Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: 30 minutes warning! :siren:

As of this post you have about 30 minutes left to get your completion post in!

Technically I guess you could make an oath now and do some extreme speed painting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Impaler posted:

I thought I had it on American Samoa (I used the link in the first post)!

Yours is fine, I think krushgroove was talking about a different oath.

And with that June is finished! feel free to start oathing for July!

Now is a good time for everyone to double check their points etc. for June in the spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=12

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pash posted:

The Terrain painting challenge someone posted is this month also, right?

Yup, it is. I'll let Germ post the full details but iirc it's a similar 'raffle ticket entry' system I used for Monster May-Hem, with extra entries for an 'epic' amount of terrain and for writing rules.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for July 2016:

One Temple of Skulls (GW)
The contents of the Worldsmith Industries Kickstarter (minus Objectives which I already painted in Season 5), which includes:
3 sets of walls: Stone, Reinforced & Crumbling
1 set of Barrels and Crates
2 Swamps: Large & Small
2 Lakes: Large & Small
4 Area Terrain Bases: Size 3, 4, 5a and 5b
1 set of Gravestones
29 Area Terrain 'Inserts': 5 Large Rocky Outcroppings, 5 Crystal Outcroppings, 7 Tree Stumps (Actual Trees may or may not be added), 3 Landmines, 6 Rocky Slabs, 3 Plain (I may or may not add stuff to these later)

I hope the pics are OK, it was a pain taking them! The full sized ones on Imgur should show the date but if not I took a close up.

Likely more to come once I get this lot done!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Korwen posted:

What are the rules about claiming a monthly bonus (like Summer’s here! Time to relax...) after you've posted an oath complete post? It never dawned on me the 3 of the models I painted are almost completely nude (albeit demons)

What moths said. Maybe link to your completion post, but don't modify it.

Achievement and Jurnal points only really affect the Grand Prizes at the end of the season so generally they're ok to retroactively claim.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

A quick heads up, I've been nerding it up and learning about Conditional Formatting on the Spreadsheet. Amongst other things it should easily allow us to identity completions and Oath Breakers each month - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=1 - if your name is Green you have completed an Oath, and if it's red you made one but didn't finish it. Please let me know if you spot any errors!

Similarly Judge names in the header will be in red until Judgement has been passed.

Sadly the formatting system is kinda wonky so I'll need to go back and make changes if we get a lot of entrants this season.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

For the challenge, can we paint the water or does it need to be one of those water effects? Also, would a crack at swampwater be acceptable, or does it need to be brighter, happier water?

Any of this (painting, swamps, etc.) is fine by me, though it's really up to krushgroove and the Judges :)

Red Shoe posted:

For July I oath: A Battle Boar, a Splatter Boar, 6 Morats, and 16 Damaged Urban tiles!
The boars are Privateer Press, Morats are Corvus Belli, and the tiles are from Secret Weapon miniatures.

Hopefully this photo works, I was hard pressed to fit both the oath contents and the timestamp in the same shot.

It's good, I can make out the time and date OK. And yeah, big oaths are a bitch to photo, which is why my Oath's like a gallery this month :D

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheFinalTuba posted:

Hey was just poking through the spreadsheet and noticed in the quarterly prize, under the May Oath column, I have an N there. Was wondering if this was a mistake or if there was a requirement to qualify that I missed? Thanks for letting me know

Here's a quote of my May complete post, just in case!

Good spot, it looks like for some reason the formula in that cell was checking the wrong info. This has been corrected, I'll have a look around and see if there are any other errors.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Southern Heel posted:

I, Southern heel, do vow to paint this unit of Dwarf Berserkers and Dwarf Lord

It'll probably be accepted anyway, but you haven't stated how many Dwarfs are in the unit, or the manufacturer & scale. I'm guessing Avatars of War due to the guy on the left?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Southern Heel posted:

You're quite right - Avatars of War Dwarf Berserkers. There are 20 in the box but will be scenic based on two 100mm x 40mm regiment bases - so more than MMC (i.e. 12) but as I haven't got them stuck down I can't give a top end figure. All will be painted, I don't know if all will be on the base.

