Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Question, could I satisfy this month's challenge by using some of the oldest paints in my collection? I still have some of the paint pots from my very first GW starter kit years ago. I'd be willing to take pictures of the paints and post them with my oath, and all. :)

Not sure this is what I'd do, but it's an idea I had!

That sounds perfectly in the spirit of the challenge! Take pics of the paints you use ;)

glitchkrieg posted:

Cropped, and added my name...

a) this is somewhat after the deadline and b) the image doesn't load.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 10 Autocannon Marines and one kitbashed Master of Signals for April

The Moon Monster posted:

I The Moon Monster oath a Tethru Master of Words (28mm) by Crocodile Games and a Orc Chaos Mage (28mm I guess) by WizKids

The Chaos Mage is a pre-painted mini from the old Mageknight minis game, so I was going to paint it for the theme challenge. I could have sworn I read that posting pre-painted minis in their out of the box state was acceptable for oathing, but now I can't actually find a rule addressing pre-painted mans anywhere in the OP. FWIW I'm planning on completely re-doing it, not just touching up the existing paint job.

Approved!

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath these 5 28mm Eldar miniatures (plus support weapon) for April

In the spirit of this month's jurnal, these figures were all originally produced for Rogue Trader, and go back as far as 1987 - three of them are actually from the period where the models all had individual names, rather than just being a specific troop/type. I'm planning on doubling down on the jurnal by giving them classic paint jobs as well. :toot:

Edit: I know the support weapon looks like it has some stuff on it - that's the remains of a previous paintjob that is particularly stubborn. It will be completely re-primed before painting, let me know if you need pictures of the post-prime model.

It's fine, call it your 'Rescue' achievement :) Approved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 Oath to paint these monks (by Nalzur's minitures) for April

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint this old boy, Beorg Bearstruck, at some point in April. By GW.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Zark the Damned posted:

a) this is somewhat after the deadline and b) the image doesn't load.

Ah, didn't realise that adding a name had to be within the deadline too. I missed the deadline as I was in bed. Balls.

Annoyingly my host doesn't do HTTPS, which is why it's not loading in-page. Linking works though. Will see if i can fix this.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For January I, Galaspar, oath 5 Space Marine Veterans

The one on the back right is from about 1990, possibly not the oldest mini I've got but pretty close.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo oath the following four 28mm figures: One Dungeon Saga hero Arianya (by Mantic), one Reaper Scarecrow the Flesh Golem, One Frostgrave Barbarian, and one Ral Partha "Dwarf With No Name."

Dwarf with No Name is nearly as old as me.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 6, 2017

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I Takuan oath for April 1 Merriod, 2 Ettins, and 2 Shadow Dragons from Fantasy Flight Games

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for April, the final oath month

1 Ogre Captain with musician upgrade kit by Mantic (28mm)
plus his custom longbow, by me :buddy:

More coming, but I need this guy done for a tournament on Saturday

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Going oath a bunch of minis from a bunch of different manufactorers, let's see if I can keep this straight.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following: 14 Foot Knights (Perry), 10 Pikemen (Perry), Lost Legion Drummer (GW), Mercenary Captain (Warlord). Everything is 28mm.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
For April I oath two Authorized Bounty Hunters
Corvus Belli

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: MARCH PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: PYROLOCUTUS!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: THESPACEINVADER!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: Counterspin, but he already won a few months ago, so we need a re-roll.
JERRYLEE! is our winner!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Electric Hobo posted:

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: Counterspin, but he already won a few months ago, so we need a re-roll.
JERRYLEE! is our winner!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

It's been a while since I participated, but I have a few more models to get rid of for the US Grab Bag prize. I'll have to send Iris of Ether another message and get that organized in a couple of weeks...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Woo, a thing, a veritable thing.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oh, nice, I knew there was a reason I kept participating in these threads. :v:

Iris of Ether, can you please remind me of how to contact you?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, 1x Achilles Cruiser and 4x Calypso frigates, for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 Oath to paint these monks (by Nalzur's minitures) for April

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint this old boy, Beorg Bearstruck, at some point in April. By GW.

Galaspar posted:

For January I, Galaspar, oath 5 Space Marine Veterans

The one on the back right is from about 1990, possibly not the oldest mini I've got but pretty close.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo oath the following four 28mm figures: One Dungeon Saga hero Arianya (by Mantic), one Reaper Scarecrow the Flesh Golem, One Frostgrave Barbarian, and one Ral Partha "Dwarf With No Name."

Dwarf with No Name is nearly as old as me.

