Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

luckily that doesn't actually determine anything I guess

TPP ain't gonna steal jobs from the US. Indiana would be worse off under Sanders because he'd stand idly by while the Tea Party took over, period.

Significant evidence suggests that TPP will siphon hundreds of thousands of jobs abroad and the potential to deleteriously affect workers rights, food quality and the environment. Funny, also, that DWS and the current DNC establishment which includes the Clintons (also recall Bill C and 1994) has presided over the loss of many state houses, state legislatures, congress and a number of senate seats and have no plan whatever to win them back. So again, nothing you are saying is based in poo poo that has actually happened.

Yudo has issued a correction as of 05:57 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yudo posted:

Significant evidence suggests that TPP will siphon hundreds of thousands of jobs abroad. Funny, DWS and the current DNC establishment which includes the Clintons has presided over the loss of many state houses, state legislatures, congress and a number of senate seats. So again, nothing you are saying is based in poo poo that has actually happened.

I'm right when I say Clinton is doing a bunch for me but Sanders ain't doing poo poo, which is the whole reason why I support her and not him and also my original point.

If you're looking to sway my thinking, your task isn't to speculate out loud at me, but to convince me why supporting Sanders would be worth watching my state get sucked down the drain it's been circling.

Why should I have any faith that a man whose seat was purchased for him by the NRA and who then vehemently opposed the waiting period as he was instructed will vote the correct way, for that matter? The NYDN interview didn't really inspire me with an enormous amount of confidence that he isn't just a reactionary with no plan or concrete reasoning

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Yudo posted:

Significant evidence suggests that TPP will siphon hundreds of thousands of jobs abroad

Let's see it.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Did i wander into the dem primary megathread

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Yudo posted:

Significant evidence suggests that TPP will siphon hundreds of thousands of jobs abroad and potential to deleteriously affect workers rights, food quality and the environment. Funny, also, that DWS and the current DNC establishment which includes the Clintons (also recall Bill C in 1996) has presided over the loss of many state houses, state legislatures, congress and a number of senate seats and have no plan whatever to win them back. So again, nothing you are saying is based in poo poo that has actually happened.

I'm sure most people in this subforum will assume that I hate the Dems because they're big meanies to my main man Bernie but it's actually this. Way to just give up and let the GOP roll over the top of you and doom tons of us living in the Unimportant States to potential decades of GOP rule.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

Did i wander into the dem primary megathread

It's called cultivating a derail to boil over full force into another, unsuspecting thread as soon as this one is closed. Do u even late nite shitpost breh?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

I'm right when I say Clinton is doing a bunch for me but Sanders ain't doing poo poo, which is the whole reason why I support her and not him and also my original point.

If you're looking to sway my thinking, your task isn't to speculate out loud at me, but to convince me why supporting Sanders would be worth watching my state get sucked down the drain it's been circling.

Why should I have any faith that a man whose seat was purchased for him by the NRA and who then vehemently opposed the waiting period as he was instructed will vote the correct way, for that matter? The NYDN interview didn't really inspire me with an enormous amount of confidence that he isn't just a reactionary with no plan or concrete reasoning

Clinton isn't going to do poo poo for you.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

tranime scholar posted:

I'm sure most people in this subforum will assume that I hate the Dems because they're big meanies to my main man Bernie but it's actually this. Way to just give up and let the GOP roll over the top of you and doom tons of us living in the Unimportant States to potential decades of GOP rule.

It really is too bad that Bernie is so spectacularly uninterested in downticket races since, as you noted, they are important.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

smg77 posted:

It really is too bad that Bernie is so spectacularly uninterested in downticket races since, as you noted, they are important.

Same, but for Clinton.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

Clinton isn't going to do poo poo for you.

She already is, in fact!

https://votesmart.org/candidate/campaign-finance/4658/john-gregg#.VymCQoQrK70

Thanks, Democratic Establishment machine! Things like the HVF fund these ventures.

