Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I think you're agreeing with each other. Pick sixes are not "scores against the defense".

To clarify, in default Yahoo scoring, the defense is not penalized when the opposing defense scores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Does anyone play any of the public money leagues? I won 1/2 Yahoo Pro leagues last year but the format sucks (10-team standard). FFPC looks interesting, but $1750 is wayyyyyy out of my budget. Their $350 looks pretty cool too but more realistically I would maybe do their $77 league. Then there's Apex and Masters... I don't know where to go. I just want something in the $50-100 range that has 12 teams. Any thoughts on those three sites? Seems like they'd be full of sharks.

Alternatively, any goon leagues still have an opening?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Can we discuss who to draft late when planning to stream QB or DST (TE also I guess)? This is something it's hard to find takes on, and I don't pay enough attention to know matchups going into week 1. If a good season-long option falls I'll take it but I need my emergency streaming picks.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

OxySnake posted:

Edit: Also check out yhe fantasyfootballers podcast. They usually do a show where they list 3ish QBs to stream that week if thats your strategy.

I'm still catching up. Did they do this for week 1 already? Lots of people give streaming picks in-season, it just seems that week 1 is often overlooked. Granted, it's harder to predict, but in general I think early season strength of schedule could be taken into account more when drafting. If I had the time to really pore over my own rankings, I'd bump up someone at any position who may be a likely sell high candidate in say week 4.

I like the Carr suggestion. Stafford too.

Defense picks are a little easier since as a relatively casual fantasy player I have a better sense of opposing offenses than I do of opposing defenses. Targetting CLE and SF makes the most sense, and they play PHI and LA first, respectively. So I'm putting them on my watch list.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I've been getting emails from Fanduel and/or DraftKings (I forget) about a new league option that sounds pretty similar to that. I haven't checked it out.

Edit: here you go: https://www.fanduel.com/friends

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Holy crap I'm doing a Yahoo Pro Auction league and my tab crashes. I'm gone for less than a minute and when I get back I have Brandin Cooks for $43 and Carlos Hyde for $20. Out of $200. How bad is that?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Woodhead is ahead of Christine Michael for PPR, right? Maybe even Ware for the beginning of the season. Speaking of Ware, does Charles not starting mean that he's not playing at all?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Just got some more Tyrell Williams hype from Sleeperbot. Drop Torrey Smith/Bilal Powell, Marcus Wheaton, or Kevin White (3 different leagues) for him? I still like all those guys, even Torrey Smith (probably the one I'd drop first), so idk how high to rank these week 1 waiver wire pickups.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Fair enough. I just meant in addition to what else I've been hearing about him such as from Forever_Peace.

I really should have phrased it as a general question. Everyone's talking about waiver pickups, but besides the obvious injured players, who are you dropping? I still like the late-round guys I thought were undervalued a week ago. But I didn't watch all the games and may have missed something in the usage patterns. Is there anyone that's clearly dropped or seems much less likely to pan out? Not necessarily of the guys I listed.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 14, 2016

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Thanks. Adding the rotoworld drop list to my weekly reads. Didn't know about that one.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Holy crap someone paid $75/200 FAAB for Tyrell Williams. Guess that was all a moot point (I bid $10). First time with FAAB; maybe $10 was conservative but no way was I outspending this guy.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

So what are the chances Julian Edelman gets QB points next week?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Giving up a backup any QB for a top 10 WR is murder.

fixed

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Got my first interesting trade offer. Full PPR, 2RB 3WR 1FLEX, deep benches (Apex).

