Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Completely missed my last oath, partly due to a death in the family, the resulting funeral and a well-timed break up. April wasn't a great time.

So here's my June oath, and I'm hoping to actually do it this time, as it should be pretty easy.

I, glitchkrieg, oath for the month of June, 5 Terminators from River Horse Studio

Primed black with white zenithal.

And if I don't fail to get those paint another I'll probably post another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Oath Complete!

Still need to work out if I'm going to black rim them or not, but they're done for now.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

moths posted:

I hate to chat in the Oath thread, but -

If you rim the bases in red it'll really bring out their eyes in what's an otherwise monochromatic scheme.

I originally put brown bases on the first batch I painted, to try and get a scorched earth look, but it didn't really look right. The monochrome looks so much better, I need to go back and paint over them. I might leave the rims until I've painted the Resistance and see how they look with similar bases but slightly more colourful paint jobs.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I, Glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Fanatics for the month of August!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I, glitchkrieg, oath 6 Frostgrave Treasure Tokens (North Star Figures) for the month of August

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved! Though for future oaths, please ensure the American Samoa title is visible, glitchkrieg :)

Will do, sorry!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

WIP update - base coats and washes.

Can you only claim each achievement once? I might stop the WIP so I can do it with something more interesting.

hexa fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 6, 2016

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Edit: removed due to confusion over how to complete an oath :v:

hexa fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 6, 2016

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

Your Oath's not complete, you also Oathed 2 Fanatics :colbert: - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=70764#post462793980

Remember, it's one completion post for everything you do in the month :)

Ah. Still new to this, hence all the mistakes. I've got to blackline the Fanatics and then they're ready. That said, I'll probably be adding more to my oath as I've cleared through these two so quickly, and I've got something for the flame challenge...

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I, glitchkrieg, oath this Chaos Warrior (GW) for August

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Oath complete!

Claiming Speed painting! and I rolled a 6! for the Frostgrave treasure tokens.

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath 6 Frostgrave Treasure Tokens (North Star Figures) for the month of August

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Galaspar posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming fire/OSL jurnal for the guy with the flamethrower.

Loving the old school Beaky who has to stand on rocks to contend with the scale creep of his brethren :v:

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

glitchkrieg posted:

Oath complete!

Claiming Speed painting! and I rolled a 6! for the Frostgrave treasure tokens.

Are these images broken for anyone else? I just looked at this thread at home and they're coming up as broken :/

Direct link seems to work though:

http://xerode.net/img/sa/oath/08_chaos_warrior.jpg

http://xerode.net/img/sa/oath/08_goblin_fanatics.jpg

http://xerode.net/img/sa/oath/08_frostgrave_tokens_03.jpg

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I, glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Squigs, a GW Painboy and a Mano di Porco Squig for the month of September.

(Linking because my host is being poo poo with images at the moment)

hexa fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 3, 2016

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Squigs, a GW Painboy and a Mano di Porco Squig for the month of September.

(Linking because my host is being poo poo with images at the moment)

Oath complete!

Had to rush the Orc to finish, as I ended up stripping the Blood Bowl Squig and repainting from scratch due to loving up the yellow. Second time around I varnished it, then used masking tape and ended up with a pretty neat stripe.

Will get a better pic of the minis tomorrow, but now it's time to crash.

hexa fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 1, 2016

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I, glitchkrieg, do oath this Orc Thrower and 2 Orc Linesmen from Necrom Studios for the month of October

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I, glitchkrieg, for the month of November, oath to paint this Wood Elf Waywatcher (Games Workshop)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, for the month of November, oath to paint this Wood Elf Waywatcher (Games Workshop)

Oath complete!

Just need to finish off the base and then it goes in the varnishing queue.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Signal posted:

Oath Addition and Speed Paint

Four little frogs I got from a Kickstarter, now turned into Ice Toads for Frostgrave!

Those are adorable, and I love the colour scheme!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Let's see if I can get this finished in the next few days.

I, glitchkrieg, do oath this converted 28mm storm trooper for the month of March!

Bits from GW Guardsman, GW Scion, Anvil Industries magazine, and I can't remember where I grabbed the head and legs from.

hexa fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 29, 2017

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Oath complete! Want to spend more time on it, but I also want to go to bed.

Claiming scratch-built technical challenge because it's made out of 5 different kits/bits and a tiny bit of putty.

glitchkrieg posted:

Let's see if I can get this finished in the next few days.

I, glitchkrieg, do oath this converted 28mm storm trooper for the month of March!

Bits from GW Guardsman, GW Scion, Anvil Industries magazine, and I can't remember where I grabbed the head and legs from.

hexa fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 1, 2017

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

Both of these looking good, but get your names on the pics if you want them to count!

:siren: 1 hour remaining! :siren:

Cropped, and added my name...

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

a) this is somewhat after the deadline and b) the image doesn't load.

Ah, didn't realise that adding a name had to be within the deadline too. I missed the deadline as I was in bed. Balls.

Annoyingly my host doesn't do HTTPS, which is why it's not loading in-page. Linking works though. Will see if i can fix this.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I, glitchkrieg, oath for the month of April this 1991 Imperial Assassin (GW, 28mm)

How do I go about doing Save the whale? Do I need to re-oath a mini or just use the original oath?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I, glitchkrieg, oath for the month of April this Night Goblin Archer and Gretchin (GW, 28mm)

Zark the Damned posted:

Re Save da Whales, paging Leperflesh? Not sure if that's even being run any more outside the 'it's a rescue' achievement.

Ah, fair do. I saw it in previous threads and the current thread intro post, so guessed it was still going on - and I wanted to finish off that model that wasn't allowed last month ;)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Oath complete!

glitchkrieg posted:

How do I go about doing Save the whale? Do I need to re-oath a mini or just use the original oath?

Will be adding my name when I've got access to a computer with Photoshop later!

hexa fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 1, 2017

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

glitchkrieg posted:

Oath complete!

Will be adding my name when I've got access to a computer with Photoshop later!

If it's not too late, meant to say I was claiming Technical Challenge for the Gretchin, and Theme Challenge and Box Art for the Assassin

hexa fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 3, 2017

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And one more oath, which I might live to regret

5 Masamune drones from Human Interface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Just realised, but ta!

• Locked thread