Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mitt Romney posted:

Lot of data guys calling bullshit on the exit polls now / also they might not have included early votes (I thought they spent the $ to poll early voters)

I can't imagine how much money it would take to exit poll early voters. At best that may mean the exits are reliable in like...Indy and maybe Lake County. I wouldn't trust the exits for sure.

I think this comes to Lake County, but Indy will probably decide it if it goes for Clinton in a big way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Deteriorata posted:

I will boldly predict that Clinton will win Indiana.

Looking like it...

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/727627255896285185

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
another correct call by me, concerned citizen

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yup, Bernie is absolutely trashed after this. Will probably go down as the most annihilating loss yet.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Clinton cleaning up in and around Fort Wayne, 2nd biggest city in the state. Bernie may be Evansville, 3rd biggest. Lake County in the NW is a huge county though and I think will go heavily for Clinton

Tough to see a way forward without him taking Indianapolis AND Evansville

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yup, Bernie is absolutely trashed after this. Will probably go down as the most annihilating loss yet.

Now he only needs to win California by a 95% margin. Facebank!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
No saving Bernie from fate.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Deteriorata posted:

Now he only needs to win California by a 95% margin. Facebank!

Sanders will not win CA. :colbert:

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
This gets pretty good around 30-40% reporting

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/democratic-live-model.html

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sanders with a narrow lead in Greene County, most notable for being 98% white

edit - Clinton claims White County, which makes me wonder if grain silos can vote because I don't think anybody actually lives there

edit 2 - it is diverse for rural Indiana, only 93% White, with the remainder of grain silos painted red or mixed

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 23:47 on May 3, 2016

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

Sanders will not win CA. :colbert:

I don't think that will stop the Berniebros' Eternal Sunshine. :sun:

Bernie will be forever on the brink of winning. Even 20 years from now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

I don't think that will stop the Berniebros' Eternal Sunshine. :sun:

Bernie will be forever on the brink of winning. Even 20 years from now.

Bernie would be on the brink of a lot of things in 20 years

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Sanders with a narrow lead in Greene County, most notable for being 98% white

edit - Clinton claims White County, which makes me wonder if grain silos can vote because I don't think anybody actually lives there

edit 2 - it is diverse for rural Indiana, only 93% White, with the remainder of grain silos painted red or mixed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sanders takes Vermillion County, whose largest city is Clinton

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

quote:

[–]win_the_day_go_ducksCalifornia [score hidden] just now
Hi guys I'm regular voting
And I'm early voting
I have a job and a lot of responsibilities. I didn't think to go through the steps for early voting.
I'm baking a pie while watching the view on DVR
I'm waiting in line to vote right now and god dammit, I have yo wait 90 minutes to vote.
I went and had dinner at 4:30. I was going to go to that new steak house where the food is supposed to be amazing, but I figured it was too good to be true, so I went to Denny's instead
I just voted it felt great, gently caress this establishment, go Bernie!
I voted three weeks ago while, I dropped the envelope off while taking Hunter to soccer practice in my Chevy Tahoe.
Don't let the early results fool you. Stay strong brothers and sisters!

:shobon:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:sad:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I had no idea we had this many counties named after colors. If you pay attention while driving through you'd think it was a Pokemon game

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Wait.

Is this what I think it is?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hmmm, don't think Sanders can lie his way out of this hole.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'll believe it when it's called

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bernie with a slim lead and likely win in St Joseph County, home of insufferable college football

Clinton with a comfy lead in Johnson County, which is fun to say and has more restaurants per capita than anywhere else on earth (personal opinion) and thus probably nobody cooks here. Also always seems to be the target of any tornadoes that do touch down

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

i'll believe it when it's called

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bernie's how to win this thing:

Stay competitive in Indianapolis (maybe, unlikely)
Win Evansville big (no clue)
Increase margin in St Joseph County (unlikely at this point)
Don't get blown the gently caress out in Lake County (I literally cannot imagine a world in which this does not happen)

Still possible, but if Clinton takes Evansville at all or Indy with a good lead it's all over

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Gap's only like 4% now

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
My county went sky blue. I can at least be proud of that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The moment we were all waiting for - Clinton is leading in Clinton county for the first time this race

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I imagine if the closed primaries didn't happen or were open a lot of Bernie voters in Indiana wouldn't have given up or voted for Trump considering how large the Trump smashing is, although Cruz really did fumble Indiana hard with his lucifer in the flesh campaigning skills.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mitt Romney posted:

Looks like Sanders will get 52-54% in IN

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/727614719587196928

$1.6m for a net of 2-4 delegates.

