurant last week.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah those dont look like low numbers. Except for Surf Coast. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

We're the first government in the world to give a blanket expungement and apology for anti-sodomy laws? :psyduck:

That's pretty surprising. It's also pretty disgusting when you think of the apology Turing got from the UK, that they didn't clear the records of everyone else with the conviction.

I kind of assumed this happened already. I'm gobsmacked that it hasnt.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A second Victorian police officer who was caught on camera kicking a (handcuffed, partially naked) woman in custody defends her actions before an anti-corruption inquiry, saying she was trying to "get her attention".

Leading Senior Constable Nicole Munro conceded she kicked the 51-year-old woman, who was later discovered to be a fellow police officer with the force's professional standards unit, but said it was not malicious.

"It was a case of trying to get her attention," Leading Senior Constable Munro told the Independent Broad-Based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC).

"[I was] trying to get her to calm down."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zenithe posted:

I heard this really interesting radio presentation awhile ago on Bacteriophages as an alternative to when antibiotics stop being effective. Convincing people to ingest viruses for their own good I imagine will be quite the task, but maybe not when people are dying from what was once commonly treatable illnesses.

I'd never eat bacteria no matter how healthy it is for me, that's just disgusting.

*jams more yogurt in my gob*

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Polls are turniiiiing

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Probably a turd?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I also put in my Citizenship application :toot:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey its been ages since I've at all felt at home in Malaysia and with poo poo like this happening:

KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Najib Razak's government threw its support in parliament this week behind an Islamic penal code that includes amputations and stoning, shocking some of his allies and stoking fears of further strains in the multi-ethnic country.

Critics believe the scandal-tainted prime minister is using 'hudud', the Islamic law, to shore up the backing of Muslim Malay voters and fend off attacks on his leadership ahead of critical by-elections next month and a general election in 2018.

The government on Thursday unexpectedly submitted to parliament a hudud bill that had been proposed by the Islamist group Parti Islam se-Malaysia's (PAS).

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ic/2824516.html

why not I thought.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well we'll see how quickly they get to processing the application.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh gently caress its that person that wrote as Helen Demidenko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So how long before Abbott's leader again?

• Locked thread