Her campaign also worked with the local parties to formally endorse candidates.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

smg77 posted:

Have you read the news? Clinton isn't interested in them either. Less then 1% of the victory fund has gone to help anyone down ticket. In fact under her stewardship the DNC has lost more down ticket races.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/clinton-fundraising-leaves-little-for-state-parties-222670

Whereas I have personally donated to 3 down-ticket races because of bernie so....

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

tranime scholar posted:

Same, but for Clinton.

Fortunately my abuela is raising tons of cash for downticket races. Bernie is super mad about it, though.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

smg77 posted:

Fortunately my abuela is raising tons of cash for downticket races. Bernie is super mad about it, though.

Sorry, looks like you've been duped by the memes.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Powercrazy posted:

Have you read the news? Clinton isn't interested in them either. Less then 1% of the victory fund has gone to help anyone down ticket. In fact under her stewardship the DNC has lost more down ticket races.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/clinton-fundraising-leaves-little-for-state-parties-222670

Whereas I have personally donated to 3 down-ticket races because of bernie so....

lol bernouts want that politico story to be legit so bad.

Here's the thing...the victory fund money is for the general election so I don't know why anybody is surprised that very little of it has been dispersed yet. It's also the exact same fundraising system that Obama used in 2008 and 2012 and nobody complained about it then.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

smg77 posted:

lol bernouts want that politico story to be legit so bad.

Here's the thing...the victory fund money is for the general election so I don't know why anybody is surprised that very little of it has been dispersed yet. It's also the exact same fundraising system that Obama used in 2008 and 2012 and nobody complained about it then.
It's a fine thing, but it totally undermines the "hillary cares about down ticket races" narrative, because she doesn.t

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Powercrazy posted:

It's a fine thing, but it totally undermines the "hillary cares about down ticket races" narrative, because she doesn.t

What part of the money will be distributed to downticket races in the general election is confusing to you?

A better question is why isn't Bernie using the same fund he has available to him to do the same thing?

tom kite
Feb 12, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Why should I have any faith that a man whose seat was purchased for him by the NRA and who then vehemently opposed the waiting period as he was instructed will vote the correct way, for that matter?

What the hell? Is this true?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

smg77 posted:

What part of the money will be distributed to downticket races in the general election is confusing to you?

Ok? so If Bernie won, he wouldn't be using those same funds in the general for down ticket races?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Powercrazy posted:

Ok? so If Bernie won, he wouldn't be using those same funds in the general for down ticket races?

Bernie's not raising any funds for downticket races.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Holy poo poo you ignoramus, the DNC doesn't have a 50 state strategy: Indiana will be ignored almost completely this election cycle. They don't give a gently caress about your state even if she were actually raising that money for down ticket races.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Politico confirmed for Right Wing Smears. SMH

tom kite posted:

No. http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Bernie_Sanders_Gun_Control.htm

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

smg77 posted:

Bernie's not raising any funds for downticket races.

But hillary is? How exactly? Is everything the DNC does hillary?

Also Bernie has done a few split fund-raising campaigns for down ticket races so far. Not just split with the DNC (who then funnel it dirctly back into the hillary campaign).

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Yudo posted:

Holy poo poo you ignoramus, the DNC doesn't have a 50 state strategy: Indiana will be ignored almost completely this election cycle. They don't give a gently caress about your state even if she were actually raising that money for down ticket races.

Nice meltdown. :smuggo:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Yudo posted:

Where's the problem here?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Powercrazy posted:

But hillary is? How exactly? Is everything the DNC does hillary?

The DNC set up joint fundraising for both campaigns. Hillary is using hers and Bernie isn't.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tom kite posted:

I'm afraid so

Yudo posted:

Again, I repeat myself, they are already pumping money into my state. This is not speculation at this point, and the campaign has been coordinating with local ones already. Clinton won Indiana in 2008 and it went blue that year, she absolutely believes it is on the table, and with Trump on the GOP side is absolutely could be

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Yudo posted:

There are more autoworkers in Mexico than in the US. Many of those jobs were from detroit and were part of the UAW. Go NAFTA.

