Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Anidav posted:

Is Turnbull original movie Lex or Smallville Lex

Worse, insufferable Jesse Eisenberg Lex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Merry May Day everyone. The rich are in-season. Tucker up.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

LibertyCat posted:

Please forums poster Cartoon tell me more about being braindead and marrying a Thai or Filipino lady.

I believe it is considered a voluntary contract between two mutually benefitting partners, one getting sex and companionship and the other residency and eventually possible citizenship in Australia. This "trade" is the basis of all human action and furthermore demonstrates that if the economic migrants in our detention centres were actually the hardworking ambitious battlers, bleeding heart lefties paint them as, they too would have entered into sex bondage with a wealthy white man. That they didn't proves that they should fail the character test.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
You reckon Mal would try to position toy skulls behind him in all his pressers if he could get away with it?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Do the skulls have negatively-geared properties?

I don't know, where could I look up Warren Truss' property portfolio?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Frogmanv2 posted:

Why do you last names for males but first names for females?

Dehumanises men so they're easier to inter In Mal's Opinion.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Negligent posted:

Anything anyone posts on social media must be the literal truth.

Negligent is an idiot. :smug:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Maybe having a second leash on Australian ambitions for war would be a good thing? :shrug:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
High court even recently said marriages marriages of convenience were just as valid as any other marriage, so you're completely in the clear if you go that route.

e:Woops federal court.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 2, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Have you been together long enough to be de facto?

https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/35relationship

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 2, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Les Affaires posted:

Does the bridging visa grant working rights in the meantime?

E: just saw the edit, yeah laws have changed a bit in the last six years what with various political parties and all. :(

Serrath posted:

Yes it grants all rights of perm residence. It's a visa in lieu of PR

Not entirely true. It looks like it depends on what restrictions are already on your visa. But even if the bridging visa restricts your working rights, you an apply for that to be changed if you can show financial hardship.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/010-

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I remember the US delayed a few weapons shipments to Israel during the 2014 Gaza invasion. I would have thought it pretty commonplace when you were sending a message you weren't supportive of the military action.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

quote:

DON’T let Barnaby Joyce fool you. He might have convinced many he is a clumsy backwoods chump but he most certainly isn’t.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

LibertyCat posted:

and as I keep saying, we're being taken for fools and should just back out of the Refugee convention. This isn't WW2.

So these other countries should be made to take them while not being party to the convention, and we should pull out of the convention...so that we don't have to take them?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

LibertyCat posted:

Other countries should not be able to put their fingers in their ears and go "you signed that bit of paper, you take em, we're just gonna let them travel through our borders and there's nothing you can do nyah nyah nyah"

Why? We signed the bit of paper because we thought that refugees should be protected.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

LibertyCat posted:

Anything involving Agenda 21

Over-reached.

e:I can't imagine why someone would pretend to be dumb in the hopes that someone else thinks they're stupid when they're only pretending, but I'll console myself with the hope that's what's happened and you're not actually this hosed in the head.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 2, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
My brother said when he was in Bosnia you could tell which abandoned houses you'd be safe from landmines to squat in, because there would be graffiti on the inside.

What are some suggestions for how we could tell which abandoned houses in Australia would be free from landmines? I think a really nice glass bong that's been dropped and smashed.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 2, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
If Australia was invaded wouldn't our property market crash?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Seagull posted:

how many more numbered agendas can we get to scare libertarians, i love them

As many as there are multiples of 3.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Doesn't calling something a freedom of navigation exercise sort of defeat the purpose of a freedom of navigation exercise?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

BCR posted:

It makes the Chinese look bad if something happens to the ship that loudly and clearly announced what its doing, peacefully and in international waters.

It also is a visible sign of support for non Chinese govts

Right, but wouldn't you be better off not provoking the reaction and hoping they either let it go through without issue, or interfere anyway at which point you are acting from a stronger position to criticise them?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Negligent posted:

Essential asked "for future purchases investors can only claim tax deductions for investments in newly built homes"

36 approve 38 disapprove.

24 said it would cause prices to fall, 31 to rise at a slower rate, 13 no change.

