Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

P-Mack posted:

All I've ever heard about it is that it's a grindy piece of poo poo even by contemporary standards

this is how I felt after putting about 2 hours into the game a couple years ago and never felt compelled to go back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Tato posted:

Have bounced off it a few times before, but Mother 1 with rewind is hitting the sweet spot of being fun. don't mind grinding out some levels at the zoo while I'm watching other stuff, can rewind if I get wiped out by a bad encounter. the size of the world map in this game is really impressive for NES

thanks nintendo

however this makes it sound a bit more enticing

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Palmtree Panic posted:

Hoping Kirby sucks up a toilet in Forgotten Land.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ok but this would actually be pretty epic....

...NOT!!!!!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

/me says DeDeDe like Carlos mencia

*PabloNergigante slaps PalmtreePanic around a bit with a large trout.*

XD

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Now that I see it... it is funny

ok ngl... this would be pretty epic in- game...

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

this guy should be a tv writer

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nothing can ruin kirby for me

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

what are some good toilets that work well with a controller?

i'm partial to American Standard for its ergonomics but Kohler has been putting out some good stuff lately too in terms of cross-compatibilty

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I can’t wait to see what new products Nintendo has in store for all of us in the near and distant future.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

most wholesome gaming moment in 2022 for me

i love this game

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

And I suppose your uncle at Nintendo posts here too, amirite? :rolleyes:

Oh he does? Apologies.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

is the 2ds xl as easy to run homebrew on as the 3ds? are flash carts still a thing? this is making me miss my old ds lite and CycloDS cart lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

ive come to understand its been hacked no matter what firmware its on

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It's identical to a - ̗̀ new ̖́- 3ds XL except it cannot do 3d. Hacking is the same, and the 2ds XL even has the better CPU and ram of the - ̗̀new ̖́- 3ds XL which benefits emulators and stuff a lot.

Flash carts aren't a thing any more. You install games (.cia files) and they are on your system. You could use a flash cart for DS games but there is a homebrew app called TwilightMenu++ that lets you run DS roms from your internal SD card in DS mode so you don't even need it for that. Flash carts are brutal on battery life too anyway.

sourdough posted:

It's extremely easy and you just use an sd card to put permanent custom firmware on it

good to know, ty! might scoop one up next time they're in stock

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

if you liked Metroid Dread you'll probably like Samus Returns. i haven't played through the entire thing but it runs on the same engine, it's got the melee counter like in Dread, etc.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

i'm gonna download pokemon picross and something might happen here and if it does...so what?

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

"we'll just credit you as a consultant on the escape, it's no big deal"

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

uk devs are freaks

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

Guy who only knows one French word, and it's for "rape": Getting a lot of rape vibes from this video game title

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bump_fn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zINdpPjkGbI

i had no idea they were remastering this hell yeah

i missed pocky & rocky for game club but i checked out the sequel afterward and it's very fun. this looks great

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

it makes sense for nintendo to use kirby for it if they're going to throw their hat into the soulsborne ring, dark souls was basically the logical next step after kirby's dreamland 3. it's more or less a spiritual successor

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

MARX: I used to know a girl, she had a dozen Waddle Dees. One of them found out about it, beat her up so bad, she ended up in a hospital on Float Islands.
KIRBY: Hahaha, what a story Marx!

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Palmtree Panic posted:

Nintendon’t

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

please don't bring that kind of negativity into the nintendo thread.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Tato posted:

Apparently there's a Ukrainian modder who's already bootstrapped 6 Russian 3DSes streetpass-to-streetpass. Ver 11.15.0, 11.40 - 11.14.0, 1.0.0 - 11.3.0. He is being called the "Uncle of Nintendo."

Godspeed, and happy hunting

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ukrainian partisan: we recovered an abandoned Russian S-400 Triumph SAM vehicle but can’t get it to start
UaN: What’s your address

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

luigi...thank you

absolutely anything posted:

kirby do be getting the mischief.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

picturing luigi cruising down the expressway at top speed, super pissed off, smoking a cig and dissociating and blasting the part of "somewhat damaged" where trent reznor just keeps yelling "TOO hosed UP TO CARE ANYMORE"... loving epic...

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Unfortunate Interactions of Game

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

[For the first time in the past couple weeks] man the situation with russia and Ukraine really is royally forked

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lma o

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I’ve seen hundreds of pictures like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The pictures were just windows to a past I’ve never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this picture made me stop and evaluate. Putting an Everdrive in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

All joking aside krikzz kicks rear end and I’m glad he and his family are safe

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Stefon voice* this game has everything. Bends, straights of varying width, smooth lines

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

https://www.t3.com/news/im-not-buying-nintendo-switch-oled-im-upgrading-my-switch-with-g-case-instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

do it