Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Really loved Mario Tennis back in the day. Never played Ultra Smash, what was wrong with it?

One problem was that there was so little content on offer. The only single player game mode with any substance was a challenge mode where you battled each character in order in a 2 game match; no RPG mode, story mode nor even tournament mode was offered. Plus, with this lack of content, the initial price was $50. The style of the game seemed to aim for a more serious vibe as there are no gimmick courts in the game, no real differences between characters aside from speed/shot power, and unlocks came from spending in-game currency rather than achieving anything. There was a gimmick mode where players could eat Mega Mushrooms and power up their shots that way, but it wasn't great. Really, my main problem with the game is that it is another example of recent Mario sports games (also included would be Mario Sports Superstars) breaking away from their old appeal back in the Gamecube era where they were crazy games with a sport as a basis rather than sport games with slight liberties taken. I really hope Aces goes back to that time and brings back Power Shots or some sort of energy.

I'm probably getting a Switch soon, but I will immediately buy one if and when a Strikers sequel is announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

extremebuff posted:

the return of mario strikers please

This.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

You should be honored to pay only $60 for a Nintendo game. They’re worth one million dollars each.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

American McGay posted:

It looks amazeballs and all the metroidheads crying in their Cookie Crisp about how it's being made by a chad team of Spaniards instead of the 100 year old pervert Japanese salarymen who made Super Metroid are gonna get BTFOed by how sick it is.

This

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology is one of my overlooked 3DS favorites. Great JRPG.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

extremebuff posted:

origami king is a beautiful game with great writing where I wish the only fights were the bosses lol. random encounters have no purpose at all and they only get more annoying as the game goes on

This

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Truly incredible direct. A Ghost Trick remake and Layton coming back are what I wanted most from the new announcements, but drat everything else that Nintendo pushed first-party looked great. Thank you Nntendo.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I keep wanting to call it Code Rain. Looks great. Fashion Dreamer isn't included in the list, which is some sort of dress-up simulator.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is a real treat reveal. I'm super excited to actually play it multiplayer for once.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

nom epique posted:

Any switch games worth a cop? Already beat Odessy and have BOTW and Splatoon 3 (ftw)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol at the probe reasons. Good advice, Plebian

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

bees x1000 posted:

for 64 games vaguely resembling RPGs we had Ogre Battle, Quest, Hybrid Heaven, and Gauntlet. My brother and I played the hell out of all of them.

we didn't know anything about PS1 games and we were happier for it

You guys never got Paper Mario? Brutal.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you're doing this legitimately serious respect, that game gets tough and I have no shame saying I resorted to the Rewind feature a whole bunch. There's no shame in doing that btw even if it's just to put a save-state at the start of the level which is still a super legitimate way of beating the game, helps deal with the game over nonsense of yesteryear.

What game do you think this user is talking about

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

mysterious loyall X posted:

another amazing 20 minutes of hand clap ukekele song where the guy says whoa oh ohwa and the nintendo voiice says enjoy a wholesome moment with bugs in charming rouglite deckbuilder farm management game product bug boss

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

trevorreznik posted:

How the hell was anyone expected to figure out world 6-5 in Mario 3? My kid asked me to beat it and I had to use a wiki

Just had to fly with the racoon suit holding a shell, as one normally does

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
they had us in the first half but all the first party stuff after the SMRPG reveal made it worth tuning in

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1687840607090135041

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Fungah! posted:

id idnt watch it because i'm already buyin it day 1

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.