I give:

- Amari Cooper
- Vincent Jackson
- Dexter McCluster

I get:

- Rob Gronkowski
- Matt Asiata
- Cole Beasley

My roster
code:
QB ATL  Matt Ryan
QB OAK  Derek Carr

RB  NYJ  Matt Forte
RB  NO   Mark Ingram
RB  DET  Theo Riddick
RB  NYJ  Bilal Powell
RB  CAR  Cameron Artis-Payne
RB  SD   Dexter McCluster
RB  MIA  Kenyan Drake

WR  ATL  Julio Jones
WR  OAK  Amari Cooper
WR  ARI  Larry Fitzgerald
WR  NO   Willie Snead
WR  TB   Vincent Jackson
WR  SF   Torrey Smith

TE  IND  Dwayne Allen
I'm extremely happy with my team but I am leaving points on my bench. Getting Gronk is tempting. This trade would lead me to put Riddick from the bench into flex, so essentially I'd be benching Allen for Gronk, and trading Cooper to start Riddick in his place.The other 4 scrubs in this trade I'm indifferent about.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 22, 2016

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Sataere posted:

MASH. You are trading Cooper and two garbage players for Gronk and two garbage players

Thanks for the confirmation. Writing up the post convinced me to accept before I even saw your post.

Anyone know how Apex Leagues (which use MFL for their platform) handle trades? Should I expect this to go through in the next few hours?

Edit: and another trade offer just came in. My Ingram for their Watkins. I'm down on both but leaning no. However, having just traded away Cooper I do like the idea of losing a RB and gaining a WR. But I just don't know if Watkins will ever be 100%.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Am I crazy to offer Ingram and Fitz for AB and one of (Ivory, Dwayne Washington, Vereen)?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I figured the jump from scrub RB --> Ingram is about the same as from Fitz --> AB but I guess not.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Okay, fair enough. But just for the record, it wasn't a 2-for-1 that I offered (or posted).

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Oops I suck at Fantasy Football. Didn't plan ahead for Snead being out and didn't realize that Apex leagues don't allow you to pickup anyone after 1pm on Sunday, regardless of their own kickoff time. Here's hoping Ryan + Julio + Ingram get 56 points. Not a bad shot considering PPR, but still, if I could add Tamme I'd feel a lot better.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Who do I drop to take Delanie Walker out of my IR spot?

John Brown? Duke? Ryan Mathews? There's no good answer.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

YES just traded Diggs and Marvin for A.J. Green. And I didn't have to ask the thread before mashing. Aren't you proud, thread?

(this was good, right? :ohdear:)

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

God drat I hate 10-team leagues, and kickers. Who do I drop to pick up a kicker (standard):

I'm considering dropping Rivers and just rolling with an injured Wilson. Or drop Wilson?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

coronaball posted:

I think Hurns is OK to drop in a 10 teamer, he hasn't done much at all and is a tier below all your other bench receivers. I'd be scared to drop Rivers and have my opponent add him and use him against me.

pubic works project posted:

And to the other guy, drop Hurns.

Hurns is probably the right call, but I did just notice Russell Wilson has his bye next week. Dropping him is tempting.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Oh man I didn't even consider what value I could get for Stafford from people who overvalue QBs. Sending out some offers... (obv. this is a different league than the one I just posted about)

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Damien Williams starting tonight for the Dolphins.

In deep bench leagues where I'm already holding Kenyan Drake, would you swap him for Williams or just pick up someone else entirely? E.g. in one league I could pick up Dion Lewis, Lance Dunbar, or Kenjon Barner.

None of them are anywhere near my starting roster but you gotta play the game of collecting RBs who get touches.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

axelord posted:

Decker has a partially torn rotator cuff and won't play this week

Anyone know how bad a partially torn rotator cuff is? Should we expect to miss multiple weeks?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Half-PPR, drop Bilal Powell for Dorsett? Both would be long-term stashes. My bench is overflowing with RB stashes that I wouldn't be happy about playing (propably starting McKinnon and Sims this week, with Latavius, Ryan Mathews, Tevin Coleman, and Duke Johnson on the bench). My WR bench is just Eric Decker with Hopkins in my flex spot. So, I think dropping an RB for a WR is the right move, and Dorsett shouldn't be a FA, but I can't bring myself to drop any of my backs. I wouldn't be surprised if Powell ends up starting for me eventually. Maybe I should drop Duke? Would Duke become a top option if Crowell went down in the same way that Tevin Coleman might with Devonta? Or is Duke an eternal RB3? If he has potential, maybe drop Mathews then?

