Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i wonder if donald trump will win the democratic primary

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I can't believe we have 2 1/2 months still left in this death march

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I definitely trust Chevy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

For the first time the GOP thread is leading the dem one. The backs of the bernouts are finally broken

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
so does bernie officially concede here? :(

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mo_Steel posted:

so does bernie officially concede here? :(

Bernie is a waste.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Is Hillary ahead of Bernie in the Indiana polls?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Bip Roberts posted:

Bernie is a waste.

You're a waste.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Al! posted:

At this point Hillary pulling a Vince Foster on Sanders should be considered a mercy killing.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

A Winner is Jew posted:

At this point Hillary pulling a Vince Foster on Sanders should be considered a mercy killing.

Well, she already hosed him - so she's halfway there

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

You're a waste.

no u

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I will be voting for Hillary Clinton for President of the United States in just over 189 days.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Immortan posted:

Is Hillary ahead of Bernie in the Indiana polls?

Yes. And not that it matters, but Indiana is probably the most likely place to see a repeat of Michigan were Bernie beats the polls. It's an open primary in a state with a lot of manufacturing jobs and not a lot of black people.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Abisteen posted:

I will be voting for Hillary Clinton for President of the United States in just over 189 days.

Black voters get to vote for her in 191 days. I saw it on a flyer.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cao Ni Ma posted:

For the first time the GOP thread is leading the dem one. The backs of the bernouts are finally broken

the dem threads are just hillary circlejerks though

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Indiana is an open primary full of white people and Bernie will still probably lose

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
win or lose, bernie's gonna keep pushing his "superdelegates are good if you back me" message

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Al! posted:

All Sanders needs is to have a rally that gets hashtagged #Sandersdeathmarch and he will have marked his campaign with both the failures of Hillary 08 and Romney 12.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

win or lose, bernie's gonna keep pushing his "superdelegates are good if you back me" message

Has he ever actually said this?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Rand alPaul posted:

Has he ever actually said this?

He's said they should back him, but probably not that they're good.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

He said they should back the winner of the state they represent.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jewel Repetition posted:

He's said they should back him, but probably not that they're good.

Yeah that's what I figured, the only people actually defending the superdelegate system have been HRC and her people along the lines of "Barack Obama *should* have a say in who is the Democratic Nominee!" like he doesn't already wield huge influence in the process.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah that's what I figured, the only people actually defending the superdelegate system have been HRC and her people along the lines of "Barack Obama *should* have a say in who is the Democratic Nominee!" like he doesn't already wield huge influence in the process.

Superdelegates are just a fail-safe in case something goes completely off the rails in the primaries. Like not being obligated to nominate someone just indicted for murder or Donald Trump or something. In the vast majority of cases, they should (and do) go along with the choice of the rest of the delegates.

Superdelegates are a non-issue that losing candidates whine about every four years.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Superdelegates might help prevent a thing that... bear with me here, this is entirely theoretical--

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tetracube posted:

the dem threads are just hillary circlejerks though

She's the dem nominee, what do you expect.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
According to isidewith.com I'm 97% with Bernie and 93% with both Stein and Clinton. I'm going to have an epic multi-page meltdown when the candidate I prefer by 4% is not selected by democracy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

He said they should back the winner of the state they represent.

*unless they're from a state Hillary won, in which case they should look at head to head polls.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

*unless they're from a state Hillary won, in which case they should look at head to head polls.

lol that made me think, do they ever do head to head general election polls on a state level? If they did I bet Hillary would do better in Virginia and NC, and do more to build towards the democratic party's long term goal of turning the entire eastern seaboard blue.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Deteriorata posted:

Superdelegates are just a fail-safe in case something goes completely off the rails in the primaries. Like not being obligated to nominate someone just indicted for murder or Donald Trump or something. In the vast majority of cases, they should (and do) go along with the choice of the rest of the delegates.

Superdelegates are a non-issue that losing candidates whine about every four years.

Look at this autist enthusiastically take a poo poo on voters.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

lol that made me think, do they ever do head to head general election polls on a state level? If they did I bet Hillary would do better in Virginia and NC, and do more to build towards the democratic party's long term goal of turning the entire eastern seaboard blue.

PPP probably has in NC.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Pick posted:

Superdelegates might help prevent a thing that... bear with me here, this is entirely theoretical--

https://youtu.be/XtuWiHYmr4U

5 minutes in

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
You guys ready to 'Suck It Down' as 'Sanders Is Going To Make You His Bitch', when he wins Indiana by Alaska margins today? :bernin:

Neremworld
Dec 3, 2007

by exmarx

ANGRYGREEK posted:

You guys ready to 'Suck It Down' as 'Sanders Is Going To Make You His Bitch', when he wins Indiana by Alaska margins today? :bernin:

*starts chanting TOXX TOXX TOXX*

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ScrubLeague posted:

According to isidewith.com I'm 97% with Bernie and 93% with both Stein and Clinton. I'm going to have an epic multi-page meltdown when the candidate I prefer by 4% is not selected by democracy.

But what if she's lying

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Sir Tonk posted:

But what if she's lying

she is and she is actually worse than trump / hitler combined #neverhillary

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Immortan posted:

Look at this autist enthusiastically take a poo poo on voters.

Voters getting to select a candidate for a political party is a privilege, not a right.

The party is not obligated to have any votes or ask anyone's opinion before selecting a candidate. Its a private organization and can do whatever it wants. They're not "making GBS threads on voters" because there was never any promise or expectation that the results of the votes would be binding.

Looks like your high horse had broken legs.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
mmmm can't wait to drink the tears of all those fucks at /r/hillaryclinton as their weep over the results tonight :twisted: mmmmm going to taste so good :yarr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

we hoosiers are just happy someone is paying attention to us for once :unsmith:

• Locked thread