Don't blame you for using slightly undersized units, those guys aren't designed well as a unit and are a pain to rank up. I only got around it by designing the unit as a whole and putting dudes around the edges and 'cheating' with the mandatory 1 in 4 great weapons:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Southern Heel posted:

I'm sorry I'm really no good at this am I :) I will edit the post. do I need to have a piece of paper in the photo, or is a watermark enough?

This is a good example of an Oath Completion, for reference:

Luebbi posted:

Oath Complete

Claiming Life's a beach!

The important parts are:

* The Oath Complete text
* List of jurnals and achievements being claimed
* Clear pic with username on it

If you'd added WIP pics or Speed painting in other posts, you'd need to include those (or at least links) in the completion post too.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Welp, I finished painting up all that terrain and there's still a week left this month, guess it's time for an Oath Addition!

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for July 2016:
One Reaper Bones Cthulhu

Also there's a preview of some of the terrain in the background I guess.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Area Terrain Bases and flat inserts - the stumps are deliberately left bare while I try settle on which trees I want to mount on them

Great Cthulhu! Ia! Ia! Ia! These pics don't show it too well but I'm pretty happy at the green to purple blend on his face tentacles

Swamps and Lakes

Temple of Skulls

Walls, Crates and Gravestones

Big rocks and candy-red Bloodstones, this was achieved via multiple layers of GW Blood for the Blood God over a silver base

Claiming Jurnal for Great Cthulhu and the water features, b]WIP Photos[/b] for the crates, and Backstory for the Bloodstones intro (see below):

Step 1: Basecoat in Army Painter Leather Brown, not worrying too much about getting it thoroughly in all the cracks etc.

Step 2: Some crates picked out in different browns, including Army Painter Monster Brown, P3 Gun Corps Brown and P3 Bloodtracker.

Step 3: Metal banding picked out in GW Boltgun Metal. Some areas painted up in assorted colours to add visual interest, and I busted out my collection of ancient waterslide transfers for logos. I imagine these to be the colours and logos of the provinces shipping their items out.

Step 4: Finished off with heavy washes of Army Painter Strong Tone to shade and pull everything together.

Also I'm entering Would July-ke to paint some Terrain, My Lord? - hopefully the amount of terrain qualifies as Epic. Also doing Picture Time and Rules Lawyer below.

The Bloodstones
There are some places of the world which act as magic hotspots. Maybe the leylines intersect, maybe it's the site of an ancient wizard's tower, or maybe some unspeakable rites were performed there, who knows? But what is known is that over time this magic solidifies beneath the surface of the world, erupting forth as giant crystals known as Bloodstones for their bright red colouring. Wizards can tap into the power of these stones to boost their spellcasting, but must be cautious as there is always the risk of feedback! Still, to many wizards the risk is worth it as great feats can be performed this way. Over time, the magic within the crystals gets used up or leeches away and the crystals disappear, meaning there is often a great rush to capture these sites as they are discovered.

Kings of War - A wizard within a field of Bloodstones doubles the number of dice they roll when casting Fireball, Lightning Bolt or Wind Blast spells. Roll these bonus dice separately (or use a different colour) - every one which misses the Wizard's target is instead applied as a hit against the wizard! If this results in damage then a nerve test will be required as if the target unit was shooting the wizard. In the case of Wind Blast, treat the wizard as being hit by their target to work out the direction of travel.
Dragon Rampant - A wizard (including wizardlings) within a field of Bloodstones must re-roll a failed activation test when casting a spell. If this re-roll also fails, the wizard loses one point of strength for every point they failed the test by. This will cause a courage check as normal.

Picture time: From a recent Dragon Rampant game in my garage of doom.

My Dogs of War (lower left) were hired to transport a sacred relic from it's resting place to a holy site for a ritual (off the top right corner). My opponent's (largely unpainted) swarthy Arabs caught wind of this and staged an ambush to steal the relic! The first couple of turns may mostly spent by the Dogs manoeuvring themselves to face the ambushing force, with the Halfling Scouts and Gunners on the left, Militia and Knights on the right, while the Pikes move up the middle to safeguard Rutger with the relic. Meanwhile the Arabian Sorceror on the right plinks away at the Knights with his fireballs, felling one, while the riders and spearmen position themselves to try and outflank us.

