Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Make space because it's the best platformer on the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

One nintendo fail: the new kirby is already translated but not released in the US yet. I need to get my robobot on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

be patient. kirby games are excellent. you will not regret the wait.

I know. My friend is playing it already and I'm jealous. Triple Deluxe is my fave kirby

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Prime 1 is one of the best games of that generation and I'm always surprised to hear some people don't like it. Prime 2 was also pretty dang good but I think the world in Prime 1 is much more put together, or at least feels more natural. I bought Prime Trilogy for the Wii a while back and have been meaning to do a 1-2-3 triple feature sometime.

No I definitely like Prime 1 but Prime 2 is just more my style of game. I don't like any of the bosses in Prime 1 and 2 has boss after amazing boss. The puzzles in Prime 2 are more interesting to me as well. Retro made the world and gameplay way more complicated and I'm a big fan of that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Get Bayo 2 and play tag climax with me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Or if you wanna wait for a pro controller for bayo get wonderful 101

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I hope Nintendo lets other game companies know how they managed to give their wireless controller a 10+ hour battery life so I don't have to charge my DS4 every time I turn my console off

It's more like 50. I played all of Dark souls 3 without ever charging. FFXIII needed 1 charge though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Yo DK Tropical Freeze is one of the best sidescrollers I've ever played in my life . The roll/jump physics took a minute to get used to (did Donkey Kong Country work like that?? I remember being able to hold B to sprint and not having to roll-jump for max momentum but maybe Im wrong) but now it's clicked and it's incredible

yeah it's amazing, has a ton of great bonus levels for getting the KONG letters and it has a really hard and fun hard mode. best platformer on the wii u imo, though 3d world is great

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

On your next flight bring your gamepad and Wii u in your backpack and plug it into the airplane seat, ftw

every time i bring my wii u in my backpack to stop from having to check a bag they always pull it out of my bag and use explosive detection wipes on it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Uh oh, spaghetti-os

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm getting Explorers of Sky and playing as mudkip.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I mostly buy digital because I live in one room atm and I would probably drown in video games if I didn't. I also get really excited for new games and want to play them the second they're available

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I liked mudkip way before the meme...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

these aren't dots

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wii but with eyeballs dotting the two i's.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

almost none of the games for vr are cool.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wish I still lived in Japan...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Average Gamer: Monster Hunter 3U is pretty great, i hope they port the sequel to Wii U too so I can hunt more monsters without my hands cramping up!

Me, after poring over sales charts: I'm sure they will... *puts a gun to the back of his head as my eyes well up with tears*

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

Confirmed for Europe and North America

http://nintendoclassicmini.nintendo....t

REDMOND, Wash., July 14, 2016 – If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

What’s old is new again with the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. Relive past glories. Finish off that boss you never beat. Save the galaxy and rescue the princess!

My grandma is getting the gift of game this year.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/756143377779871746/photo/1

loll

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

free games own

not this one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Not only that but metroids never truly stayed extinct. hell samus is one now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nintendo's getting a cool $17.98 from me today. Kirby Mass Attack is out on Wii U and Kirby’s Dream Course just hit the new 3DS.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GRH0Q43u8g

i got it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Is it fascism yet posted:

im still playing lbw and its great but i wish it wasnt so easy

Play 3 hearts with green mail and the master sword. Plus no bottles or maimai upgrades.

I died 85 times doing that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

*3 dvd cases stacked on each other

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

galaxy 2 is one of the best videogames ive ever played

The week that it came out was one of the greatest in my life. I got all 242 stars and loved every second. I think after the 120 star challenge is done I'll do the 242 star challenge in HD.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

Announcement of mario 64 for 3ds for everyone starting the 120 star challenge

They just released 64 DS on the Wii U.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Picross 3D 2 :dogbutton:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Which system is Mario's Multiple Sports Madness Mix for?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Picross 3D isn't much like Picross btw, try poke picross if you wanna see what it's like

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I was thinking of just picking up Picross e so I don't have to worry about F2P stuff.

Good plan

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pound that magnificent rear end.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My school gaming was this during computer class

2 players, 1 keyboard. man I miss that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GameCube always was the least popular one.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://youtu.be/QWD88E6Arv0

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Me, in 3 days when Paper Mario Color Splash is released.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

1) TBG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Milkman posted:

happy paper mario day everyone

It just got delivered... can't wait to get home