Takuan posted:

I Takuan oath for April 1 Merriod, 2 Ettins, and 2 Shadow Dragons from Fantasy Flight Games

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for April, the final oath month

1 Ogre Captain with musician upgrade kit by Mantic (28mm)
plus his custom longbow, by me :buddy:

More coming, but I need this guy done for a tournament on Saturday

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Going oath a bunch of minis from a bunch of different manufactorers, let's see if I can keep this straight.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following: 14 Foot Knights (Perry), 10 Pikemen (Perry), Lost Legion Drummer (GW), Mercenary Captain (Warlord). Everything is 28mm.

Red Shoe posted:

For April I oath two Authorized Bounty Hunters
Corvus Belli

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, 1x Achilles Cruiser and 4x Calypso frigates, for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Approved!

LordAba posted:

It's been a while since I participated, but I have a few more models to get rid of for the US Grab Bag prize. I'll have to send Iris of Ether another message and get that organized in a couple of weeks...

JerryLee posted:

Oh, nice, I knew there was a reason I kept participating in these threads. :v:

Iris of Ether, can you please remind me of how to contact you?

Please be aware Iris hasn't posted for over a year now and most likely doesn't check the forums :(
https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=84825

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath for April this GW ten-man Armageddon Steel Legion Kill Team and Ogryn:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Please be aware Iris hasn't posted for over a year now and most likely doesn't check the forums :(
https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=84825

I don't have plat and can't see that link :(

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these models for April

-Hakaar the Destroyer
-2 Ancestral Guardians

All from Privateer Press, 40mm bases

moths
Aug 25, 2004

OATH COMPLETE?!

This is a placeholder for SPEED PAINTING, I'll get some tidier shots up in the next few minutes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath Complete!

Didn't plan for this to be a 24-hour project, but things started going well!

Also I didn't really pay attention and thought this was Monster May-Hem. But at least my Ogryn's done!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do Oath for April:

5 converted Hunters for Epic Armageddon, in 6mm.

(4 are in original colored plastic, other one is getting painted over)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for April this GW ten-man Armageddon Steel Legion Kill Team and Ogryn:

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these models for April

-Hakaar the Destroyer
-2 Ancestral Guardians

All from Privateer Press, 40mm bases

moths posted:

Oath Complete!

Didn't plan for this to be a 24-hour project, but things started going well!

Also I didn't really pay attention and thought this was Monster May-Hem. But at least my Ogryn's done!

Approved!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

What about me? :ohdear:

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint for the month of May, one Civilian from Infinity and one Young LaCroix (is that what this thing is?) from Malifaux!

The Civialian will of course be my "It's a Rescue" and the Gremlin has been kicking around in my collection the longest. One of my first models and still not painted. C'mon me.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Dr. Phildo posted:

For April I oath
Fenn, Mak, and Gideon from Fanfasy Flights Imperial Assault

Oath Addition! Diala and Gaarkhan, also from Imperial Assault

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009
I, Knuckle Sammich, oath that I will paint these 12 Necron Warriors from GW and Broderick from Reaper.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

That sounds perfectly in the spirit of the challenge! Take pics of the paints you use ;)

All right! I, JerryLee, oath to paint yet another Frostgrave Gnoll by North Star / Osprey Games

To paint this one of my newest minis, I'll be using some of my oldest paints:

The left three were in the very first painting starter set I bought back in... must've been 2012? (Yeah, I'm way newer to this hobby than some of you.) The Tallarn Flesh I bought shortly thereafter. Ahh, the days when I was still stupid enough to give GW money.

I'm not going to use only these paints, of course, but they will form the majority of the base colors.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! Scarface, Cordelia, and The Lady of Pain
The first two are Corvus Belli. The last one is Ral Partha.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For April, I, LazyAngel, oath one Maghariba Guard from Infinity (28mm, Corvus Belli)

It's been on my to-do list for ages - was basically why I got the airbrush, so figured I might as well get it done.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Signal posted:

What about me? :ohdear:

My apologies, I'd added it to the spreadsheet but missed the quote button and didn't notice. Approved!

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint for the month of May, one Civilian from Infinity and one Young LaCroix (is that what this thing is?) from Malifaux!

The Civialian will of course be my "It's a Rescue" and the Gremlin has been kicking around in my collection the longest. One of my first models and still not painted. C'mon me.

Dr. Phildo posted:

Oath Addition! Diala and Gaarkhan, also from Imperial Assault

Knuckle Sammich posted:

I, Knuckle Sammich, oath that I will paint these 12 Necron Warriors from GW and Broderick from Reaper.

