Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
So my husband and I (going prebuilt out of laziness etc) didn't end up jumping on the recent HP envy deal while it was at it's best, the other half of it is expiring today, we've heard about the new GPUs and so on, and don't know what to do at this point to get a decent deal. Do you guys think we should wait for more/better sales going on over the next couple months for high-end prebuilt systems from Dell, Alienware, HP etc, or is the current deal probably going to be as good as it gets?

Edit: crap, forgot to say that we're in the US, our budget is approx $2200, we have a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc already, and he wants a gaming desktop that'll do 1920x1080 on high quality. We don't mind paying the prebuilt premium so long as it's not outrageous.

babydonthurtme fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
I want a cheap Classic WoW / FFXIV at low-medium quality @ 1920x1080 box, and I'm too lazy to build if I don't have to. Will this Dell box work well enough?

Inspiron 5675 Desktop ($510.00, refurb)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Processor (Quad Core, 3.1GHz, 2M cache,65W)
Windows 10 Home 64bit English
1TB 3.5inch SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
8GB (1x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 UDIMM Non-ECC
AMD Radeon RX 560 with 2GB GDDR5

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

OhFunny posted:

I think you'll be good. FFXIV isn't very demanding for a MMO and WoW's come a long with it's DirectX 12 implementation.

Stickman posted:

Do you live near a Microcenter? Most of their pre-built options in the $500-600 range are much more powerful, and would let you either play more intensive games or significantly extend the useful life of the machine.

E: Like OhFunny said, though, the 5675 should be fine for low-medium FFXIV and WoW

FilthyImp posted:

In addition to what was said, I'd probably just spend a little more for a Ryzen 5 or a slightly better GPU. It won't make too much of a difference for what you're going to run, but it'll extend the life of the system a bit.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I don't live near a Microcenter, sadly, so I'm just going to keep an eye on both the dell outlet and ebay to see if I can pick up a config like this with a Ryzen 5.