I hate dropping players.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 5, 2016

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

With Latavius ruled out, should I drop someone to play Riddick or Sims instead? Standard 10-team.

I'm thinking of giving up on Eifert but there doesn't seem to be much clarity on how bad this new injury is.

And yes, if you're asking, I am kicking myself for not starting Fitz. Especially after yesterday's report on Edelman.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Benne posted:

Riddick is completely useless outside of PPR leagues

Moreso than Gio though?

axelord posted:

Sims maybe out too.

Crap no wonder people are picking up Jacquiz. Does he have any long-term potential? In particular more than Kenyan Drake who I'm ready to ditch in my deep-bench league? Edit: just looked him up and he's a veteran so I'm guessing no.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 7, 2016

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

drat that's the second week I forgot that in Apex leagues I can't pick up Monday night players between Sunday kickoff and Monday kickoff. Guess I'm stuck with a 0 in QB. Thanks Obama.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Ugh every single week all my injured players go to Questionable from Tuesday until Saturday and I have to drop an extra player in order to make waiver claims. Is this a Yahoo thing or just bad luck?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

I think you're talking about players being officially ruled out. They shouldn't have an "out" designation for the week until they're made official, ya know? Fleaflicker does the same.

Edit: If anything, "out" players shouldn't be allowed in the IR spot for this reason imo. IR spot should be for long term injuries, hence the name. Allowing "out" players just lets you do this game time decision juggle.

Good point. That would make sense to me. As is, the IR position is really just annoying.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

This is the first week I'm home Sunday morning. Can anyone recommend a Sunday livestream/Periscope/whatever? Only one I know if is Mike Wright but I'd prefer something more DFS-focused.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I'm down by 1 with my Bilal Powell against his Chandler Catanzaro. Half-PPR. I have a pretty good chance, right? I could also start Floyd but I think Powell gives me the better chance.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I picked up Dion Lewis and Corey Coleman two weeks ago in a deep bench league and I'm happy about it. I wouldn't have started anyone else, although I have shuffled Ajayi on and off my team a couple times (currently off).

Also, lost in one league by just over a point and won in another by just over a point. Bringing me to 4-2 in all four leagues.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Half-PPR, both Dwayne Washington and Devontae Booker are available (Washington as FA, Booker clears waivers tomorrow morning). Which is a better flyer? I've got a bunch of RB3s (Mathews, Murray, Duke,Powell) but if I could luck out into an RB2 it would really help. I'm currently starting McKinnon and Coleman. I'd be dropping either Sammie Coates or more likely Michael Floyd.

So, is it Washington or Booker, or both? Drop Floyd or Coates?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

SurgicalOntologist posted:

YES just traded Diggs and Marvin for A.J. Green. And I didn't have to ask the thread before mashing. Aren't you proud, thread?

(this was good, right? :ohdear:)

Update: the league is convinced that I'm some kind of wizard and I hoodwinked our commissioner for A.J. Green. This was a month ago and league chat in the Yahoo app is still people bitching about it.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Any time Matt Harmon posts Next Gen Stats I just get jealous that I can't access that data. :( So much more that could be done...

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Isn't air yards something we CAN access in nfldb? Haven't done my Air Raid project yet so I haven't looked around much.

Yeah, air yards is available. I'm talking about going beyond just distances or top speeds. I would try to come up with metrics for evaluating cuts and jukes, metrics for offensive/defensive lines in terms of pocket size/shape, gap sizes, etc., evaluating whether the QB missed any open reads, metrics for man coverage success, etc. I would probably need to team up with someone with more on-the-field knowledge of football but there's a lot of potential here to merge the worlds of the statheads and the film grinders by automating the things that film grinders say they're looking at.

I'm doing something similar for soccer at the moment (I'm the data guy, others have to tell me what to look for) and it's a lot of fun.

It's possible that some of the teams are doing more in-depth analysis than air yards and top speeds but maybe not. These things happen slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740414

• Locked thread