JerryLee posted:

All right! I, JerryLee, oath to paint yet another Frostgrave Gnoll by North Star / Osprey Games

To paint this one of my newest minis, I'll be using some of my oldest paints:

The left three were in the very first painting starter set I bought back in... must've been 2012? (Yeah, I'm way newer to this hobby than some of you.) The Tallarn Flesh I bought shortly thereafter. Ahh, the days when I was still stupid enough to give GW money.

I'm not going to use only these paints, of course, but they will form the majority of the base colors.

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! Scarface, Cordelia, and The Lady of Pain
The first two are Corvus Belli. The last one is Ral Partha.

LazyAngel posted:

For April, I, LazyAngel, oath one Maghariba Guard from Infinity (28mm, Corvus Belli)

It's been on my to-do list for ages - was basically why I got the airbrush, so figured I might as well get it done.

All Approved!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath addition, 1 Tethru Scribe by Crocodile Games (28mm)

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do oath this WHFB Empire Standard Bearer (I think?) in 28mm from Games Workshop!

I think this is the oldest unfinished mini that I own. It doesn't have a copyright date on the tab, but it's from the old Marauder line, so mid 1980s?. The cat-chewed 20mm square slotta base to which he was semi- attached says copyright GW 1984, so this checks out. I vaguely remember buying him at the time because I thought his poofy pants and sleeves look cool and would be fun to paint. He has lived in the bottom of one of my minis boxes for the last 30 years or so.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I've been working some more on the Season 8 rules and stuff - I want to try and get it finished off this weekend, I'd appreciate any feedback the thread has: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11cp0buWV7rGc5TTvIC4q3IFmyEUUTzOxXr4pmXN6vfY/edit?usp=sharing

I now have the achievements mostly done and will be working on the monthly challenges next, using this season as a start point.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Season 7 final submission, woo.

We are we supposed to do a group picture too?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Uroboros posted:

Season 7 final submission, woo.

We are we supposed to do a group picture too?

Looking good! The group shot thing is the 'All for One' achievement detailed in https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261#post459374977

The Moon Monster posted:

Oath addition, 1 Tethru Scribe by Crocodile Games (28mm)

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do oath this WHFB Empire Standard Bearer (I think?) in 28mm from Games Workshop!

I think this is the oldest unfinished mini that I own. It doesn't have a copyright date on the tab, but it's from the old Marauder line, so mid 1980s?. The cat-chewed 20mm square slotta base to which he was semi- attached says copyright GW 1984, so this checks out. I vaguely remember buying him at the time because I thought his poofy pants and sleeves look cool and would be fun to paint. He has lived in the bottom of one of my minis boxes for the last 30 years or so.

Approved!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of April this old rear end GW Catachan Assault Weapon dude.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 Additionally oath for April these adorable mouslings (Bard, Monk and Wizard) from Reaper (for a game I'm designing)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of April this old rear end GW Catachan Assault Weapon dude.

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 Additionally oath for April these adorable mouslings (Bard, Monk and Wizard) from Reaper (for a game I'm designing)

Approved!

Also... Oath Complete!

Oathsworn giant is pretty big. Cannon crew for scale.

Old rear end Inquisitor, Assassin and Tech Priest for the Jurnal and also to act as Imperial Agents for the Sallies.

Da Deffwing are my third bunch of Meganobz to round out the Bully Boyz formation, which makes them suck a little less.

Plus All For One! There's a couple of additional things in there which weren't oathed but were painted during the season too. Link for huge version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Thought I did December but oh well here we are!

:orks101: December Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): - TheFinalTuba

The monster is good, he's blended well and the individual hair sections picked out is very clean. However, I really like the woman. Her green stands in contrast to the cooler purple and cold white. The highlighting of the various depths of her robe is very well done.

Second Place (2 Points): - Red Shoe

These are extremely difficult to look at considering they're one of my most oft-used units but mine are bare metal and not even glued to their bases. The blending and highlights really stand out on them and the opposition of colors makes them easy to tell apart while still looking like a cohesive pair. Everything you do is good but the flat surfaces and defined edges of these models really show your skills off.

First Place (3 Points): - Lazy Angel

What do I even say about these. That you all pint these tiny ships every month is impressive enough. It looks like you dipped these in a gas puddle. That is just outstanding blending on the metallics into the pink.

Bonus Point (1 Point): - Ashcans

This is basically the theme challenge we all wanted to see.

• Locked thread