Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

scary ghost dog posted:

what about this one

This game was published by a jazz record label that also put out cool promotional cassettes for their games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsiVHi22ZgI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

elf help book posted:

it would also be funny if the direct opened with waluigi getting shot in the head

Leon S. Kennedy confirmed?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

American McGay posted:

Reminder that a direct did open with Luigi getting his head chopped off by the angel of Death in vivid cg detail.

I remember this

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Kirb of Us

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's fine

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Heath posted:

It's fine

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
After putting about two hours into it

pros: plays well, music rules, lots of expanded content on the original

cons: it is pretty ugly. it looks alright, but it also doesn't. I have some small nostalgia for this kind of chunky animation because it kinda looks like if ActRaiser got a sequel on the Sega Saturn. Which is at least novel. But at the same time it's kind of hard to distinguish stuff from the background, a problem the devs seem to have been aware of because projectiles have a searing red aura around them

The sim portion got a whole lot more put into it than the action sections did. The action stages took a couple minutes to finish while the sim portion took me over an hour to develop Fillmore. They've greatly expanded the depth of the sim portion with occasional tower defense style raids where you can build structures to return fire on enemies and drop barricades. You also get a hero character to direct around to hit stuff. They kinda tried to balance it out by making it so when your citizens clear a monster hovel that you have to go in and do a single-room action stage where you mash on a "spawner" for a minute and then it's over. Seems very much like an afterthought where they could have easily designed some beefier mini-stages but didn't, so there's that

Probably not worth 30 bucks but on sale for 15 I think it'd be pretty solid. the sim part is pretty fun imo.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Snake: shes a drat fool. they will see those glowing sneakers from a mile away

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
baby blue top and the boob with the sock (the sock)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

NienNunb posted:

Didn’t appreciate the way Sakurai rubbed the new Roderigo amiibo’s little head like an erect nipple.

he was establishing dominance. I respect it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Augus posted:

what ethnicity is minecraft steve

PoC (person of cube)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
*scanning my brain files for a black Nintendo character* mike Tyson

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Racism, in video games.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

mycophobia posted:

the indefinitely borrowed wii u copy of super mario 3d world i have didnt want to work so i went to the store and bought the switch version. its the only mainline mario i havent beaten

you've made a good choice. Mario is extremely hweel

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

scary ghost dog posted:

your purple joycon is cool

I did up my whole Switch like that and I wonder if the transparent back panels fit on the OLED one

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

scary ghost dog posted:

theres a local video game store near me that sells custom joycons like those but theyre like $80 for a set so i only look at them and wonder

80 for a pair isn't a bad price unless they're junky refurbs

If you want to do it yourself it's pretty simple, I think the only real stop gap is getting the right tools for it but Amazon sells a kit for 15 bucks that will open any Nintendo system

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I remember thinking Infinite was super bad even at the time and it was like the internet's most darling game when it came out

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Fartlancer posted:

the smartest forum on the net

debate me. coward

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I do

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
When do we get the N64 games on the Switch

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
https://youtu.be/C-t9y0Hcp5U

Think about this song often

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Ready for N64 expansion pack on Monday. I really want to play some old school Mario kart 64 against people online.

ganbatte.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Fucker posted:

id rather emulate at computer

Fucker!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tato posted:

everyone bitching about N64/Genesis, missing the highest quality emulation of the week

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/abarenbo-tengu-and-zombie-nation-switch/

excitengu

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Agreed.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Haha, a classic joke advertisement in 90s Nickelodeon comic books

Edit: Wait, it was real?! :wth:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Cheep Cheep witch is aces

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Fond of this

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

NienNunb posted:

Peach’s Castle has such a lonely, empty vibe. Never played a game that fully replicated that feeling.

The one room in the upper right? area where you enter the giant fish tank stage. Something eerie about it. The garden also

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I think the soundscape had a lot to do with the eeriness of N64 games. Footsteps in 64 games sound really hollow and spooky, maybe it's compressed or something, I don't know the technicals

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That's a hell of a mea culpa release which means we will be getting EarthBound soon

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

"This glitch has really licked me out of playing this game" - me to an empty room

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Advantage is a good controller but it wouldn't be my first choice for testing a game for the first time :baduk:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do you think he actually got a complaint or was that a preemptive apology

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Caithness posted:

Is there a mod I can do to my nes to disable the piracy lockout chip so my games will start without hours of fiddling to find exactly the right cartridge position?

Yes but it involves snipping a piece

Someone on these forums, like 10 years ago, recommended me something that worked really well, basically if you have a toaster NES you can remove the connector piece and go in with a small flathead screwdriver and physically bend each of the connectors upward slightly. after decades of use they tend to get flattened and don't make good contact, and that + dirty cartridges is the primary cause of needing to fiddle with it. That has worked wonders

They also recommended using Brasso to clean the cartridge connectors and there's some debate about how healthy it is for the cartridge but I'll tell you from experience that that poo poo works. You take a tiny(!!) amount on a q-tip and scrub the contacts of the cartridge vigorously and you will see an unbelievable amount of gunk come off of contacts that otherwise look clean. I've brought back completely corroded cartridges using that stuff and it's amazing how much poo poo you can get off with it. Stuff I cleaned a decade ago still works flawlessly. I would usually go over it again with a little high concentration alcohol (70%+) to take off any remaining Brasso and that's kept me going for a long time now

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The little Nidoran launcher whips rear end

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

:c00l: Cowabunga.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nice Heiankyo Alien, I thought only me and Jeremy Parish played that