Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
In again for a slow draft.

The gambling addict in me would like to put a $10 entry fee on the slow draft. Or we could have a free one and a $10 one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Unless the Jags drastically un-retard themselves and give Yeldon goal-line carries, his upside will be limited. I mean poo poo, they gave Shoelace and Gerhart like a billion goal-line carries last year.

They went and got Chris Ivory, so I don't think they've un-retarded themselves.

Giving Ivory goal line carries would be exponentially less mad than giving them to a useless Gerhart or a gadget player, though.

Which reminded me of this!

1-1-BUF 1
(7:29) JAC 93 reports eligible 21-T.Gerhart right guard to BUF 1 for no gain (53-N.Bradham).
2-1-BUF 1
(6:51) 21-T.Gerhart right guard to BUF 1 for no gain (52-P.Brown).
3-1-BUF 1
(6:17) 21-T.Gerhart left guard to BUF 1 for no gain (98-A.Carrington).
4-1-BUF 1
(5:37) 21-T.Gerhart right tackle to BUF 1 for no gain (30-B.Rambo).

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The problem with trying to get Gostkowski is that unless you play with all sharps, you have the "I must fill out my starting lineup before I draft my bench" people, and they will always take Gostkowski first in like round 9 or 10 while we would still be looking for extra WR or RB depth in that round.

Same thing with trying to get the Seattle or SF defense 2, 3, 4 years ago.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

At least with this injury we don't have to have a 3 month-long argument about whether he's worthy of keeping on the end of your roster.

Didn't someone here say he was going to be the OBJ of 2015?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

He could stream Bridgewater (home vs. NYG) or maybe even the 49ers QB (home vs. Cowboys) during GB's Week 4 bye and the difference would likely be negligible from Smith. Then he could drop that QB for something useful.

Oh God I'm looking at matchups already on June 17th :psyduck:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I renewed the Goon Money League and posted a new thread for this year. We usually have 3-4 people drop out from year to year, so feel free to grab a spot on the waitlist if you're interested!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782301&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post461787137

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

"this rookie receiver hasn't proven anything in the NFL, how dare you draft him before a guy who just had his worst season in his career and a total question mark at QB?"

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Coleman's QB situation is not a plus, but his ability, opportunity, and coaching staff are. I like the rest of the article and agree with the point that you shouldn't avoid Smith because LOLNiners, I just thought the line about DGB and Coleman was odd. There's plenty to like about those guys too. I'd rather use Snead or Marvin Jones as examples of players who probably shouldn't be drafted before Smith.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

I'm having a hard time ranking Jeremy Hill right now. He was great in 2014 and kinda garbage last year, but still had 11 touchdowns. The running game lost Hue Jackson, but at the same time Gio has decisively proven that he's a COP flex back at best.

The volume and goal line touches should be there, but which version of Hill will show up? I'm legitimately torn.

There were multiple games where Bernard either out-snapped or was fairly even with Hill, even after Dalton got hurt and they were trying to hide McCarron.

He seems like the type that you would be unhappy if he's your RB2 but you would probably be OK with him being your RB3/Flex. And he takes a heavy downgrade in PPR since he catches no passes

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I drew the 1.01 pick in a standard league. Is taking Gurley over Antonio Brown:

A. a matter of personal preference
B. Bad
C. crazy

or somewhere between A&B or B&C?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I forgot we get 1 pt/30 return yards, that kind of seals the deal assuming AB is still on punt returns.

I'm just from the old school, not taking the RB1 at 1.01 in standard feels weird. But it looks like this is the year that it becomes commonplace.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Convinced the commish in the league where I have the 1.01 pick to add 0.5 PPR this year.

Antonio Brown + 0.5 PPR + return yards = :)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

dxt posted:

Is there a way on yahoo to change the waiver type after the draft? We were going to switch to FAAB, but the commish didn't try until after the draft and now it won't let him.

"" posted:

From your league's homepage:

Click Commissioner.
Click Edit League Settings.
Next to "Waiver Rule," select one of the options listed in the Waiver types table below.
Click Submit.

Doesn't say anything about not being able to do it post-draft or not.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

Please rate my team:

Qb- Phillip rivers
RB- shady McCoy
RB- Frank gore
WR- Antonio brown
WR- Keenan Allen
FLEX: Mike Evans
TE: Zach ertz
D/ST:
K:

B- Darren sproles
B- cj spiller
B- Karlos Williams
B- Rishard Mathews
B- Chris Johnson
B- Pierre garçon
B- Christine Michael
B- spencer ware

I love it. Sproles and Spiller are the drops for a D and K, but do that can be done later.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

jadebullet posted:

Here is the team that I drafted. Hopefully there is something to work with here. Like I said, this is my first year participating in a league, so any tips or anything like that are greatly appreciated. It is a PPR league with reception providing .5 points.

