Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

goferchan posted:

There's no wrong way to do it, but IMO its worth saving your energy to shoot for platinums on Infinite Climax. It's not THAT much harder than hard mode mechanically, it's just more intense and fun thanks to remixed enemy encounters and new boss movesets. Also it doesn't take away your witch time like Bayo 1 did

I didn’t realize that you could keep witch time so I equipped the beads the first time I tried it and had a tough time. I’ll probably revisit it v soon. I’m basically done with plat on hard anyways.

Is using Rosa for infinite climax a good idea? I found it was super easy to get some plat trophies with her

I usually use bayo with rashaska/alrune which is prob scrub tier weapons or whatever but I am used to the combos and they are quick. I’m trying to learn how to do the dodge offsets but I find it loving hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I found my GameCube at my parents but I no longer have any of the cables for it. Is there a place to get them that isn’t some Chinese garbage that will stop working in a week?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Amazon. Third-party power and TV connection cables of whatever sort aren't much of a problem. But you want to make sure you have official Nintendo controllers.

I still have 3 official gc controllers thank heavens. One has a slight cut in the wire casing though so it’s exposed the wire. I put some electrical tape on it and am hoping for the best.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

I just finished pikmin 2 again and it was great. Best pikmin game for sure

I really felt that 1 was a perfect pikmin game. I didn’t like the greater focus on combat in 2, huge battles were rare in one so the build up felt really significant.

It was charming in its simplicity and I feel each subsequent game is worse. I know this is generally a bad opinion.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I finished botw on master mode and I am never going to bother with that again. I will probably start another play through on normal this week though. Strong spring feels from botw

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Do you get a better ending or even like a cooler title screen for beating Master quest?

No it’s all the same.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Cobalt Viper posted:

Linkle is basically Bayonetta but made by Nintendo and instead of demon summons she has cucco.

after watching a gameplay video of her I would agree.

It would be cool if platinum worked with Nintendo on a Zelda like they did with square for nier. What was their relationship like after they did starfox? It had so much potential

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Super Mario party looks really fun. I like the idea that the console kinda acts like a board game itself but I worry about how much it relies on two switches

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Mario sunshine gives powerful summer feels and I would love to play it rn.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

its really good and very overlooked unfortunately

The bonus levels are really good

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Plugged in my GameCube for the first time in ten years. System, controllers, memory cards etc all still work perfectly so I played a few rounds of Melee with my kids.

Trying to decide if I should check in on my Animal Crossing town or if I'm better off not seeing the decrepit ruins.

I can’t find any of the video cables for my Wii or GC and the Chinese ones that are on amazon have all the same reviews, basically between “these work great” to “they caught on fire when I took them out of the box” so I dunno what to do

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’ll second the waverace revival. Blue storm was sick

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If you wake up and don’t want to smile
If it takes just a little while
Open your eyes and look at the day
You’ll see things in a different way
Don’t stop

Every year is better than before.

I was thinking about bayo 3 today and how I’m upset there is no new info from e3 about it

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the desert one looks awesome

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

love the AC one

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Did any development happen on mega man legends 3 before it was canned?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I am playing through wind waker hd and holy gently caress does the fast sail ever improve the game infinitely.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I would love Nintendo more if they made a gamecube vc

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’ve been playing through Mario galaxy again for the first time since it’s release and it’s still so good but I wish i could play it in a higher res without having to deal with ROMs cause 480p looks awful.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

American McGay posted:

Play it in Dolphin in 1080p. GameCube and Wii games look so freaking good upscaled you'd be an idiot not to take advantage of it.

I know, years ago I used dolphin and it was loving awesome. Mario sunshine in 1080p looked amazing and people even released some texture packs for it. I am just lazy and don’t want to set up my laptop to work with my home theatre system and also set up my wii to rip the discs to make the ROMs. I just want Nintendo to do it and take my money

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my wife bought my son Mario pyjamas and he was very excited about putting them on tonight.

I’ve started playing OoT 3ds and it looks really great. the lighting in particular makes a huge difference. I just made it to castle town and I don’t know if it’s just nostalgia speaking but so far the game seems to have aged pretty well.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Where was Captain Toad all those years before Mario Galaxy, then? Just sitting on his butt, watching?

How do you think he became captain? He was quietly putting work in.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

Captain Toad has got to be pretty freakin swole with all the treasure he lugs around all day.

He can’t jump cause his knees are hosed now from all the treasure lifting

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Luigi’s mansion is really good but I wish they just made a switch remake.

When future shop existed, they were giving away copies of Luigi’s mansion if you preordered Mario sunshine. It was probably the best preorder bonus there has ever been

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Over There posted:

I'm really enjoying Okami and it's scratching that Zelda itch I've been having.

it’s really beautiful, even running around feels enjoyable. it does start very slow which I noticed playing through it recently.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i cant see how. they dont even do anything.

Yeah newborn time is sweet for gaming because you are often not really able to go out or whatever but they are just sleeping or eating so you can sit and game with them. In a few weeks it gets worse.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The goose game looks v fun. Dragon marked for death would be a cool couch co op game

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

wii u is where i first played it. i miss the per room miiverse notes. i miss miiverse

why was miiverse canned? the quality of content given it’s relatively small size was staggering.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

glad it's finally been settled

the ruling has been passed

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

its not just me right. like tom nook and stuff like that and the way some of the villagers are obviously alcoholics or proanably serial killers or just outright bastards of the highest order .. theres a kind of shadow over innsmouth vibe to it

yoko taro talking about animal crossing was funny

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I never played katamari so that is cool. Also Mario party looks like it may be pretty good?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The armoured core game looks really stylish. What is up with that star fox thing though? Just some dlc for a Ubisoft game?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I wish star fox zero didn’t suck so much. The actual classic star fox stuff was great but everything else and the controls were miserable.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ff tactics on Switch. Please

All of them.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

Is a yellow remake for the Pokémon Go people who they think don't actually want to play a real Pokémon game I guess.

That is a lot of people. Pokémon games can be a bit tedious

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

those are also for kids and now have a "mario can't die at all" mode/ funky kong mode so they're also for babies.

it’s really great for people with disabilities and it’s nice to make something accessible for everyone when you realize how much is closed off to some people.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

an actual dog posted:

sort of like how food tastes better outside Golden Sun felt a cooler than it actually was cause it was on the GBA

Yeah it looked pretty exceptional for the time but when I tried to play it a few years back it was pretty unremarkable. It’s enjoyable enough I guess

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

where’s my GameCube games

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The big mansion works much better than the dark moon style of different levels. I wish it was coming for switch instead of the 3ds but it’s an underrated game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I loved okami when I first played it but getting through the first bit is a slog. It’s a pretty slow game overall but i think that was somewhat intentional.