The Halflings shoot at the light riders to the north, taking one down and causing some panic. The spearmen move around the swamp to try and intercept the pikes, while the gunners fail to achieve anything. A combined attack from the knights and militia manage to rout the enemy spearmen on the right flank, however the militia get scared and break (they will continue to rout for 5 more turns before rallying). Sensing the battle slipping away from him, the Sorceror unveils his trump card! Uttering the magic words, 'Djinn'll Fix It', he summons a mighty Genie to intercept Rutger as he tries sneaking through the Bloodstones!

Alas, it is not to be. With a combination of brave resolve, mighty swordplay and the gunners finally pulling their fingers out and shooting something, the Genie is dispatched. The pikemen manage to mop up the enemy spearmen, though in the process get scared and retreat themseles, while the Halflings finish off the light horsemen. The Sorceror vents his frustrations by fireballing the remaining knights to death, but ultimately can only look on forlornly as Rutger hands off the relic to the Halflings to transport, with promises of eleventh and twelfth breakfasts to keep them loyal to the end. A concentrated volley from the gunners scares off the Sorceror, and the Dogs complete their mission to rapturous applause and pints all around.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Electric Hobo posted:

Wildly off topic for this thread, but how do you like Dragon Rampant? I'm working on a couple of armies for it, but I don't really know if it'll be worth it.

I find it pretty fun, albeit it can be rather swingy. You've definitely got to go into it with a chill attitude and be OK with the fact that some games you'll do nothing but fail your first activation roll several turns in a row, and in other games you'll roll stupid good and your lovely scouts will destroy units of elites without breaking a sweat.

Loving those boats and sea serpent BTW, that game's gonna look kicking rad once you've finished it all.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Takuan posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming Box Art

I don't see no Copycat Killer in there. Remember you need to make a single completion post for all your oaths in a month!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ilor posted:

I should probably have my head examined for starting something with only 2 days to go, but it's time for an Oath Addition!!!

I, Ilor, do Oath this homemade oasis terrain for the month of July!

I don't think the required drying time for water effects will allow me to get credit for speed painting, but I've already got the base colors roughed in, as you can see in my WIP photo:

OK, just don't forget to include your original Oath in the completion post.

eskimaux posted:

This is my first foray into the world of the Oath Thread, but here goes:

I, eskimaux, do Oath this Privateer Press Winter Guard Infantryman for the month of July

Welcome onboard!

wdarkk posted:

Doing an oath addition for July: 4 Scourge Monitors (Dropzone Commander, 10mm, white metal, Hawk Wargames)

Claiming speed paint (since I plan to have them done by tonight) and life's a beach since they're piloted by jellyfish.

OK, don't forget to remind me you're claiming those in the completion post :)

Uroboros posted:

Oath Complete

Will submit a better picture Wednesday night as I am on vacation, but just wanted to get proof here.

Base is finished, just needs glued...

No primary pic yet, but in the first picture it is to the right of the Dread, and in the second it has the green center orb.

I suspect krush will allow this anyways, but don't forget to put your name on the pics to earn your points.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: 25 hours remaining! Best get painting and taking pics folks! :siren:

Endman posted:

I won't be able to complete my oath this month; my can of primer ran out and I can't get another until Wednesday, which will be in August. But here are the miniatures I did manage to get done:

I had a lot of fun painting these guys, and I'm looking forward to next month!

Those guys are looking great!

What colour are you priming? From experience, GW plastics can generally be hand-primed with black or white fairly well without much risk of the paint scratching or coming off later.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

plaz posted:

Oath complete

Looking good but get some names on those completion pics to get credit ;)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: OK folks, 13 hours remain for your Oath Completions! (and last minute Oaths too I guess) :siren:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Okay, the spreadsheet is now up to date, please be sure to go check it's correct. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=14

Also as it's the end of the third month, we'll be doing first quarter prizes soon (I think) and people should start getting 'Apprentice' achievements if you've done all three months!

