Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Submarines are the spaceships of the Ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/173236

haha wtf

Seriously what a wonderful trainwreck.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 1, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"Mon dieu, our plan to invade Australie has been revealed by Monsieur Bolt. Quickly Francoise, prepare the white flag of surrender!"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Everyone is missing the most important issue, how can we use these subs to stop the boats?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tonight's Four Corners will be on Housing availability and is a must watch.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Creator of Bitcoin digital cash reveals identity

Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright has publicly identified himself as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto.
His admission ends years of speculation about who came up with the original ideas underlying the digital cash system.
Mr Wright has provided technical proof to back up his claim using coins known to be owned by Bitcoin's creator.
Prominent members of the Bitcoin community and its core development team have also confirmed Mr Wright's claim.
Signed blocks
Mr Wright has revealed his identity to three media organisations - the BBC, the Economist and GQ.
At the meeting with the BBC, Mr Wright digitally signed messages using cryptographic keys created during the early days of Bitcoin's development. The keys are inextricably linked to blocks of bitcoins known to have been created or "mined" by Satoshi Nakamoto.
"These are the blocks used to send 10 bitcoins to Hal Finney in January [2009] as the first bitcoin transaction," said Mr Wright during his demonstration.
Renowned cryptographer Hal Finney was one of the engineers who helped turn Mr Wright's ideas into the Bitcoin protocol, he said.

"I was the main part of it, but other people helped me," he said.
Mr Wright said he planned to release information that would allow others to cryptographically verify that he is Satoshi Nakamoto.
Jon Matonis, an economist and one of the founding directors of the Bitcoin Foundation, said he was convinced that Mr Wright was who he claimed to be.
"During the London proof sessions, I had the opportunity to review the relevant data along three distinct lines: cryptographic, social, and technical," he said.
"It is my firm belief that Craig Wright satisfies all three categories."
'I want to work'
By going public, Mr Wright hopes to put an end to press speculation about the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto. The New Yorker, Fast Company, Newsweek and many other media organisations have all conducted long investigations seeking Bitcoin's creator and named many different people as candidates.
In December 2015, two magazines, Wired and Gizmodo, named Mr Wright as a candidate after receiving documents believed to be stolen from him that revealed his involvement with the project.
Soon after these stories were published, authorities in Australia raided the home of Mr Wright. The Australian Taxation Office said the raid was linked to a long-running investigation into tax payments rather than Bitcoin.

Questioned about this raid, Mr Wright said he was cooperating fully with the ATO.
"We have lawyers negotiating with them over how much I have to pay," he said.
The stories in December have led to many more journalists and others pursuing him and people he knows, he said.
"There are lots of stories out there that have been made up and I don't like it hurting those people I care about," he said. "I don't want any of them to be impacted by this."
"I have not done this because it is what I wanted. It's not because of my choice," he said, adding that he had no plans to become the figurehead for bitcoins.
"I really do not want to be the public face of anything," he said, expressing regret that he had been forced to reveal his identity.
"I would rather not do it," he said. "I want to work, I want to keep doing what I want to do. I don't want money. I don't want fame. I don't want adoration. I just want to be left alone."
Bitcoins are now accepted as payment for a vast variety of goods and services - everything from international money transfers to ransoms for data encrypted by computer viruses. There are currently about 15.5 million bitcoins in circulation. Each one is worth about $449 (£306).
Satoshi Nakamoto is believed to amassed about one million Bitcoins which would give him a net worth, if all were converted to cash, of about $450m.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36168863

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Watch out those Carp don't evolve....

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/727007711133474821

Julie Bishop is all like: is this nigga serious?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Zenithe posted:

What the actual gently caress is wrong with Barnaby.

National Party member.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Frogmanv2 posted:

Compare and contrast this to what has happened in Costa Rica.