A majority thinking it will negatively affect house prices is not good for BS (he will never be prime minister)

26 neither know, approve or disapprove? That seems like it could only be a good thing for the ALP.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Can't even edit the audio properly, it has an abrupt cut whenever Sharten speaks.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Uni fee deregulation now deader than herpes infected CCAARRP.

But it'll just keep coming back.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Do we know if these kids going to be stripped of worker's compensation for injuries a la the Green Army too?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
FDR implemented Make-Work projects, I'm sure you lefties would have been in favour of the New Deal at the time :smug:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

LibertyCat posted:

Raising Newstart does not mean "fiddly office poo poo" will get done.

Yeah, they might even have to hire someone to do that job! I think you might be onto something.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Tokamak posted:

Negligent has been melting down more than usual lately. Maybe this means that Bill Shorten is going to become prime minister.

He feels threatened by the new worst poster. I hope LibertyCat undergoes the same transformation as Graic and Negligent can reclaim the title.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Negligent posted:

this was a v good night really

got a tax cut

dole bludgers are getting put back into the workforce

labor have no answers except "we will support this policy"

bill shorten's odds of prime minister are still zero to nil

I have them at 3.30:1 actually.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

EvilElmo posted:

I've said it before, but if anyone ever asks why oppositions don't release policy before an election, this is why.

If it's good, the Government will attack it relentlessly to try and damage the opposition for coming up with poo poo ideas.

Then roll around to election time, they'll take it as their own.

If it's bad, the Government will attack it relentlessly to try and damage the opposition for coming up with poo poo ideas.

I can't believe you're not even a ~change from within~ Labor type, you literally love their lovely small target neoliberal strategies.

:sad:

^What a great filter.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

EvilElmo posted:

You can do a lot more in Government than you can in opposition. As a Greens voter you're probably not aware of that.

If the ALP give the LNP a bunch of policies for them to win an election on, then they water them down, don't deliver or fund them in the long term, we end up with a bunch of tax cuts and no new services and existing services are under resourced.

Or we can wait until an election campaign and release our policies. Would this budget have looked the same if the ALP didn't release any policy? Would they have gone for a tobacco increase? I don't think so. Their strategy was to copy a bunch of Labor policy negating the Labor attack on this budget. If they had to come up with their own "moderate, election winning budget" I don't think they could have pulled it off.

Further proof ACT best.

But Labor usually steal Liberal policies and water them down. When they're in government they're too scared of losing government to do anything, when they're in opposition they're too scared of not winning government to do anything. It's not a strategy, it's just reaction.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Yes.

e: Except it's really not that wrong. If the extent the Libs have stolen policy from Labor is being used as the baseline for it, then Labor steal and back Liberal policy to a far greater extent than the reverse.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 3, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Didn't Hockey say the same thing about education and was mauled for it? Why the gently caress would Turnbull think that was a good thing to say? :psyduck:

Bill Shorten is going to be PM.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Paul Kaaaaaarp.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
https://twitter.com/braddybb/status/727636373637734400

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I want a Daily Telegraph ScoMo tazo so bad now.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

EvilElmo posted:

Unlike the posters here, I will actually answer the question. I would vote Green if the ALP vanished tomorrow.

God you're such a fuckhead. No one here's a tree tory.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Because it's a stupid question. You're building into the scenario that Liberal lite policy is the only way to win government for the ALP.

e: As you've just said, even a rusted on Labor voter like yourself would switch to the Greens if the ALP were to disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

EvilElmo posted:

Agree on the last part.

The Greens have been trying to change perceptions, yet 20% of your own voter base want the current arrangements or something tougher. Not even your full base agree. If you can't even get Green voters on side, it's going to be a very difficult battle, over many years, dedicated to only changing minds in marginal seats for it not to be an election issue.

All the hard work on a positive campaign, where the Government is only talking about this single issue over the life of a Parliament is impossible. Other issues will come up and a scare campaign by the Liberals will scrap any progress. It happened after Rudd got rid of the pacific solution.

Remind us again who scrapped all that progress because they were scared they'd lose government?

• Locked thread