Drew Brees (QB)
Joe Flacco  (QB)

Devonta Freeman (RB)
LeSean McCoy (RB)
Duke Johnson Jr  (RB)
Darron Sproles (RB)

Amari Cooper (WR)
Emmanuel Sanders (WR)
Michael Crabtree (WR)
Dorial Green-Beckham (WR)
Bruce Ellington (WR)

Coby Fleener (TE)
Jason Witten (TE)
Dwayne Allen (TE)

D'Quell Jackson (LB)

Raiders (D/ST)

Roberto Aguayo(K)

The lineup rules are:
QB: 1
RB: 2
WR: 2
FLEX: 1
TE: 1
Defensive Player Utility (DP): 1
D/ST: 1
K: 1
Bench: 7
Injury Reserve: 1

This is pretty average IMO. You should never draft more than 1 TE, much less 3 of them. I'd drop Witten for one of the sleeper RBs or WR mentioned on the last two pages. Same for DGB, he has zero chance of early season relevance after being traded. You probably didn't need a backup QB since you have Brees, but Brees has an early bye and Flacco plays the Redskins during Brees' bye so I'd just hold him at this point.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

jadebullet posted:

These are the settings you are looking for, correct? Im using the ESPN app so some things seem more limited than the desktop site. Unfortunately I just moved and Comcast hosed up my Internet move so I am forced to do everything on mobile until they can send a truck out in a week.

Acquisitions
Lineup changes: lock at game start
Player Aquisition System: Free Agent Auction
Season Aquisition limit: no limit
Waiver Period: 2 days
Waiver Order: Reverts each week to inverse order of standings.

Trade Limit: no limit

This means you have a budget of like $100-200, and you bid on what free agents you want based on how much demand you think they'll be in.. For example, if Adrian Peterson tears his ACL in Week 1, after Week 1 you would want to bid a huge amount of your budget on Jerick Mckinnon , his direct backup. If you're switching your 4th receiver for a different 4th receiver, you would bid less, like $1-2, or simply wait until Wednesday and add the new player for $0.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Can we get a link to the Beersheets in the OP like we had last year, now that draft season is nigh?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I just joined a 2 TE league. What, if anything, should I change about draft strategy? I usually stream TE's but I dunno if I want to end up with 2 Charles Clay-level players.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

This is a 404 for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/su32uski2xjywn2/AAAIdn5WORacU-BTlTCqjz3Ea?dl=0

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm having a hard time filling the last spot for the (original) Goon Money League. $30 buyin, auction draft on 9/1, standard scoring with 0.5 PPR, 12 teams. Reply in this thread or PM me if interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782301

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Someone wanna mirror the latest BeerSheets they have? I have a 12 team draft tonight and any sort of cheat sheet would be A+.

If this doesn't happen I'm going to try to draft an "All-Off the field issues" team.

I have a printed copy of last weeks 12 team 0.5 PPR 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 WRT sheet. But the font is so small I'm not sure I can take a legible photo

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Best I can do with my phone. This has 6 Pt passing TDs. I cropped out the kickers and defense because gently caress it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

I'm worried about some of the names you have circled like you're serious about taking them.

Those are my wife's inane picks from Saturday. Not sure what purpose Tannehill or Jordan Howard serve.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I don't mind Tannehill as part of a QB committee, but I don't see the point of owning him when she has an every - week starter like Wilson already.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ryan's play seems like it should make OBJ the locked in 1.02 just as Brown is the 1.01.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

add Dak in all 2 QB leagues immediately

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Do that.

Dak Prescott probably not worth drafting, right? Not blown away by his preseason work and Dallas wants to run it anyway.

If that preseason did not blow you away, what on earth would? Yes it's just preseason, but it's the only information we have.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Sataere posted:

First draft of the year. 12 man 0PPR. I had pick 12/12. How did I do?

QB -- Derek Carr
RB -- Jamaal Charles
RB -- Lamar Miller
WR -- Jeremy Maclin
WR -- Donte Moncrief
FLEX -- Carlos Hyde
TE -- Jared Cook
BN-- Kelvin Benjamin
BN-- Melvin Gordan
BN-- D. Jackson
BN-- M. Crabtree
BN-- M. Jones
BN-- M. Stafford
Kicker/Def -- who cares

I think I probably need to get another RB, just to be safe, but I think I grabbed so much value, I don't know who I would drop. Thoughts?

Keep as-is and hope Jones or Gordon become fantasy-serviceable players.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is there a secret to getting yahoo's draft thing to run better than poo poo?

