Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i do too, specifically because it takes the gloves off so early lol whereas 3d world has that new mario problem of "the game doesnt get hard until world 8"

that said, all the levels are still very creative and pretty, and its way better for coop

for sure. if i was going to play co op id choose 3d world way before dk which would obliterate everyone i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have chariot on steam but i was thinking id buy it on my wiiu since thats where im more likely to play a coop game instead of packing people into my tiny study

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Mario Maker made me have this realization, that the majority of people who own a console can barely muster enough brain function to jump over a pit without landing on a piranha plant on the other side

mario maker made me realise that time you run into a pit without jumping and laugh at how dumb that was is like every other normies experience playing a game and theu find it incredibly frustrating and will bash furniture like an ape

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i hope that cafe is still open in september..

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i beat affoedable space adventures yesterday with my friend. good game that makes you yell at each other sometimes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i also beat yoshis wooly world and am going through getting the collectibles i missed and playing the bonus worlds. good day in terms of gaming

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The most epic possibility would be something backwards compatible with every Nintendo console, like a legitimate version of those 12 in 1 retro consoles

thats my dream

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im buying it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nintendo is going to make a trillion dollars

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just took out a $100k loan to invest in ninty

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im playing metroid prime for the first time and got legit excited when i saw 3d ridley for the first time in my life

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

wot version?

wii trilogy off the eshop

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the only prime i had played before was hunters lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

that's the only Metroid I haven't played

its ok from what i remember but doesnt really feel like metroid at all and you end up getting hand cramps after playing for awhile

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whats the difference in the lock on options?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i say this having beat the hive mecha already lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

One let's you free aim while still locked on and the other is the original where you stay locked on and just shoot directly at the target

i guess im using the free aim which seems better to me?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

metroid prime is okay but there's too much scanning things

i noticed that but i do appreciate someone has gone and written individual descriptions for the thousands of wall ornaments in the game for me to scan and not even bother reading

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i forgot the name of the boss in prime but its the one where you have to shoot the mirrors so you can bomb its roots. well it bugged out halfway through the fight and they wouldnt get stunned when i flipped the mirrors so i had to reload a save lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

frank.club posted:

anyways i hope everyone buys 20 NES boxes so ninty will be encouraged to make a snes version

i know i will

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whats awesome about metroid prime is it still has that feeling of you feel like you broke the game or you found some incredible secret and theres a powerup at the end lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's cool because it has that feel the whole time and you think "well it's a modern 3D game that was too well crafted to have exploits", but then you look up http://www.metroid2002.com/ and have your mind blown

its so loving badass... im in love with samus all over again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

me playing metroid game post metroid 2: metroids!? i thought they were extinct!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got to the invisible boss in the phazon mines, i hadnt saved in ages and he kicked my loving rear end since i was already low on health so i rage quit for the night. my first death...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

there must be a save point in that area before that room but if there is it took real skill to miss it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

nope, the first save room from the start is after that boss, it's a long scary trek

gah!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i didnt think about it at the time but is the wave buster the best weapon to use on that boss? i currently have 105 missiles but no idea if it will home or not

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

it's the only way to beat him if you're sequence breaking and skipped all the extra visors, since it homes on without having to lock on to him

it appears my powerful gamer brain has solved another devious metroid puzzle

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also i forgot to mention but the missile pack you get by jumping onto an invisible platform to just read the gap behind a tree is loving horseshit and its actually incredible i worked that out without a guide of any sort

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

wave buster completely destroyed that cloaked bastard. now i im back to exploring every new area i can access since im playing with the hint system off

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

I only trust nintendo direct

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

eurogamer driving around in a white van offering to show kids their new nintendo nx

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[in the sega voice] nintendo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have the plasma beam now. i have the whole world in front of me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just jumped on the eshop and theres a turbografx-16 section now (r-type, bonks adventure and new adventure island)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ya i looked it up and it lloks like theyre porting lots of the wii ones so i hope rondo of blood is up soon

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i decided to buy wind waker as my play in bed game since mario 64 was making me too mad and my girlfriend got sick of me kicking and bouncing like a little baby whole she tries to sleep

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ka0 posted:

You dummies are really silly calling me a troll. I should ask, why haven't any of you gotten tired of zelda games yet. It's the same crap over and over. At least those new pokemon games are trying different things now. It's the same with fire emblem. I wish advance wars was still a thing because those games were fun as hell.

im going to answer this. tell me how lttp is exactly the same as majoras mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ka0 posted:

bro those games came out decades ago.

then tell me how everything we know about breathe of the wild is the same dumbass