Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

our poll numbers seem to go down whenever we hint at loving over the poor and reducing taxes for the rich but maybe just stay the course and we'll win through sheer concentrated delusion

Hey, it worked for them last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

quote:

The Government will encourage the exploration of Blockchain technology, including through a study and pilot testing by the CSIRO’s Data61. We will also introduce changes to the GST to ensure that consumers are no longer double taxed when using digital currencies such as Bitcoin.

Finally!

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Brayds2006 posted:

Goodbye Clive Palmer! Goodbye! Goodbye Clive Palmer! Goodbye Clive! Goodbye!

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Liberal Party Recipe for Success:

1. Be born to rich parents
2. Get a well paying job

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
"Have you tried not being poor?"

- Constructive advice from Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Negligent posted:

A person of average intelligence gives no fucks about the difference between mean and median and would rather watch masterchef than stare at a graph purportedly showing how wrong something a politician said is

What about a person of median intelligence though?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Negligent posted:

My mum always taught us it's rude to ask people who they're voting for.

And you should probably shut up about being thin skinned considering you unironically get triggered by stuff people post.

die in a loving fire

I spend my weekends asking people who they're voting for.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Cleretic posted:

Shorten's actually pledging marriage equality? Within an actual timeframe?

I don't know who murdered Shorten and started wearing his skin, but if he holds to that come actual election time then he's got my support.

I thought he was just pledging a vote, which their MPs aren't bound to support yet?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Still better than a useless plebiscite though.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Doctor Spaceman posted:

In practical terms if the ALP wins government then SSM could almost certainly pass parliament; there are very, very few people left in the Labor caucus who don't support it.

That's cool. About time!

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

EvilElmo posted:

Yup. Either way, we should have marriage equality by the end of the year. One way will have a nasty public campaign, but will still result in a yes vote.

There'd be nothing binding about the plebiscite though.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Yeah, I'd expect the Greens to spend their money on advertising that has a targeted focus on their key demographics. TV is expensive, and it's my understanding that it's not particularly effective.

People powered voter contact is what the Greens do well at.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

open24hours posted:

Labor has been particularly sore over a supposed preference arrangement between the Greens and the Liberal Party in Victoria, in which Liberals would preference the Greens in seats the Greens are targeting, in return for the Greens running open tickets (rather than preference Labor) in some marginal suburban seats. 

Is there any basis to this other than the claims of Michael Danby, the dude who is preferring the Liberals above the Greens in his own electorate?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Negligent posted:

the greens are running a literal accelerationist against albo.

Jim Casey, who is running against Mr Albanese in the inner-city seat of Grayndler, made the comments in a video recorded in September 2014 and posted by the Greens Party on YouTube.

"I would prefer to see Tony Abbott returned as prime minister with a Labour movement that was growing, with an anti-war movement that was disrupting things in the streets, with a strong and vibrant women's movement, Indigenous movement, and a climate change movement that was actually starting to disrupt the production of coal," he said.

"I'd prefer to see Tony Abbott as prime minister in that environment, than Bill Shorten as prime minister without it."

Well Liberal policy has barely changed since Turnbull tool the reigns. At least with Abbot it was quite obvious how they were loving everyone over.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Anidav posted:

How long until the Liberal Government literally outsources everything to Telstra and Telstra becomes our government?

Telstra, Serco or Onmi Consumer Products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Kat Delacour posted:

I stand corrected, though I could've sworn Howard did it too, something to do with Christmas island.

The Howard government also changed how unemployment was counted, and then claimed credit for the falling unemployment rate.

• Locked thread