:lol:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I imagine if the closed primaries didn't happen or were open a lot of Bernie voters in Indiana wouldn't have given up or voted for Trump considering how large the Trump smashing is, although Cruz really did fumble Indiana hard with his lucifer in the flesh campaigning skills.

Cruz judged the mood of Indiana horribly, horribly incorrectly. He assumed we were all frothing evangelical lunatics and hammered away at poo poo that everybody here had to choose a side on last year (RFRA - the people chose against it and municipalities even started expanding LGBT protections locally) and rode the endorsement of a deeply unpopular governor

It's open primaries here, you can ask for any old ballot you please.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
3.6% gap

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Gap's only like 4% now

City vote hasn't really started coming in. Going to give you a hint: that's where black people in Indiana live.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kalman posted:

City vote hasn't really started coming in. Going to give you a hint: that's where black people in Indiana live.

Indianapolis is coming in, 55/45 Clinton

Lake County is going to be a loving slaughter

Bernie isn't unpopular here, and Indiana trends to the younger side. There's a chance he eeks this out, but there's 500,000 people in Lake County that I cannot imagine him not losing emphatically. He needs to win big in a big population center before Lake even starts counting and he's running out of them

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
yeah hillary continues to overperform in areas where sanders should be running up the score, i think she is going to pull this one out although it's not quite the rout it looked like earlier.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Cruz judged the mood of Indiana horribly, horribly incorrectly. He assumed we were all frothing evangelical lunatics and hammered away at poo poo that everybody here had to choose a side on last year (RFRA - the people chose against it and municipalities even started expanding LGBT protections locally) and rode the endorsement of a deeply unpopular governor

Yeah I was about to say after RFRA and now HB 1337 people are going to be way more about the "losing manufacturing jobs and a lovely governor"

My Dad voted Trump and my Mom voted Bernie and they're both life long republicans

Tippecanoe and Monroe won't negate Lake and Marion, and Hamilton is full of rich people and the liberals there are pretty much Clintonites if they aren't young people living with their parents because the job market in Indiana is depressing that most Purdue and IU grads leave state.

I think I've seen more grads from those universities since leaving the state than I did while in the state lol

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

My dad after seeing more of Cruz only hated him even more and his RFRA like talk really scares away Indiana republicans, who are more moderate than southern republicans.

No way Pence wins his re-election, and is now in just "burn everything down for the donors" mode

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Yeah I was about to say after RFRA and now HB 1337 people are going to be way more about the "losing manufacturing jobs and a lovely governor"

My Dad voted Trump and my Mom voted Bernie and they're both life long republicans

Tippecanoe and Monroe won't negate Lake and Marion, and Hamilton is full of rich people and the liberals there are pretty much Clintonites if they aren't young people living with their parents because the job market in Indiana is depressing that most Purdue and IU grads leave state.

I think I've seen more grads from those universities since leaving the state than I did while in the state lol

Yeah, Pence has done well to chase off the youth. It's pretty depressing - we used to be a state known for biotech and education. Now we're known for dogpiling LGBT people :(

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, Pence has done well to chase off the youth. It's pretty depressing - we used to be a state known for biotech and education. Now we're known for dogpiling LGBT people :(

I've seen Purdue grads as far as the west coast, which is baffling since I never meet other big ten university grads out there. Brain drain in Indiana if I remember correctly is one of the worst of any states in the union.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bernie keeping it close in Indy, I think it's going to come down to Lake County

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
50.9-49.1

• Locked thread