It seems worse than this year, freezing and such. I had a draft on Saturday and probably half the people has to close and rejoin at some point.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I've been getting Dwayne Allen in like the 11-14th in 12-teamers and with no Fleener to siphon targets, I feel like that's plenty fine for a TE. I'd probably take Walker and Fleener over Kelce also, but I wouldn't touch any of them at their ADP as is. Kelce in the 8th is a good pick, but if TEs are going that late, Allen is probably going undrafted and I can't imagine wanting to pass on whatever QB or RB/WR depth that are around to take any TE when there's bound to be that kind of value available for pennies.

I also punt TE's and have ended up with Allen twice, but I'm concerned that the Colts line is so bad that he might be doing more blocking than we had presumed when we drafted him.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

In my league with people I know who aren't too savvy, Gordon went 10.4 in a 10 man league. In my 12 man Goon league he went 6.6. Interpret that as you may.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Miko posted:

I had Rodgers and Brees, I can keep either for a 1st rounder (they were my top two picks last year)

Now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like i should, over Eifert.

Holy poo poo don't keep a TE when you could keep Rodgers in a 2 QB 6 pt TD league.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

terre packet posted:

I know the very basics about football and practically nothing about fantasy. I'm joining a local league with a friend and they're doing their draft tomorrow at a local sports bar. I read the OP and it's a little overwhelming: is there anything I absolutely need to know before I show up tomorrow and start drafting?

Draft your defense in the 2nd to last round and your kicker in the last round
Know whether you have PPR or not, a 4th round player can be a 6th round player in standard (and vice versa)
Know whether passing TDs are worth 4 or 6 points, that makes a big difference as to when you should select a QB.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I am trying to help my poor friend who was forced to join his in-law's league with these hosed up settings:

QB: 0.5 for completions, 3 point PaTD, -1 for sacks

Rushing: 0.5 PPR, 6 point rushing TD, 10 yards per point

Receiving: 0.5 PPR, 3 point receiving TD, 20 yards per point

and stupid bonuses for each as well

It's too late for a custom Beersheet for this mess, and I don't know a site where I can input such bizarre settings. The best advice I could give him was that his first 4 picks should probably be some combo of a QB and 3 RB. Anybody have any other insight?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

RCarr posted:

The Rawls owner wants Christine Michael from me. I'm not sure what to offer, as I just scooped him off waivers earlier today. Any thoughts on possible trades I could include him in?

My team:
http://tinypic.com/r/23vcpqp/9

His team:
http://imgur.com/a/klVLT

I'd make him sweat until later in the week or wait until after Week 1 in case Rawls is limited. Then you'll have more leverage.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Sure I can but waivers don't process until next week.

That is terrible and you should petition your commissioner to fix it before the season starts.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

If Watkins really is out for a significant period of time, maybe Charles Clay is an answer for 0TE people.

Or maybe that idea is just as good as my Clive Walford, Martellus Bennett, and Jared Cook ideas.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

My zero RB team has left me flush at WR, with several RB2-types that will be a nightmare to predict who to start each week.

The Charles owner in my league just lost Keenan Allen, and currently has Crabtree as his WR1. He's open to trading Charles for Maclin, but isn't quite there yet - I'm thinking about adding one of my RBs on top to sweeten the deal before he gets any other offers. And no, he doesn't have Ware, unfortunately.

Who should I add of the following RBs for my counter offer? 12 team, .5 PPR league.

M. Gordon
Hill
Gore
Crowell

My team:
QB: Carr
RB: Gordon, Hill, Crowell, Gore, McKinnon, Sproles
WR: AJG, Evans, Maclin, DJax, Diggs, Marvin Jones
TE: Ertz

You want to trade multiple useful players for an injured player whose backup put up 200 yards yesterday?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

So you're saying I shouldn't try to buy low on a Hall of Fame RB who, despite an injury to start the season, still has a strong shot at being an RB1 by sending my Flex/replacement level players?

Charles' most likely outcome is a timeshare unless Ware's play falls off a cliff or he gets injured himself. It's not buying low when you give away an RB2/flex and a WR2 for him, you're giving up too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ninja Bob posted:

.5 PPR, I'm being offered:

Rob Gronkowski
Zach Miller
Markus Wheaton

for my:

Devonta Freeman.

My other RBs are Lamar Miller, Jeremy Langford, Giovani Bernard, Tevin Coleman, Javorius Allen and good ol' Bobby Turbin. My TE is Gary Barnidge.

I'm god awful at evaluating trades, but... I do this, right?

Insta-accept. Shitcan Turbin to make a spot for Wheaton. Zach Miller is likely worse than any player on your roster so I'd simply leave him out completely.

• Locked thread