Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Which of these WRs would you rather have than Chris Thompson: JJ Nelson, Rishard Matthews, or SSS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

No Procises available in my league, so is Cam Meredith worth burning #1 waiver priority over?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Azhais posted:

People that do rankings are terrified of change

Yeah this is a great point. ECR has made me super nervous about starting dudes like Tyrell Williams or Tyreek Hill from week to week because they are so slow to adjust their rankings. Meanwhile a shitlord like Todd Gurley continued to poo poo up my RB1 spot and maintain an ECR of like 10-14 despite averaging low-end RB2 numbers for the entirety of the season.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Anyone else a little bit concerned about Julio this week? I don't really understand why everyone is downplaying a turf toe injury for a wide-receiver who has been hobbled by foot problems in the past. I know it's grade 1 or whatever the most minor variation is, but still. If he practices Thursday and Friday I basically have to start him, but I'm going to be leery about it no matter what.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

RBX posted:

I sat him last minute and started Stafford thanks to the thread scaring me.

Same, benched him for Dalton. So that's one bullet dodged, but I'm not super comfortable with what the Red Rifle's packing either.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Benne posted:

I remember one week when Sleeperbot's top sleeper target of the week was ... Antonio Brown

Wow hot tip guys

If you can get over the use of the term sleeper, those weekly reports actually have some pretty useful info. In particular I like the missed air yards stat for WRs. Going back to AB84 as top sleeper pick though, are you sure you weren't looking at target leaders or something? The sleeper report lists sleeper criteria as "Players who ranked below the top 120 and vastly outperformed projections" so I can't see AB84 ever actually fitting there unless it was a mistake.

Anyway, I like seeing the alerts from sleeperbot but I pretty much never open the app itself. The community is super annoying and every new alert post gets drowned in 1500 people simultaneously commenting with "lulz" or "noooooo" before it devolves into completely unrelated sit or start questions. That being said, sleeperbot has opened my eyes to how delayed FBG's email alerts are and I am pretty over FBG's content this year as it is. I'll probably pass on paying for FBG next year and just rely on Rotoworld and maybe a 4for4 sub.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 14, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I'm still in the playoffs in three of my leagues, and projected to get blown the gently caress out in every one of them.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

dphi posted:

Zeke's coming for you, friend.

But really, being projected to blow out my opponent has typically been the kiss of death for my team so you've got a good chance. Just happy to make it to the playoffs this time around.

Stranger things have happened, but I don't think your Zeke and Shady have much to worry about from my dynamic RB1/RB2 punch of TY Montgomery and TJ Yeldon :negative:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Really? It's still 100% collusion to purposely exploit the rules in concert with other teams. The fact that the rules make collusion easier doesn't lessen that fact.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 15, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

VietCampo posted:

Sup Powell and Reek buddy, let's let them carry both of us to the finals.

I am also attending this most hilarious of parties.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

In the money in 3/4 of my leagues and the only league I didn't make the playoffs in was the one where no money was on the line. :feelsgood:

That being said, I'm not feeling too good about either of my championship match-ups. I have a sneaking suspicion that Julio is going to be the deciding factor in each. I hope he plays and throws down 30 but it seems equally if not more likely that he plays as a decoy.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article121870803.html

This doesn't say too much, but my guess is that Jerry is too up his own rear end to rest Zeke, especially considering that Dickerson's record is in reach.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

A guy in my friends league auto drafts every year as a good luck charm. He's active and competitive (made the finals this year) but never drafts his own team. Still not sure how I feel about it, but I can't argue with the results.

Considering how few of the players I draft are actually still on the roster by playoff time every year, I can't fault this approach.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

12 team league, $75 buy in. Payouts are:
1st - 300
2nd - 225
3rd - 150
4th - 75

Does that seem weird to anyone else?

Well for starters, your prize pool is missing $150, so I assume you play on CBS? If not, that's definitely weird.

Other than that, seems fine if not a little too evenly distributed. As a rule of thumb I like first place to be at least double second place, but that's just personal opinion. If that were my league it's be more like:

1st - 400
2nd - 175
3rd - 100
4th - 75

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Epi Lepi posted:

I think(hope) Bortles can get his poo poo figured out with better coaching. 2015 will probably be the best Bort2ARob will ever be, but I think next year will be better that this year.

Apparently Bortles was also playing with a sprain to his AC joint and tendinitis in his wrist for over half the season, which could explain why his mechanics went to complete poo poo. This doesn't really address the sneaking suspicion I have that he is probably just bad at football, but at least there's some additional hope on top of the coaching changes.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Sataere posted:

Dude, not watching games is the least stressful way to play fantasy football.

Yeah, this season I was on vacation in Jamaica during the Championship game with spotty wifi and zero cell service and it was actually pretty great. Once I came to terms with the fact that I wouldn't be able to watch any games or refresh my scores very often at all, it felt good to let fate be what it would be. And also, yeah I won so that helped a lot.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

BonoMan posted:

hahah packers are going to loving lose anyway so it's not like it matters

This is the Strange But True answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Everybody Ertz... sometimes.

Geno Smith to the Giants...like, why?

• Locked thread