Only a handful of Oathbreakers this time around, may you wear your red names in shame (in the spreadsheet anyway)!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK I think the reported mistakes have been fixed now. Hopefully Google Sheets saved the edits this time :doh:

For future reference, when reporting omissions could people please link to completion posts and state what's missing, took me a while to realise that Scowny's issue was the missing Speed Painting from June :)

Re prizes, grats to all the winners! Though one suggestion I would make is to do the drawings about a week into the next month in case any omissions etc. affect the numbers (I'm not sure if they have this time) so I have a chance to make corrections.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And with that said...

CommissarRed posted:

I, CommissarRed, oath these 4 Gnoll dudes from Northstar for the month of August!

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath Dr. Arkadius, 6 Farrow Bone Grinders, and 2 Razor Boars, all from Privateer Press' Minions faction for the month of August.

Irate Tree posted:

:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs: I, Irate Tree, Oath One Young Male Traveling Mage, from Dark Sword Miniatures, for the month of August :shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:

I believe he's 32mm true scale?

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 5 Invictus Suzerians for August (Forgeworld, 28mm)

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, Oath 6 Isorian Phase Troopers and an Isorian Support Weapon team, and 3 Ghar Assault suits and 3 Battle suits, all from Warlord's Gates of Antares range, all in 28mm.

Lets get some Gates of Antares forces painted.

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint the Fire Giant, Thor, Loki and Frigga in August. Still Blood Rage, still by CMoN.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Empire Wizard, five Black Knights, three Canine Remains and ten Skeleton Warriors. Everything is 28mm GW, except Canine Remains are Wyrd Miniatures bizarro scale (32mm I presume)

Grey Hunter posted:

I grey Hunter Oath the following - 25 US Infantry, 3 US Field Guns, 15 Lobotron Slicers and 15 Lobotron Blasters - all 15mm by the now defunct Alien Dungeon, but soon to be relaunched by Iornclad games, so now I'm all confused.

JackMack posted:

I, JackMack, oath five Scavengers by Copplestone Castings

jubelio posted:

I, Jubelio, oath to paint this Privateer Press Menoth Vanquisher

Korwen posted:

I, Korwen, oath 10 Idrian Skirmishers with Unit Attachment (12 models total) and a Vigilant Light Warjack, all by Privateer Press

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Privateer Press stuff for August:
1 Titan Cannoneer (50mm)
5 Ferox (well, the Ferox riders mounted on GW Dark Elf Cold Ones) (50mm)
1 Paingiver Master Tormentor (30mm)

Endman posted:

Haha, whoops. I should have remembered that.

Here you go:

Arson Fire posted:

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint an Ablobination, Scowl, and Grin, in the month of August (Zombicide Black Plague, CMON, 28mm)

Scowl is great fun in zombicide. Last time I played, the other heroes were all doing their best to get him killed. Being batman, he didn't kill a single zombie all game. Just ran around grabbing items for his utility belt and swooping off into the night.
Somehow they still won. A perfect score for team batman.

glitchkrieg posted:

I, Glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Fanatics for the month of August!

Uroboros posted:

My bad.

I, UROBOROS, oath 10 tactical marines.

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Alchemist's Guild "Smoke" from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball.

Between two shows I'm doing, I basically don't exist for the month of August haha. So going for a light oath in an effort not to drive myself crazy with my one free night a week.

GoodBee posted:

I, GoodBee, oath three Reaper Fire Wizards.

I was going to just do one but I may never get around to painting the other two if I don't oath them all. Plus I couldn't decide.

INinja132 posted:

I, INinja132, oath to paint one Puma Armoured Car (28mm) from Warlord Games

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I oath to rescue this blue wizard dude from Reaper Bones in 28mm

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I, forums user tallkidwithglasses, oath to paint this here warshrine from eBay, originally from GW this month

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of August 2 Privateer Press Firefly light jacks.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one Privateer Press Warmachine Mercenaries Rover Heavy Warjack for August

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath five (5) AWI Continental Infantry for August. 28mm. Perry Brothers.

All approved! (I think I got them all but if your oath is missing let me know)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

If it helps, there's a list of them https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=14

:downs:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

It's not a hazing for the new guy if you offer to do it for him!

