Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

gay picnic defence posted:

That's going to go down well I imagine

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

our poll numbers seem to go down whenever we hint at loving over the poor and reducing taxes for the rich but maybe just stay the course and we'll win through sheer concentrated delusion

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Mad Katter posted:

Hey, it worked for them last time.

Zenithe posted:

~aspirational voters~

Australia.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

QUACKTASTIC posted:

But think of the short-term savings!

neoliberalism.txt

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

I would literally torture children for political gain.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Mithranderp posted:

Regardless of $6,000 toasters, I hate the perpetuation of the 'trickle-down economics' myth. Cutting company taxes doesn't necessarily lead to more jobs--companies don't hire people just because they've got extra money, they hire people if there is more demand for their products and services.

Giving welfare recipients or lower-income earners even a modest increase in income will result in more demand for products and services because, funnily enough, poor people need to buy things. E.g. if I had an extra $20/fortnight I might be able to go to the hairdresser more than once a year, and on a large scale this would increase demand for hairdressers, and would lead to more jobs in hairdressing!

If someone on a higher income received $20 extra a fortnight, they might invest the extra money in shares or put it towards their mortgage, but it'd have little difference to their spending habits in general. Tax cuts for the rich don't stimulate the economy to the same scale that they do for the poor.

This cannot be stated enough. Welfare for low income earners is efficient economic stimulus.

Unfortunately the majority of Australians still believe that the Libs are the better economic managers, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

e: this, basically

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 10, 2016

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Easy enough to fix, just lower the minimum wage so that $4/hour is within legal limits.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

It's me, the guy hiding fat stacks in offshore bank accounts for entirely legitimate and proper reasons.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Dodgy refugee builders stealing YOUR unemployment benefits. Our investigation reveals that they're fat.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Snitches dig ditches, to lay copper cable (and fibre when able).

A poem by M. Turnbull

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

You Am I posted:

I guess the only pollie worth voting for now is Ricky Muir.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Greens! :argh:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

NEWSFLASH: I'm a migrant and I agree with Peter Dutton.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Anidav posted:

Telstra Health

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Spectacular.