Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkOnThis
May 2, 2016
I dont want to see Golden State win this year. Them fuckers broke my bulls 72 win record. The only time I ever root for the Spurs is now coming out of the west to face Cleveland, Lebron will get a ring for Cleveland FINALLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ThinkOnThis posted:

I dont want to see Golden State win this year. Them fuckers broke my bulls 72 win record. The only time I ever root for the Spurs is now coming out of the west to face Cleveland, Lebron will get a ring for Cleveland FINALLY

Although I'd be happy with any of those three teams winning, you can Eat a dick Grandpa. Your in-your-face style of play is retired, and the flashy "fundamentals plus ball movement" is the hot new thing.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
golden state is gonna own and they dont even need curry lmao

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

who wants to talk about the sacramento kings???? cuz i do

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ThinkOnThis posted:

lmao at this post

the spurs will facefuck the cavs into oblivion

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
get dunked on OP

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

lebron will never get another ring

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

My bf left me in a golden state at the poz party this weekend

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Wichita Breastfeeders going all the way this year.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've only been to three NBA games in my life, but one was a Warriors game this year so I'll forever get to say I saw the best team ever. :smug:

edit: four games I guess

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 2, 2016

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
op is having a bad year if the bulls are his team

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:swish:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the great deceiver posted:

lebron will never get another ring

good gently caress him and cleveland

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I hate the Spurs for beating my Knicks in '99, and Sonics in '05. Never letting these go. :colbert:

Also hate the Warriors, too. And Lebron. Gets pretty hard to root for anyone lately; out of this group I guess I'm hoping POR, TOR or ATL manage to pull off some upsets.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

how horrible will bay area fans be if both the Sharks and Warriors win their leagues this year, then the Giants win the World Series in another even year this decade? i'll want San Francisco to burn to the ground even more than i do now

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

OctoberBlues posted:

I've only been to three NBA games

It may look better on a T-shirt, but I don't like the new NAMBLA logo.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
let's go Phoenix Suns

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_cjgtmIz2k&t=15s

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Homestar Runner posted:

let's go Phoenix Suns

👍

I miss the playoffs

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sir_Charles posted:

👍

I miss the playoffs

Don't worry man, that core of Nash and Stoudemire will win at least one championship, they're too good not to!

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

then the Giants win the World Series in another even year this decade?

cubs got this. hail satan, hawks in '17 lol

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
ironically posting in a sports thread rn

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Y-Hat posted:

how horrible will bay area fans be if both the Sharks and Warriors win their leagues this year, then the Giants win the World Series in another even year this decade? i'll want San Francisco to burn to the ground even more than i do now

The Raiders and the 49ers still loving suck at the one true American sport that matters. :911:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress the spurs more OP

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Sir_Charles posted:

👍

I miss the playoffs

Was in Phoenix for a conference a few months ago and they was playing the Timberwolves, and tickets were basically free, and I opted to just stay in the room (which was right by the arena). Not sure what's worse, having no team like me (SEA), or having a 20 win team. :shrug:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Sir_Charles posted:

👍

I miss the playoffs

cry me a fuckin river its been like 10+ years since the kings been in the playoffs

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Lol if you care about sports

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

rio posted:

Lol if you care about sports

look its Amy Schumer

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FIRST TIME posted:

The Raiders and the 49ers still loving suck at the one true American sport that matters. :911:

The niners were good just a few years ago and holy moly do they have the worst loving fans. They make Cowboy fans look cool in comparison.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

tenspott posted:

The niners were good just a few years ago and holy moly do they have the worst loving fans. They make Cowboy fans look cool in comparison.

The 49ers imploded in the most hilarious fashion so it all worked out for the best.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

tenspott posted:

im a niners fan and while we are bad there is no way we are worse than patriots fans or all the seattle bandwagon fans

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

the great deceiver posted:

im a niners fan and while we are bad there is no way we are worse than patriots fans or all the seattle bandwagon fans

I went to a 49er/Seahawks game in 2011 when the Seahawks were middling to good, half the stadium was obnoxious Niners fans; if this is what Seahawks fans are now then you are what you hate.

OTOH I had Seahawks shoes when they were awful in the early 90s and got ridiculed by all my classmates, now these same people are all diehard "12th men" apparently. Most of these diehards 12th men are bandwagoners who'll disappear if Wilson tears an ACL and they go 5-11.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FIRST TIME posted:

the raiders are on the up-and-up, but there's no guarantee that they'll still be in the Bay Area when they start to compete

the 49ers should have hired Tom Coughlin as coach. he's a stubborn (and bad) play caller, but you can never say that he's lost a locker room. he'd always have the Giants give it their all even in the last couple of years when Eli and Odell were their only bright spots. naturally, they hired a guy who's only good at pissing players off (like everyone got along in the locker room in the first place), and they had a lovely draft to boot. get ready for another lost decade!

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 2, 2016

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Somehow I was hoping to see Portland pull off another shocker like when they trounced the Warriors earlier this year, but today's game is probably a harbinger of how the series will go.

What I hope for is A: the Warriors don't win the finals, prompting all the yelling sports mans shows to continuously debate if a 73-win season means anything if they don't win in the end, and B: The Cavaliers also don't win the finals, because it's fun to see Cleveland sports fans be miserable.

I guess I'm rooting for the Spurs since it doesn't look like Portland will finish the job. :sigh:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I hated Harbaugh's guts when he coached the 49ers but in retrospect, it was really fun that him and Pete Carroll had this long running rivalry going on. They were both successful coaches whose styles and personalities couldn't be more different. Harbaugh's ranting like a mad man and throwing his headset while Carroll's cool as a cucumber and snapping his chewing gum.

Then Jed York went and drove the team into the ground in short order. At least Chip Kelly as head coach has a greater potential for another coaching rivalry than Carl of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Philthy posted:

look its Amy Schumer

I don't know anything g about her but I do know that sports are loving dumb. Not playing them, that is fun but watching them to the pointed knowing all of their names while they make millions of dollars and you drink poo poo beer to make the experience bearable while you vomit out meaningless sports facts to your friends or those who *gasp* like another team than yours.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

rio posted:

I don't know anything g about her but I do know that sports are loving dumb. Not playing them, that is fun but watching them to the pointed knowing all of their names while they make millions of dollars and you drink poo poo beer to make the experience bearable while you vomit out meaningless sports facts to your friends or those who *gasp* like another team than yours.

:eyepop:

Philthy posted:

look its Amy Schumer

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

rio posted:

i assume you dont watch movies too right

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

rio posted:

I'm the nerd who feels a palpable sense of relief when a mega-nerd like this shows up so I can point and say "Let's get 'im, fellas!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
i hate the golden state warriors so loving much man. i hate draymond green worse than hitler. i hate steph curry, klay thompson and andrew bogut. i want to hate steve kerr but i can't because he's cool af and i grew up cheering for him.

• Locked thread