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of August

4 Hexagonal containers, 2 Hexagonal half-containers, 1 Microwave Array, 1 Lightning Cannon, 1 Control Room kit, and 1 Planetary Gate kit by Underground Lasers (28mm)

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath 6 Frostgrave Treasure Tokens (North Star Figures) for the month of August

Approved! Though for future oaths, please ensure the American Samoa title is visible, glitchkrieg :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeast posted:

I, Yeast, Oath to paint for the month of August, a Forge World Night Lords Contemptor Dreadnought

Approved!

glitchkrieg posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming I rolled a 6! as they're treasure markers for Frostgrave, and Speed Painting:

Your Oath's not complete, you also Oathed 2 Fanatics :colbert: - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=70764#post462793980

Remember, it's one completion post for everything you do in the month :)

glitchkrieg posted:

Can you only claim each achievement once? I might stop the WIP so I can do it with something more interesting.

Technically you can claim each achievement every month, but you'll only get credit and the point for the first time :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for the Month of August 8 dwarf Shieldbreakers by Mantic

I'm using 8-figure troops in KoW terms. Which means after this batch I only have 12 more troops to do by November... plus war machines.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath three Malifaux models from Wyrd Games. Left to right is Iggy (Neverborn), Master Queeg (Guild), and Brutal Emissary (Guild).

(I trust the flash has not obscured enough of the datestamp, bad lighting in here).

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of August a Wyrd Games Malifaux Mechanical Rider

I've glued some sprue to the rider so I can have something to hold while painting; normally I just blu-tack the base onto an old paint pot, but I'm painting her seperately from the horse so I can try to get into all the details.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, oath for August 12 Legion of Everblight Swordsmen!

I stupidly forgot to take the picture before applying the foundation for the rock bases, but I seem to recall that bases don't count as part of the miniature, so I hope the oath will get accepted... would be very annoying if these ten minutes of painting would invalidate my oath :(

No problem with the bases as far as I'm concerned.

Red Shoe posted:

August oath: A Mountain King
Privateer Press

This is my It's a Rescue!, I airbrushed the base layers some time ago then it sat in my closet while I worked on other projects... until now.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath for August: Four Abyssals and one Efreet, for Mantic's Dungeon Saga boardgame

I think everything is legible, but let me know if there's a problem, obvs

All approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

Can I (ab)use It's a Rescue to overpaint prepainted minis without bothering to prime them?

Hmm... I think that's somewhat abusing the intention of the achievement, the point is to pick up something you abandoned a while back.

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!

... 8 more Shieldbreakers. The last batch were done quickly enough I'll be claiming speed painting :-)

Endman posted:

Oath Addition!

Two more Footsore Miniatures Late Romans!

cyberia posted:

I, cyberia, oath for the Month of August 3 Dungeon Saga minis (human, elf, and dwarf) and 8 assorted Dungeon Critters, all by Mantic

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint... TRUFFLES! Guild Ball Butchers Mascot

There'll be more to oath later in the month, I just haven't gotten around to making the bastarding things yet.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath the following models for August: (1) Boar Demon and (1) Minotaur Demon Lord! Both 28mm Reaper Bones.

The minotaur has been converted slightly with a pair of wings from a GW Daemon Prince. (I thought he'd look more impressive that way.) Here's the "before" pic.

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Addition! Three Wyrd Games Malifaux Fire Gamin

I assembled and based these years ago, so the greenstuff work is embarrassing. But, they're made of fire, so great for this month's theme!

Galaspar posted:

For August I, Galaspar, oath three space marines (GW 28mm)

Endman posted:

Declaring another Oath Addition!

This Late Roman Officer from Footsore Miniatures:

LordAba posted:

I, LordAba, oath 3 pyrovores (games workshop) for August.

Accepted!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

I'd like to claim #SquadGoals for these boyos.

You'd like to, but you can't :P

(you already claimed it for your crossbowmans http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=22#post462485435)

Luebbi posted:

Oath Addition!

Adding two Skorne Void Spirits and Kovaas!

Arson Fire posted:

Oath addition!
6 greed abominations, a greed controller, and an avatar of greed (28mm, CMON)

Accepted!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, oath six bases of Razorworms for August (Hawk Wargames, 10mm, white metal).

These guys aren't really going to get anything special done to them, the real deal will be the oath additions. Exactly what will be added will be decided soon.