Big Boss will fight Peace Walkers in the rainforests of Queensland?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I think he might have caught a bit of the Carp Herpes.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/727011926191001600

The carp herpes is spreading Mr Speaker.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Two million tonnes of :coolfish: CARRRP :coolfish:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Incidentally if anyone wants free sky news, You can download foxtel go and watch it for free. You'll have to pay to get the other channels though.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

or i could just poke myself directly in the eye

Peta Credlin, Andrew Bolt, Alan Jones, Peter Reith and Michael Kroger all on the same channel what more could you want?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:siren: A second asylum seeker has set herself on fire on Nauru :siren:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

Although he probably does like Nickelback, the boring sod that he is

Even the Queensland Police hate Nickelback.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How many of you are going to not preference Labor just to prove a point?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gorbash posted:

I don't have it, but in a similar vein back in the Abbott/Hockey years there was of course the Medicare co-payment, and I remember that the numbers around the average number of visits per year were based on some very dodgy assumptions. I think maybe Freudian Slip had done them? Does anyone remember that story, and maybe have a link to the post?

Spectacularly wrong

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-13/tony-shepherd-incorrect-doctor-visits/5436706

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Wow this episode of Four Corners just got wild.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

What are they looking at?

It's about negative gearing and property prices. They interviewed one of the Presenters of “The Business” (the ABC nightly Business program) said she examined her mortgage document and found that the bank had overstated her income.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone got masseffect.txt?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Captain Cook's Endeavour 'found' at bottom of US harbour

The ship used by Captain James Cook during his voyage to New Zealand may have been found on the bottom of the ocean floor in a US harbour.

The Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project (RIMAP) believes it may have discovered the HMS Endeavour in Newport Harbour, Rhode Island.

The ship, one of the most famous in naval history, was used by Captain Cook on his first voyage of discovery to Australia and New Zealand from 1769 to 1771.

The last sighting of the Endeavour was about 1778 when it was thought to have been sold and its name changed to Lord Sandwich, the Daily Mail reported.

The ship was then used to transport British soldiers during the American revolution.

Now, more than 230 years after it was sold, the ship may have been discovered along with 13 others during a massive archaeological investigation.

In a statement obtained by the Daily Mail, RIMAP, said they were 80 to 100 per cent sure the remains they had found belonged to the Endeavour.

"RIMAP has mapped nine archaeological sites of the 13 ships that were scuttled in Newport Harbour in 1778 during the American Revolution.

"One group of five ships included the Lord Sandwich transport, formerly Captain James Cook's Endeavour."

In 1998, historical documents hinting at the location of the ship were found by a scientist in a shipping archive.

The documents revealed the ship had been renames and scuttled in the US, the Daily Mail reported.

Then in 2014, RIMAP received backing from the Australian National Maritime Museum to investigate the theory further.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11632387

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

australia needs landmines to protect critical areas like

:shrug:

Queanbeyan

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm more interested in agenda 69 hehehe

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://stopturnbull.com/

I think I found LibertyCat's website, pure crazy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Come on, who is going to take Negligent's bait?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

If Newspoll reports 53 or 54 to the ALP then Turdball is heading into this election as a near underdog.

Not too late for a knifing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
RBA cut to 1.75%

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

the day the RBA drops rates to lowest ever levels because of deflation is probably not the right day to be worrying about bracket creep

Or wages going up 0.5% a year for that matter.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

Caaaaaaaarrrp

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
First Carrrpp on the moon

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

:siren: Boat spotted: siren:

Don't worry we have boat herpes now- CARRRRPP

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

katlington posted:

Video footage of Barnaby at CARRRPP hospital shows him clearly conscious as he paces up and down while screaming – with severe CARRPP apparent to his arms, legs, chest and back – while distressed friends plead for him to be given herpes.

A second clip shows doctors and nurses struggling to administer herpes, as Barnaby, still standing, continues to scream. People watching nearby are vomiting.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I was watching a replay of the 2015 leadership challenge and whenever Duttton was brought up as candidate for deputy leader someone would crack up.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You know what is going to be in the budget tonight??

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
C
A
A
A
R
R
R
P
P
P
P

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

what spot on the ticket did Sarah Hanson Young get? Is there any possibility we can get rid of her?

Could we infect her with carp herpes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Any CARRRPP related initiatives?

• Locked thread