Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soral
May 30, 2009

breaking news from nintendo

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/729711869779279872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

holy poo poo

Soral
May 30, 2009

i wasnt going to get an nx right away but now i think i probably will

Soral
May 30, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

What If Link Were Gay

he is

Soral
May 30, 2009

locking the slot open is just asking for tons of dust in the machine..........

Soral
May 30, 2009

i vaguely recall someone from nintendo repeatedly stressing that colour splash was NOT going to be like sticker star at all on twitter or something when it was first revealed. but here we are

Soral
May 30, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

my desire to see paper mario fans be upset vastly outweighs my desire to see another paper mario game that's better than just okay, which is what the last couple have been

Psychologists vie to enumerate the facets of sociopathy. Joseph Newman argues that the sociopath has an attention bottleneck that allows him to focus only on one activity or train of thought, to the exclusion of others. Researchers, including Howard Kamler, say that the sociopath lacks not "moral" identity but self-identity altogether. Yet nowhere do I recognize myself more than in Hervey Cleckley's clinical profiles. In The Mask of Sanity, published in 1941, Cleckley distilled what he believed to be the 16 key behavioral characteristics that defined psychopathy. Most of these factors are still used today to diagnose sociopaths/psychopaths and others with antisocial disorders. (Psychopathy and sociopathy are terms with an intertwined clinical history, and they are now largely used interchangeably. The DSM excludes both, in favor of antisocial personality disorder.)

Superficial charm and good intelligence
Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking
Absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations
Unreliability
Untruthfulness and insincerity
Lack of remorse and shame
Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior
Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience
Pathologic egocentricity and incapacity for love
General poverty in major affective reactions
Specific loss of insight
Unresponsiveness in general interpersonal relations
Fantastic and uninviting behavior with alcohol and sometimes without
Suicide threats rarely carried out
Sex life impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated
Failure to follow any life plan

See also: Confessions of a Sociopath

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

There's no way that's real image.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/745058670036213760

Soral
May 30, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Polygon gave it a loving 9.5 though

polygon must be stopped

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm going to purchase an NX on launch day

Soral
May 30, 2009

haha

Soral
May 30, 2009

gotta be callie

Soral
May 30, 2009

i dont like the final boss of smash 4. its really lame

Soral
May 30, 2009

pokemon go is now available, in new zealand

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwHZwvTdnPI

Soral
May 30, 2009

lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

if those nes controllers were usb i would buy 10 of them

Soral
May 30, 2009

some of my favourite boss fights in the series are in metroid prime 3

Soral
May 30, 2009

imagine if Gone Home (2013) had a scan visor

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

nearly 16,000 people were watching two djs work out technical difficulties while a man in a sonic costume danced nearby on a feed that was completely silent other than a high pitched buzzing noise

Soral
May 30, 2009

this stream is the most hosed up thing ever and i'm loving it. the audio problems are real

Soral
May 30, 2009

the guy who runs the sonic twitter account is announcing the next sonic game and just before he said anything the audio cut out and it still isnt back. its just a silent video of him talking interspersed with crowd reaction shots

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmtYdEWVzo

Soral
May 30, 2009

the new sonic looks loving incredible to be completely honest, and i'll be getting it day 1

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic is a nintendo franchise ever since sega lost the console wars of the nineties

Soral
May 30, 2009

i wish crush40 played at every gaming event. this rules

Soral
May 30, 2009

elf help book posted:

that new game trailer didnt have a nintendo console listed at the end

very well

Soral
May 30, 2009

Nintendo's upcoming NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers, a number of sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.

Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.

A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

Soral
May 30, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm ok with this

But I still don't understand them when they say it's not a Wii U replacement

because its a 3ds replacement

Soral
May 30, 2009

the nx is a very powerful handheld system that can hook up to a tv, not a home console system that you can take with you on the go. i hope this helps you understand why it is not being advertised as a replacement for the home console system that nintendo already sells.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

You're incredibly wrong and I'm just sitting here laughing thinking about it.

unfortunately its the truth

Soral
May 30, 2009

nintendo announces a new portable system powered by the nvidia tegra, a mobile processor built for a perfect balance between power and battery life, that plays games off cartridges, a medium with better performance on the go than discs that are more popular for home gaming experiences
uneducated sony fanboy: i'm not going to preorder this console, i already have a perfectly good wii u
me (very smart, lifelong nintendo fan): i cant wait to buy nintendos new handheld mobile gaming system so i can play it out and about on the go, or hook it up to my tv when not in public

Soral
May 30, 2009

Peztopiary posted:

Soral is the person who broke the heart of gamers everywhere with the Mario Maker fire update picture. I choose to believe the new system will be cool instead of a Wii-U Portable.

ok but i promise this one is real though

Soral
May 30, 2009

ive been optimistically looking forward to the great unification of the nintendo eshop ever since indie devs started pushing for crossbuy between wii u and 3ds

Soral
May 30, 2009

there are loads of virtual console titles on the eshop that have been released for multiple systems

Soral
May 30, 2009

i feel guilty for purchasing a used amiibo yesterday

Soral
May 30, 2009

sometimes when i boot up a nintendo game i say "nintendo!" out loud in the voices from animal crossing that says nintendo when you boot it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaMokZN9u6M