If you want to decrease immigration the way to do it is to hire more people in Mexico.

tom kite
Feb 12, 2009

[quote="Epic High Five" post="459488358"]
I'm afraid so

So the NRA puts out some fliers and that totally means Sanders is in bed with the NRA? I still don't see how this means the NRA won him his senate seat

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

I'm afraid so

Again, I repeat myself, they are already pumping money into my state. This is not speculation at this point, and the campaign has been coordinating with local ones already. Clinton won Indiana in 2008 and it went blue that year, she absolutely believes it is on the table, and with Trump on the GOP side is absolutely could be

Not really, no.

https://www.opensecrets.org/states/cands.php?cycle=2016&state=IN https://www.opensecrets.org/states/other.php?cycle=2016&state=IN http://www.followthemoney.org/election-overview?s=IN&y=2016

A whopping $174k when your democratic congressional and state senate candidates are getting killed in individual fundraising. Moreover, the DNC has given peanuts to the democratic gubernatorial challenger vs. millions on the republican side. So, like everything else, you are completely wrong. Hillary Clinton will spend very little money there on her own campaign.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tom kite posted:

I'm afraid so

So the NRA puts out some fliers and that totally means Sanders is in bed with the NRA? I still don't see how this means the NRA won him his senate seat

They met with him and said they'd tell all their people to vote for him over the incumbent Democrat if he agreed to go hard against any gun control, they did and so he did. S4p and Weaver flip the gently caress out about speech transcripts but I'd argue that this sort of thing is way worse ethically.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Wasn't one of the things Bernouts were complaining about the national committee picking favorites in primaries?

They mostly fund after the primaries, not before.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yudo posted:

Not really, no.

https://www.opensecrets.org/states/cands.php?cycle=2016&state=IN https://www.opensecrets.org/states/other.php?cycle=2016&state=IN http://www.followthemoney.org/election-overview?s=IN&y=2016

A whopping $174k when your democratic congressional and state senate candidates are getting killed in individual fundraising. Moreover, the DNC has given peanuts to the democratic gubernatorial challenger vs. millions on the republican side. So, like everything else, you are completely wrong. Hillary Clinton will spend very little money there on her own campaign.

They've already boosted Gregg to the tune of half a million

Also even if your number were correct that's 174k more than Sanders would send down, with absolutely none of the endorsements and inclusion into systems like OFA day 1 that that means

Also:

Kalman posted:

Wasn't one of the things Bernouts were complaining about the national committee picking favorites in primaries?

They mostly fund after the primaries, not before.

Clinton absolutely sees Indiana as in play, and even if it isn't, she sees Gregg as very amenable to her plans to expand Obamacare whereas Pence will be an enormous headache so her life is still made significantly easier by ousting him and his lackeys

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

tom kite posted:

I'm afraid so

He doesn't want to ban all guns which means that he's totally in bed with the gun lobby. Connect the dots. Illuminati confirmed.

tom kite
Feb 12, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

They met with him and said they'd tell all their people to vote for him over the incumbent Democrat if he agreed to go hard against any gun control, they did and so he did. S4p and Weaver flip the gently caress out about speech transcripts but I'd argue that this sort of thing is way worse ethically.

Gimme a link?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

They've already boosted Gregg to the tune of half a million

No, that was Pence from the RGA, Q1 2016. The DNC or its gubernatorial affiliates have not given Gregg that kind of money. Gregg has gotten his largest contributions from unions that are all the weaker due to free trade deals championed by Hillary Clinton.

Yudo has issued a correction as of 06:54 on May 4, 2016

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

tom kite posted:

Gimme a link?

It's in the WaPo article he linked.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

hmmm flyers or invading iraq which one is worse

nopants
May 29, 2004
Frankly, I'm over NAFTA.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

that article posted:

“Bernie Sanders was upfront with us,” an NRA official wrote to one of Smith’s constituents after the race. The letter ended up in another official collection of Smith’s papers. “He was viewed as the lesser of two evils.”

An ironclad alliance, to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

nopants posted:

Frankly, I'm over NAFTA.

Same, op.

• Locked thread