Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DrProsek posted:

Full disclosure: I like the X-Men a lot, especially the ones with the weirder mutations. Eye lazers is pretty straightforward, Wolverine isn't really complicated he just has a giant list of mutations, but guys like Maggot are cool cause they have a power that seems useless, can be really useful if used creatively, and just have a lot of weirdness to how they work.

Have you read Morrison's New X-Men?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Are any of the original team liked here? Bobby? Warren?

I enjoyed Bendis' kid versions.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Millar might be making his best work now, though.
Huck was really sweet.

Got high hopes for his Greg Capullo comic.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 5, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Zachack posted:

I think Hickman's overall output has improved quite a bit, although I've heard Manhattan Projects has gone downhill.

I dunno who's been saying that. The problem's been frequency, not quality.

For Soule, I think he was WAY stronger in his period working for both companies a couple of years ago.
e: Maybe WAY is a bit much. Letter 44 and Inhumans are still good, but Daredevil and Star Wars comics sure haven't grabed me like She-Hulk, Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 5, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Look for sales at Comixology. They're both Amazon now and tie-in, I think, but that's the dedicated comics storefront https://www.comixology.com/

Or get on Marvel Unlimited, which is much more versatile. For a subscription, read what you want if it's older than six months. You could read all of Brubaker's Captain America there for much cheaper than you'd ever pay for collections.
No idea how good the Kindle app is, if that's what you've got.

e: and subscribe to the Digital Comics thread :D
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611527&pagenumber=1

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 6, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DrProsek posted:

On the one hand, I get giving people free FCBD copies of Suicide Squad to promote the Suicide Squad film that's coming up. On the other, I still don't get why it's the #1 for Suicide Squad Vol 4 (aka the really good one /s) instead of New Suicide Squad, which is at least the first issue of the current ongoing series.

It should have been the recent April Fools issue, which is a done-in-one and ties to the upcoming series. It's much more family friendly too...

... until the end where that's revealed to be brainwashing ala A Clockwork Orange, but with some stealthy parental guidance, it's just a cute comic.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 7, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Only complaints I got were two different small kids telling me that Batman doesn't smile,

If only the next Batman was out yesterday:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

GMo kicks off his first issue of Heavy Metal with an oil painting of himself and freeverse gibberish.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Jesus is that Santa comic of his a piece is poo poo.

No way. Klaus is great.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm looking forward to it. Unlike everything else in the HB range, it doesn't seem to have interesting creatives on the surface (unlike Prez's Mark Russell on Flintstones), but it's got a Mad Max: Fury Road production designer working on it. Could be the right kind of bad idea.

The Johnny Quest comic starts this week and looks so perfect for Jeff Parker, Doc Shaner and Jordie Bellaire. I'm pumped.

Anyone wanna follow the comics in their own thread, outside of DCs? You probably wouldn't have to navigate around posts about Red Hood.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 12, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

To be fair there's no source-faithful interpretation of Wacky Races that would've made me at all even vaguely interested in the product

That show had racing teams of cavemen, vampires and mobsters. How hard to impress are you?

e: Look at this god damned thing.

If it ain't this week's best comic I'll eat a hat every meal for the rest of my life.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 13, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That wonderful movie was pretty faithful :D

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 13, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

I expect pictures of you eating your hat next week

Technically, any food item could become a hat.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh man. I was just about the recommend the Comixology Darwyn Cooke sale, but it just wrapped up.
Bad timing.

e: Oop. Still there. Just not on the main page.
https://www.comixology.com/Darwyn-Cooke-Sale/page/10679?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9tb2JpbGUvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

His Solo comic is on there.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 13, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd love for those variant covers to be collected in a coffee table book.

He made his own perfect tribute image for the cover to his recent art book.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 14, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Well, that progressed fast. :smith:

The RIP messages from his friends were retracted. We don't know he's passed yet, unless there's something new.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He teaches class in 1984.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's really starting from one kid who just comes in with old rear end 80s and 90s comics. She was reading Crisis on Infinite Earths yesterday. And then they spread to the rest of the kids when she's done reading it.

:patriot:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 17, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

We're discussing it in the DC thread.

Surprisingly, we've already come to accept the choice of comic sans.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He acted in that Ducktails videogame just a year or two ago, right?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They missed a couple people.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

PenguinKnight posted:

DC blew their big controversy by choosing something that's nearly impenetrable to non-nerds.

The Watchmen movie probably made more of a general cultural impact than everything that's happened in comics since, combined.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Powder, dude!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Depends. Can you have fun with stupid movies?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The artist dropped out of an upcoming Hit Girl series and Mark Millar is asking for submissions on a plain ol' blog post.
It is so weird seeing a pile of decently experienced people sell themselves in a comment section.
http://forums.millarworld.tv/t/would-you-like-10-000-plus-royalties-an-issue-to-draw-hit-girl/5976

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

sporklift posted:

Man. Lotta good art. Hell of a payday for whoever gets it. Kinda surprised there weren't really terrible ones or just trolls but I didn't look to long...

Scroll down. About half is funny amateur stuff.

I'm sure whoever gets picked will have contacted him privately rather than taken their chance in the pile of comments.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Would the larger forums be too disrupted if we got a filter on the word 'Jason'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Squizzle posted:

If no one else steps forward, I nominate Teenage Fansub to hastily throw a new chat thread OP together.

Nah.

• Locked thread