Accepted!

Yeast posted:

OATH COMPLETE

This guy's looking great, I'm loving the dusty weathering especially

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for August 2016:
14 Goblins, 5 Spear Chukkas, 1 Squig Catapult, 28mm by GW
1 Rock Elemental, 28mm by Reaper
1 Fire Elemental, 28mm by Oathsworn Miniatures
1 MDF Orc Idol plus base, 28mm by Moroz Publishing (this was a freebie from their Dice Tower KS)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for August 2016:
14 Goblins, 5 Spear Chukkas, 1 Squig Catapult, 28mm by GW
1 Rock Elemental, 28mm by Reaper
1 Fire Elemental, 28mm by Oathsworn Miniatures
1 MDF Orc Idol plus base, 28mm by Moroz Publishing (this was a freebie from their Dice Tower KS)

Chance II posted:

I, Chance II, Oath 1 Nomads Bandit and 1 Combined Oznat in 28mm from Corvus Belli for the month of August!

Approved!

I know I don't strictly need to approve my own one, but it's for sake of completeness :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan, Do Hearby Solemnly Oath for August 4 Goblinses and Mind Eater by Reaper

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! 4 Fusiliers and a Squalos.
Corvus Belli

Arson Fire posted:

Got through that last set of stuff pretty quickly. Time for more!

Oath Addition
6 corrupted doctors (28mm CMON)

Approved!

Ugleb posted:

So next months achievement is Just love the Dick?

Nope, that's an extra competition being run by LordAba. See the OP for next month's Jurnal. (OK technically the third post)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Weirdo posted:

:orks101: I Weirdo Oath one Greater Stone Golem and 8 Fleabag riders, both 28mm and from Mantic.

Approved!

Takuan posted:

Claiming Speed Paint on the Mind Eater.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this to claim the achievement now, or when I finish the rest of the oath, or both.

Claim it with the rest of your stuff in your Oath Completion post.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

I Bucnasti oath these five Reaper Bones adventurers for August.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of August:

Gotham Police Set II, for the Batman Miniatures Game, 32mm scale by Knight Models.
Ambulance (with Gurney), 32mm scale by TTCombat.
Scaffolding (with generator), 32mm by TTCombat.

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 oath for August this lizardman and these three Kulathi warriors.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for August one GW Epic Knight Errant (6mm) and one Marauder Dark Elf Cauldron of Blood (28mm):

There is some paint on the cauldron that I couldn't strip off, I don't expect that'll be a problem?

It'll be fine, if you're that worried re-take the oath shot after priming :)

All Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath this Chaos Warrior (GW) for August

ZachAttack posted:

I, ZachAttack, oath 1 Kodiac, 3 Condors and 5 Bear APC's for the month of August (10mm, Dropzone Commander, Hawkwargames.)

also going to do some spring cleaning

closer on the date

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Fire Elemental / Ifrit - this guy was hard to photo from the front due to his slanty nature

Stone Elemental. I'm not too happy with the glow effect between the boulders, I may redo it at some point or just remove it and go back to black.

Ork Idol / Turn Counter / Blood Point Tracker, there's a short rod under the idol which plugs into the base with the numbers.

Squig Catapult

A bunch of bolt throwers

Claiming Jurnal for the Fire Elemental, and I Rolled a 6 for the turn counter Idol

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

enri posted:

Oath Addition!

1 epic scale Necron Destroyer Lord

I was going to make some objective markers for the sake of the technical challenge, but decided I'd just throw this little chap together instead.

I might have also nailed the speed painting achievement with this, but I'll save that photo for the oath complete post :)

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, oath one crazy-rear end Kum Motorcycle Trooper for the month of August (28mm, Infinity, Corvus Belli)

Approved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

INinja132 posted:

Oath addition

24 German Grenadiers, 28mm by Warlord Games

Signal posted:

Oath!

Stave, 28mm, from Guild Ball

wdarkk posted:

Oath addition: one Reaver Gunship and one Corruptor Gunship for Dropzone Commander (Hawk, 10mm, Resin)

Nichol posted:

I, Nichol hereby Oath this old-rear end Gundam GM for the month of August.

If it is allowed?

All Approved!

• Locked thread