Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is it confirmed that a majority (if not all) of the Switches online functionality is on your phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

no one knows anything yet, they keep saying "maybe" to any questions they get. the wiiu had usernames and fairly standard online so i wouldnt worry too much

Yeah but that seems like a really weird thing to keep under wraps when this thing is literally out in 6 weeks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Voice chat on consoles is basically dead anyway, but I can't help remembering my time playing Smash Bros online using skype in 2008 and the fact that Nintendo hasn't evolved passed that is incredibly lovely to think about

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gently caress off

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The mic on nintendo condoles/handhelds has only been used to blow up balloons in Mario kart for the past 15 years.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i think you can shout into it in pheonix wright. there's probably an obnoxious gimmick in one of the ds zeldas that uses it too. AND i bet in the world ends with you

uhhh, i think you might be right about TWEWY? My memory is hazy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TWEWY is the only game to use all of the Nintendo DS functionality to its fullest potential and it is a mother loving crime that there hasn't been a sequel.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

lol I sat next to some British kids on a flight last year and when they saw my 3ds they made me download-play Mario Kart, I was their noob shy guy friend. The older one (like ten) said his friends call him the driftmaster. When we raced he kicked my rear end and said "You're better than I thought... But nobody beats the driftmaster."

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It looks like Nintendo is finally ditching that Apple-wannabe smooth white aesthetic and going back to classic red and black. Also check out the game they're showing on the screen

*airhorns in korean*

https://a.pomf.cat/jncrpt.webm

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My first gaming memory is watching my uncle play Myst and being really scared at the chest you can crack open to reveal human teeth/gore

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My buddy Geno got an anchovy pizza while we were playing Maple Story and hated it, so he slid it under his couch and forgot about it for a few weeks.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've played and beaten Mario 3 a few times and it's good, but I never understood the ppl who swear by it as the pinnacle of 2d Mario when SMW and Yoshi's Island exist

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

mario 3 just has better levels

The airships own, but those are like the only M3 levels I can remember offhand whereas I can pretty much picture the entire SMW layout in my big gamer brain.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Zool - Lateralus

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nintendo selling a season pass for Zelda that comes with 3 Lootboxes only if you buy it on release day, lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've used medical instruments with more personality than that UI

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The most important part: will new game unwrapping match the 3ds?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The black matte dsi is the slickest thing Nintendo has produced since the SP

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Miiverse already had that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I never scrolled down far enough to see the saved screenshots..

:suspense::ughh:

I think the screenshot folder is relatively new still, like within the last year or so. I love it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shovel Knight is 10 bucks on 3ds so I'm gonna buy it a 2nd time. Question tho, is the Plague Knight DLC still free with that purchase?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

shiggity shiggity shwa

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The 3ds had a terrible launch as well, and eventually built one of the strongest libraries in gaming history. Can that happen for the switch?? It could, but that library needs to be beefed up considerably faster than the 3ds, since the only other competitor was the drat vita. I still have a little hope for it at the moment but if E3/TGS is more of the same then I don't think I'll bother.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Exclusives don't mean much to me anymore. I like Nintendo games but not enough to buy a system just for them. 90% of my 3ds games aren't made by Nintendo and I want the switch to turn out the same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

put it in a dominos pizza box

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Barnes And Body Works posted:

i hope it good game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1W9ib-hqc&t=132s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

One Red Ring to Rule them All

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nice. You spring for the 48 pack? :D

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Milkman posted:

the dude i was talking to while waiting in line for the system was a fairly hardcore nintendo fan NES through Wii and only found out this wasn't the case a few months ago

Sounds like he's retarded.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lol nice. Just delivered a beer to Dennis Leary who was in the middle of his a-hole song. He asked if I had a Switch yet and I said no and a new verse was born.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I only work in specified places, while handicapped gamers, make handicapped faces, I'm Amiibo-eyo-eyo-eyoooo!!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

oddium posted:

breathe of the wild is already out actually

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Looks like kingdom hearts, sort of.

mods

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

They could do the 3ds thing where the tablet is 2d and the tv is full 3d but I don't think the switch even does that?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

inferis posted:

i would buy hyrule warriors a third time when it comes out for switch

I just got this on 3ds but haven't messed around w/it much. Seems legit even tho I don't understand the fairy aspect at all.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I might get a splatoon bundle this summer but idk if I'd even like that game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCxWFG3rxQw

Radiant Historia and SMT Strange Journey remakes for 3DS

I have played but never beat either of these games, so, sah-weet!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

did some digging around in the attic and came across maybe the rarest game boy ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Okay I actually want that one. I hope the games aren't garbage