Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
vape meet melb 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
as mentioned before

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

ahh he's from my neck of the woods

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

boom boom boom posted:

I just learned from the Naur thread that you guys are apparently running a literal concentration camp? Like right now, Australia is shipping people off to a hell island prison to die?

part of a plan for a stronger economy

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Judging by the last line of that tweet I think Ricky's safe for another 12 months,

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Did anyone happen to catch all the debate between Greg Hunt & Mark Butler on National Press Club? I saw Mark's opening before getting called into a medical. WHat was the run down? I wanted to see Greg Hunt hang himself on TV

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/3921416/pressure-on-labor-for-repeal-of-protest-law/?cs=87

quote:

Bid to repeal anti-protest law this week

The state government has appealed to the Labor Party for bipartisanship to block a bill that would overturn contentious anti-protesting laws.

On Wednesday, parliament will debate the Workplace (Protection from Protestors) Repeal Bill, tabled by the Greens.

The original legislation prohibited protesting at any site, public or private, which may hinder access to a business premises or disrupt operations.

First passed in 2014, the law has been plagued by a lingering controversy which escalated in January this year after Dr Bob Brown and four others were arrested while protesting at a forestry coupe.

Braddon MHA Joan Rylah urged the Labor party to "break free from the curse of the Greens" when voting on the bill.

"This Wednesday, when the Greens bring on for debate their repeal bill of the Workplace Protection Laws, Labor needs to vote against the repeal bill and in support of our laws," she said.

But Opposition Leader Bryan Green was quick to reiterate Labor’s opposition to the laws during a Sunday morning press conference.

"We made it very clear that the protest laws were set up politically," Mr Green said.

"It was all about the politics of the issue, it was never about having sound legislation. There's already national legislation when it comes to trespass laws on workplaces."

Though he did not commit to voting for or against the repeal, Mr Green said his party "did not support the legislation in the first place."

Greens Leader Cassy O'Connor, who also fronted the media on Sunday, said her party hoped to overturn the laws they considered unfair.

"We think it's about time the Liberals and Labor recognise that these laws are a sham. They're draconian and they appear to be unworkable and they should vote for our repeal bill,” she said.

Following his arrest at Lapoinya, Dr Brown announced he would be challenging the anti-protest laws in the High Court.

Last Tuesday, Tasmania Police announced the charges against Dr Brown would be dropped after information was received suggesting he was located on a “business premise” but had been charged with entering a “business access area.”

However Dr Brown said his challenge would continue despite the fact that he is no longer fighting personal charges.

The following day, May 18, Minister for Forestry Peter Gutwein announced the Solicitor-General would seek to have the matter thrown out of the High Court.

The challenge to the laws will be presented to the High Court this Wednesday in Melbourne.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

If you really want to feel a fit of daily rage I highly recommend "liking" The Advocate's facebook page and reading the comments sections on any of their articles about mining, forestry, development, announcements of all the new Bunnings/McDonalds/Hungry Jacks that are exploding on the NW Coast of Tasmania. Get a good guage of the intelligect of the overall demographic of NW Tassie. It's entirely depressing but pretty hilarious.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Patriotism for $1

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Cartoon posted:

Judging from my experience with the IBAC and police brutality they will probably find Nicole acted reasonably, in the circumstances. If there were any grounds for criticism it was that the boot action was a little sloppy and unlikely to get the 'attention' of a real felon, while putting Nicole in serious danger of personal harm. Further firearms training to be undertaken by SC Munro. Next case!

look, if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear. stop disrespecting our boys and girls in blue black

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Fear not for it is all part of the governments strong strong jobs and growth for economic plan

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I got some work with AEC coming up doing all the polling booths.

I have to remain entirely neutral through the whole election.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Wicked Left Wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

quote:

I hate lnp but I hate islamists even more.Question is who's tougher on border security when ISIS has inbedded thousands of soliders and their families amoungst the syrian refugees.What's wrong with resettling christian refugees?You know the actual victims of islam.Im voting for Pauline Hanson,Jaquie lambie and ALA.

I'm voting on who I hate the most and damnit if it isnt brown people > lnp

• Locked thread