Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Oath for May:

4 Jaguars, 5 Alguaciles, and Lupe Balboa. All in 28mm from Corvus Belli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Alguaciles

Their brave leader (and the model I'm least happy with)

Jaguars

Bandit (sneaky bastard is in my oath declaration post, but I forgot to call him out. Hope he still counts)

Claiming Journal for Daenerys Lupe's shoulder dragon. Also claiming the SquadGoals Achievement, which I believe these qualify for.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ashcans posted:

I dunno what these are for/from, but they look great!

Thanks! They're Nomads from Infinity, which also has great rules available for free: Official Goon Thread

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, oath to paint The Captain from Malifaux and the Brewers starter crew, from yet another game: Guild Ball.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!
I kept meaning to oath more this month, but instead I just painted. Which is mission accomplished for sure.

Claiming Journal for The Captain's chill pose. Still having trouble finding a good way to take pictures.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do Oath one Bete Noire, from Malifaux in 28mm

being gone for the rest of the month makes this difficult.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Before I disappear for the rest of the month, Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for using the water effects to make Bete's blood effects more splattery. Not super happy with how it turned out, vaguely more ketchup-seeming than I'd like.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Stave, 28mm, from Guild Ball

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for my attempt at a flame tattoo on the right wrist. I am greatly displeased by how that tattoo turned out, sadly.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Miss Fire from Malifaux, and William Wallace and 4 Neoterran Bolts from Infinity

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

1 Sogarat and 7 Morat Vanguard from Corvus Belli/Infinity

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

William Wallace's Kilt is my Journal, going for the plaid.

Neoterran Bolts, from the Cyberpunk world of Infinity are my Dickpunk entry

Model I obviously cared the least about, but she's done!

Really happy with how the more Leonine-version of the Morat came out.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

An Oath to report!

A Seraph, from Corvus Belli!

Also, a shame to report

A narrow failure on the 24 hour front. :'(

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

two PCs from Reaper, 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for the last model being mostly in black.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!
4 Mi-Go and the King in Yellow, from Cthulhu Wars in 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for everyone being yellow, especially the King in Yellow.

Totally phoned it in this month, I feel a little bad about that.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

December Oath!

Neema Satar from Infinity, Dog-Mascot from Guildball, and four Reaper models (Gorilla, kid, Wuxia, and hammerman)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete! (and has been for some time)

So beautiful! O.O

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete

The wuxia model up front is my Journal Entry for the month, being all in red. Played around with B&W on the gorilla, but phoned it in on the doggo.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do oath 5 Enforcers from Mantic Games' Deadzone for January

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

HEARKEN AND BEAR WITNESS!
A Gauntlet has been thrown betwen TheFinalTuba and I, and part of the stakes is a public shaming here, in front of our peers. Be it known, one of us will falter in the face of this adversity.

Also, Oath Addition!

Enforcer Strider, two little rolly robots, 6 Heavy Dorfs, and 2 Dorf Bikers. All from Mantic.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition and Speed Paint

Four little frogs I got from a Kickstarter, now turned into Ice Toads for Frostgrave!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

glitchkrieg posted:

Those are adorable, and I love the colour scheme!

Thanks! Gonna use them as Ice Toads in Frostgrave. :D

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for the white on the Enforcers, and Speed Painting for the Ice Toads.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition and Speed Paint

Four little frogs I got from a Kickstarter, now turned into Ice Toads for Frostgrave!

Super speed painting month for me, getting quite a lot done! More stuff in the Painting Thread from this month.

Signal fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 1, 2017

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Get some names on those pics for credit!

Ugh, thank you! Pictures updated.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do oath to paint one Wild Ones crew box for Malifaux, by Wyrd!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I think the ruling was that we had to be able to see the models themselves, although they could still be on the sprue if you wanted.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Germ posted:

First Place (3 Points) – Signal

Thanks Germ! I had a lot of fun painting these guys, so I'm glad people liked them.

Also, the William Wallace I painted was for TheFinalTuba's army, so it literally was tartan month XD

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Grey Hunter posted:

Hey baby, my pike block is 18 inches long and two inches thick....

These look great, but when I see 6mm pikes I always want to see a second row of men behind them with upright pikes for some visual depth. Shame that most game systems don't really support that.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!
And I even managed to put my name on them this time...

Tried something new for the NMM on the boilers. I'm not happy with the result at all, but it could definitely be worse.

My Monthly Journal was to do up Cherri Bomb as Tank Girl. Pretty happy with the way her stockings turned out. The latex glove also adds a nice extra bit of 'pop' to the model.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, Do Oath for March

78 6mm Minotaurs, forming 6 bases total.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition/Completion!

Made myself an Ent, and I'll be claiming Speed Paint in my final completion post. :)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath complete!

WIP:
Airbrushed a lightish brown, and basecoated in the bronze areas with Vallejo Heavy Goldbrown
Hit the rest of the basecoats, not worrying too much about most of it because 6mm is surprisingly forgiving.
Heavy wash of Liquitex Burnt Umber Ink with a little bit of black India Ink as well, followed by some highlighting up. I feel like even though highlighting 6mm is a pain, it does a lot to really add definition to the model. Drew some Taurus signs on their shields because war cows.
Basing was an exercise in frustration, as I realized the colors I'd put under their feet didn't line up with anything (the pic is of a different base) Spent the rest of the month idly poking at different recipes, trying to get something to line up properly. Gravel with a bit of wash on it for the earth, and then green flock for grass gives a decent battlefield look.

Claiming Journal for the giant tree creature, WIP for my Mini-Minotaurs, and I was going to claim Speed Painting until I found out that I already have it! I dunno if it counts for Box Art, but I tried to make the Minotaurs look like Middle-Age Pangea troops, wearing Bronze Armor.

Signal fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 31, 2017

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do Oath for April:

5 converted Hunters for Epic Armageddon, in 6mm.

(4 are in original colored plastic, other one is getting painted over)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

What about me? :ohdear:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

one Sci Fi Generator, in 28mm, from Reaper Bones

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Now that TheFinalTuba has gone home, I can do my own finale.
Oath Complete!

Backstory posted:

All he'd ever seen was conflict. Men fought desperately for the right to die near him, struggling to be the last one to bleed within arm's reach. Hours of pitched battle would see one faction victorious, just for them to be swept off into their darkened holding cells. He, however, got to bask beneath the light; for he was that most blessed of creations: an Objective.

Claiming the Journal and It's a Rescue! For these very old plastic Rhinos from Games Workshop's Epic. (Someone else might be able to know the date they came from, I snagged a bunch off of eBay years back.) Also claiming Backstory for the thrilling tale of an objective marker's life, which also qualifies for I rolled a 6!.

Before/After pics for Spring Cleaning:

Before picture was just after I'd managed to make an extra little paint holder, and cram it into the corner.

I was also a little surprised when I went to my All For One! picture, as it includes only a small fraction of the stuff I actually painted this year. Oath Thread is wonderful at motivation, and I'd sometimes find myself painting 4-5 times as much stuff as I oathed, just as a result of the pace it helped me set.

And with that, I call this Year Complete.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Backstory
Spring Cleaning:

These achievements didn't make it into the spreadsheet :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Any word on final judging?

• Locked thread