Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

stupid rear end bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oliwan posted:

none of these games will be played in 30 years, whereas people will still be playing nes and snes. like honestly, pikmin? mario kart 8?
Lmao yes they will. Not everyone shares your opinions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Child born in 2032: Oh boy, I can't wait to play this classic game from 1992! I like it way more than a game from 2015! I'm real!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

*unleashes tiny controller nunchakus on terrorist trying to hijack plane: its super effective bitch
I don't get it, why would you introduce yourself?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Tbh its unlikely you'll be able to have more than a handful of games at a time if it's 32gb internal storage. Wii U is already pushing it. Unless you want to carry around an external ssd everywhere.
It's SD-card compatible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's the middle bit the two controller halves are attached to? Battery?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

The shift-motes look like guns, I see a sharp increase in police shootings of blacks in the urban core. Especially around basketball courts.

"Get on the ground! Put your hands up!" - cops

"gently caress the police! This a shift!" - darkies

"That must be a code word for drugs or gun!" BAM BAM "were confiscating this as evidence 😏" - cops

(Three hours later)

"Hey nice work on that self defense arrest john...... *sips coffee* anyway, you want to play some mario kart?"
This is the worst post I've ever seen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

are you telling me this console doesnt have a camera? but what if miyamoto wants to make a mario game controlled by hopping an amiibo around your living room?
I would purchase this immediately.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Good news for all my fellow Tatsu fans out there: Xenoblade Chronicles X is rumored to be re-released on the Switch. Cannot wait to double dip and relive all those magical moments (and holy poo poo don't forget Lin's epic goofs!)
It will be a better game without all the loading times, at least.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Soral posted:

uh... ok, dude whos only post in the imp zone is this one
The epicly pissed-off lurker.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, the N64 had four more games at launch than the PS4 has now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

if each controller can be broken into two little SNES controllers, then Im gonna need Bomberman on this sucker immediately
It's finally time. A new Bomberman vs Wario game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'll be buying 4 switches instead of the measly 2 WiiUs u own!!
I'm going to buy 64 of them, because of the classic Nintendo 64 meme, in which Nintendo released a console with a number (funny number) in the name.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

when i was a kid i got a fever so high i started hallucinating slightly, i had the SNES mario all stars, was playing 2 and in the haze i discovered the warp jar for the first time and i thought i had become completely unhinged and started screaming for my mom to take me to the hospital

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

my wheelhouse posted:

What are some Imp Zone official sanctioned Wii U games that I should get?
Splatoon, Mario 3-D World, both Bayonettas, Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, Mario Maker, Captain Toad, Yoshi's Wooly World, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I would only add MK8 w/ all dlc. Then you're golden.
This too. I also like Smash Bros but realize it's not for everyone since netplay isn't great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Awesome.

edit: Hell, if you get enough buzz for it you Ninty might even offer you a position!
I already have the only Nintendo position I need: on my knees, waiting for the release of new Amiibos.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

:moonrio:

This should go live soon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

New Donk City

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Named for the old English city of Donk.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm not buying the pro controller, I'm just going to tape all my Amiibos together and then use them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

j/k I just sent Nintendo $70 in an envelope to practice for buying one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Solaire in Smash Bros Switch
They have to add a Castlevania guy first.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How many games did the NES launch with besides Mario Bros?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I guess Gyromite, because it launched with ROB.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SMW was basically the only game I 100 percented as a kid. Unlocking the alternate world with the changed sprites was crazy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I hope its not Metroid or DOnkey Kong
I hope it's both, and I hope Samus rides on Donkey Kong's shoulders.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/the-first-kirby-game-was-programmed-without-a-keyboard/

The tidbit comes from a talk Sakurai gave ahead of a Japanese orchestral performance celebrating the 25th anniversary of the original Game Boy release of Kirby's Dream Land in 1992. As reported by Game Watch (and wonderfully translated by the Patreon-supported Source Gaming), Sakurai recalled how HAL Laboratory was using a Twin Famicom as a development kit at the time. Trying to program on the hardware, which combined a cartridge-based Famicom and the disk-based Famicom Disk System, was “like using a lunchbox to make lunch,” Sakurai said.

As if the limited power wasn't bad enough, Sakurai revealed that the Twin Famicom testbed they were using "didn’t even have keyboard support, meaning values had to be input using a trackball and an on-screen keyboard." Those kinds of visual programming languages may be fashionable now, but having a physical keyboard to type in values or edit instruction would have probably still been welcome back in the early '90s.

Sakurai, who was 20 at the time, says he simply thought this keyboard-free programming environment was "the way it was done," and he coded an entire functional test product using just the trackball. He even says the process led to some improvements managing the game's "data processing load," creating "a game that had a very smooth movement for a Game Boy game."
Holy poo poo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That raised Babble...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

My favorite recent miyamoto story is when he tried an early Breath of the Wild build he spent an hour doing nothing except climbing trees in the area you start in
He is legally not allowed to climb trees in real life.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

8 unique personalities, such as #sassy #nofilter. Not sold yet? Okay, try this on for size: there's also the crazy one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

3DS is getting a western release of the latest RPG maker .... i would have been all over that poo poo like 15 years ago . A separate RPG Player app will be free to download for everyone that let's you play the games people have made, which is cool
This seems neat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would never use it because lmao at the idea of typing poo poo on a 3DS but it's cool anyway.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

googling the Capcom recreational baseball league schedule
Announcer: And it's a double!

Me: Boom. Two shots.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they give it a proper controller cord and make it possible to get one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Will the inevitable n64 one have tetrisphere or the new tetris?
Gamecube machine... imagine it. Holy poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Soral posted:

what the gently caress does this post say
He beat (defeated) the final boss (last boss) with a bunch of Red Mages! A samurai on his team [was] healing and countering. They didn't stop after he cold nutted. [Suggestion:] Brute force it with Dark Knight canned meat product.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

They should have called it Samus Returns to Gamestop, because that's where every copy is going to end up
After saving the galaxy, Samus' mission is over. She returns to the greatest place in the universe as assistant manager. The great deals are at peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh man king knight looks like Specter Knight but he can do the airdash anywhere. I'll probably buy that game for a third time so I can play it on Switch lol
It's one of the best games ever made.