Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Negligent posted:

It's ok for the police to lie

Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Where was the Bolt article on the USA deliberately sabotaging our Air Force with the F-35?

Endman
May 18, 2010

Negligent posted:

I only accept dogecoins

I mined a bunch of those and made about $16 moving them back and forth between other dumb nerd currencies.

It was an experience I'd describe as boring and pointless.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Pope on point

Endman
May 18, 2010

tithin posted:

Pope on Dutton

Pope is a national treasure

Endman
May 18, 2010

Attacking GPs will increase the load on hospitals (due to patients not visiting GP due to lack of bulk bill and letting preventable conditions worsen) and probably end up being a lot more expensive in the long term.

Endman
May 18, 2010

The public health sector should have known better and donated to the Liberal party :colbert:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Negligent posted:

what other beverages can we thank European settlement for

Bovril

Endman
May 18, 2010

Anidav posted:

There's that word again.

Bootstraps.

It makes me furious that people don't understand that term at all. Pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is an impossible act and the term is meant to imply that something is unreasonably difficult bordering on impossible.

Conservatives have no self awareness re: irony.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Brick Dust Otis posted:

Man if I was a journo I'd be hype as gently caress for a C130-J ride.

I've flown from Hobart to East Sale RAAF Base in a C130-J. It's noisy as gently caress, but holy poo poo it can lift off the tarmac fast.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Jesus Christ is this the foetal alcohol syndrome fan club or something?

Endman
May 18, 2010

RDN has always been bourgie garbage.

Unfortunately this got out right AFTER national conference where we could have tossed him to the wolves and elected a different leader.

Endman
May 18, 2010

The only people fit to run the Greens are Tasmanians because we're all too poor to have au pairs and all too illiterate to abuse industrial relations law.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

When I was <7 for I have no idea how long I had a nanny, or au pair, or live in baby-sitter or whatever word suits. I'm pretty sure she worked in exchange for board but who knows if there was other money changing hands. My mum was a single working mother, my dad died and mum worked in the public service so we weren't rich or upper class either. The girl who took care of me was from the country, so it suited her to stay with us in inner melb, and sometimes I would go stay with her family during kinder/school holidays. Having help in the house doesn't make him rich. Being rich makes him rich.

It either means he's rich or not paying them enough. Or, in this case, due to our lovely IR laws, both.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Negligent posted:

should have known when he wore a turtleneck in GQ

real greens wear flanno clothing made from stitched together goon bags

fruity lexia makes you sexier

Endman
May 18, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Maybe I'm part of the problem but I don't actually see what is wrong with exchanging board for wages, that is sum total greater than min wage per hour, for jobs where the workplace has accommodation. Like, if you had to live on a resort island/ski lodge/outdoor camp for work and you salary sacrificed or whatever your accommodations where the net result was a fair wage, because you would have spent that money on living expenses anyway, but the on-paper pay was less. It doesn't seem like exploitation to me unless the workplace is also otherwise exploitative, e.g. you're paid on an hourly basis but don't have set work hours so you're expected to be permanently on-call above and beyond the paid amount.

I think we're just at an impasse here, but there's a huge problem in my opinion. Au pairs live with the family in order to do their job, so you're effectively making the worker pay for their ability to work for you. It'd be like making an office worker pay for the installation of their office furniture.

Endman
May 18, 2010

turdbucket posted:

M8 I'd be down with this if you weren't currently electing nick loving McKim and PWW as your top two senate spots. Tassie needs to get its poo poo together.

Oh no, you get to keep them Federally so we don't have to have them down here. Kicking those two upstairs has done wonders for the state party's stupid-poo poo-per-second statistic.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Representative Democracy will always be about choosing lesser evils, and it's very difficult to sell that to an already disillusioned youth who would rather not bother.

You should still vote though.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

hahahaha Di Natale didn't even keep timesheets of his au pair's hours, but nah I'm sure we can trust that they weren't working more than 25 hours a week :laffo:

It's good to know that there's a viable alternative to the ALP when it comes to parties that shoot themselves in the feet with such wanton enthusiasm.

Endman
May 18, 2010

There's only one effective way of ensuring professional standards in Australia's police forces and we all know what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

Spudd posted:

So I have a dumbarse liberal friend who really likes having his head so far up his own arse that he likes to think he's a critical thinker and spouts poo poo like this

"In a country where our hospitality and retail sectors are doing it tough and could be employing more people and offering more hours, it makes logical sense to pay the same 150% penalty rate for Sunday hours that is offered on Saturday hours."

I can tell you already he has literally never worked a Sunday in his life and has rich parents.

• Locked thread