Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

In this age of rapid transport everyone is our neighbour.
I think you'll find that container ships do not meet the criteria of "rapid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

EvilElmo posted:

Who would you prefer in Government? ALP or LNP?

I would prefer we put you against a wall but :shrug:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you would have happily voted for hitler

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

just admit you like that official ALP policy supports torturing asylum seekers until they kill themselves, dude

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

:agreed:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

LibertyCat posted:

Anything involving Agenda 21

dude, nice

LibertyCat posted:

With suitable R&D you could have minefields that could be remotely turned on and off via an encrypted radio link, minimizing the chance of civilian causalities after the conflict is over, but instantly denying enemy use of chokepoints.

:prepop:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

holy gently caress

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cartoon posted:

I have read plenty about China and the South China Sea. I have already agreed that China are being poo poo heads. I again ask you. Why do we have to choose between the US and China? And if we did...The US are absolutely worse on any metric than China (Iraq, Panama, Cuba, I could literally go on for pages) The US are all about shoot first and ask questions later. The US are using (And therefore magnifying) China's activities in the region (Which incidently is at least close to China) as a way to project their already considerable influence in the region. Call me paranoid but the US getting involved isn't likely to lead to hugs and puppies. China are poo poo heads, the US are poo poo lords by standing behind either one of them we are making our selves poo poo heads/lords by proxy. How about we don't and instead encourage dialogue through the available forums. A dialogue we can not honestly enter into while we are a proxy poo poo head/lord.

extremely lomarf

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it would be tragic imo if dutton was burnt alive

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ewe2 posted:

BBJoey is usually more insightful.

please do not mischaracterise my illustrious shitposting career

My main objection is to what I perceive (perhaps incorrectly) as a 'US are jerks so China should be allowed to be jerks as well' equivocation. US foreign policy is an utter nightmare and will become worse when Hillary is elected next year, but that doesn't mean every position they take is worthy of scorn by association. The Iranian negotiations, for example, were a huge success, and my (admittedly ill-informed) understanding of the South China Sea tensions is that the US is on the side of reason. There are definitely issues to be argued with tactics employed by the US on this issue but the strategy is fairly sound, I feel.

now look what you've made me done I've gone and effort posted, gently caress

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I can't comment about the likelihood of China getting its way because I don't know much about the current version environment, but I think the current strategy of putting up as much resistance as possible both diplomatically and militarily (in the form of free navigation excercises etc) is the best option available. The main objection I raise is that it's not the US trying to tell China what it can't do; it's regional nations telling China they won't stand for its retaliatory nationalism, with the backing of the US. The US is obviously driven by self-interest in this case but so is literally every nation involved, that's not so much a fault as the reality of geopolitics.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

anidav post a screenshot of your awful gambling habits

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Seagull posted:

you're
*checks notes*
wrong, actually

noice

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Negligent posted:

Oh and btw one time I got handed an envelope of cash but I totes gave it back

Yeah because he wanted a cheque

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Starshark posted:

I'm going to kill this government.

extremely same

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tasmania wins again

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Wheezle posted:

I hear Gamergate has some words to say about journalism. :downsowned:

mods

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if this isn't your result, you'll be up against the wall when the revolution comes.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I too attempt to argue that the market isn't perfect with someone literally named open24hours Jesus loving Christ you dolts

I am fairly sure that open24hours is a highly advanced markov chain bot

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

she disabled her twitter :ironicat:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hooman posted:

It's almost like being smeared and vilified sucks.. who knew, "The Australian", who knew!

all you have to do is drive a man to near suicide and the so called 'tolerant' left come out and say mean things to you on Twitter :qq:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

I saw Shorten bad mouthing Di Natalie earlier today and I just cannot fathom why.

alienating the left is a good way to shore up the ALP's base, which is ?????

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

reading comments about the greens is truly insightful

'The greens are just the LNP lite!! They keep voting for LNP bills!'
'Labor votes with the LNP 6 times as much as the greens'
'Exactly!! If the greens stop siding with the LNP I'll go back to Labor!!'

'The greens are crazy if they think Labor will enter a coalition with them again!!'
'What if a minority government is elected?'
'Well obviously the greens will have to enter a coalition with Labor!!'

these people are actually retarded

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

Because it's just funneling public money into private pockets.

buddy I have bad news about the entire neoliberal political agenda

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey posted:

buddy I have bad news about the entire neoliberal political agenda

lmao

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if your job is threatened by an illiterate refugee who can't speak English maybe you should work harder m8

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Snitches get stitches

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

So with all the LNP-GREEN PREFERENCE DEAL goings on, there's one thing that gets me: the LNP can preference the greens first in every seat if it thinks that'll give it a better result than otherwise, but that's no indication that a deal with the greens has actually been struck? As far as I can tell the only evidence a LNP-Green deal is being bargained is that THE GREENS VOTED WITH THE LNP TO CHANGE THE SENATE VOTING LAWS (the greens voted for a change they'd always supported, it's a scandal) and a "senior Labor negotiator" saying the Greens have taken Victoria off the table in ALP-Green negotiations. Am I missing some key piece of evidence here?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol come on dude

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Comstar posted:

So the NBN staffer is the head of their security who was brought in in November to STOP THE LEAKS. The Leaks continued and got worse.

how are they loving this up so bad

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I get extremely upset whenever someone brings up something that has :frogsiren: already been discussed :frogsiren: in this thread. If I painstakingly read through all 69 pages of shitposts everyone else should have to as well, imho.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if you say "nice meltdown" in front of a mirror 3 times amethyst shows up and posts 100 times before being probated

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

purity or death

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cartoon posted:

:psyboom: I mean aside from wearing a comically oversized T-Shirt that says "I'm a gently caress-up" what more can they do?

holy fuckin money

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what were their reasons?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I can't understand it because they live at a time when there is an extremely strong third party fighting from the left and at the very least they can get a democracy sausage out of it. Kids are retarded is what I'm saying

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

But I mean is that truism really all that applicable these days? Labor is still really poo poo on refugee policy and they're certainly not going to usher in full communism now, but this election they've announced some pretty hefty policies that differentiate them from the Libs; lifting the Medicare rebate freeze, negative gearing reform, schools funding, an emissions trading scheme - they're definitely a far cry from perfect but they're doing a pretty good job of differentiating themselves in my view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

Participating in a corrupt system only serves to legitimise it.

• Locked thread