Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
like, all the character images, they own game freak, or have a majority share, and created the pokemon company, so they are definitely profiting from Pokemon Go, considering there shares have jumped a ton since its release and Iwata had a hand in its making

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

gently caress cell phone fraudsters

http://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-robbers-pokemon-app-target-victims-cops/story?id=40474315

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendos stock rose 33% and is its highest since 1983. If you were smart you would invest now before Pokemon go launches worldwide. You will see a nice return easily.

-BBG out

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stock was actually halted from trading since it reached the daily maximum

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I hate Normies so much but if this gives Nintendo a billion dollars so they can continue making weird consoles for another decade I'll live with it

this is a great revenue stream and helps a ton with brand awareness for those who have fallen away from Nintendo in the past five or ten years. Add in some well made movies for their biggest franchises and merchandise it correctly and Nintendo is looking at a boat load of money coming in from all sides.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Is it fascism yet posted:

is you were smart you would of invested right when they said they were going to make cellphone games.

Well let's just say I don't think anyone but maybe Iwata would have known the runaway hit Go has become. Invest now in my opinion, it will be worth it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If the NX is indeed a portable console hybrid or whatever they need to combine street pass into a GPS system or whatever so it can work like Pokemon Go and leverage that market

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

i hope its just a regular console. although frankly itll be good anyway

I think they might make a handheld thing before a console again? But what do I know. I do like street pass as a thing

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't the WiiU like even younger than 3ds? I mean yes the 3DS has a lot of life left, just like GBA did after DS and DS after 3ds but that's the great thing about backwards compatibility.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should call it Nintendo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Confirmed for Europe and North America

http://nintendoclassicmini.nintendo....t

REDMOND, Wash., July 14, 2016 – If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

What’s old is new again with the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. Relive past glories. Finish off that boss you never beat. Save the galaxy and rescue the princess!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's awesome

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Nintendo NX is shaping up to be a monster

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo stock rose nearly 13 percent today. I made nearly 800 dollars so far since I said invest, that's if I sell now. When I cash out I'm gonna buy a New 3DS and a bunch of games. Thanks Nintendo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
For the record it's up 56% since I said buy some lol. Hope some of you followed through

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol my brother was telling me about how he was thinking about buying stock in Nintendo several months ago and decided not to, and how he would have got several thousand dollars for the amount he intended to buy.

If not more by the end of this roll out. I bought even more options today

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's good to support Nintendo in whatever way you can

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

If we're seriousposting here you're an idiot if you haven't already gotten out. That type of increase is not sustainable and if you're buying now you're way behind the curve.

I don't think so imo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The WiiU has plenty of games

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's an updated twist on the classic meme

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

that ivy guy posted:

I did this. Powerful feeling.

how do you do it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Out Run...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress it I'm buying most of those

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Milkman posted:

3D Out Run is a must goon sir

It's really fun. I like outrun 2 a lot also for Xbox

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I lost all my money to Nintendo... And I'm happy about it! Love ya tendo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh hell yes. I never beat that one

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need all of these

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just bought a new New Nintendo 3ds and monster hunter generations

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Will do once I get it up and running

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo wins again

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ol yeller posted:

[To the tune of Lost Woods - LoZ Ocarina of Time]

Nin-ten-do, Nin-ten-do
Mor-i-mo-to is a gently caress-i-ing God,
Shigeru owns.

Nin-ten-do, Nin-ten-do
From the NES to the new NX
I love you so.

Play-ing games
All alone
Is so fun.

There is not
A contest
They've not won!

Content, brand
Product and
Amiibos.

DK, Falcon,
Link, and Samus
And Mario:
Here we gooooo!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My ninth grade teacher let me bring in the original Xbox the day after it came out to play in study hall because he wanted to check Halo out. Mr Carroll FTW

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

how'd you get it through the door :confused:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

unfortunately, you have to close gamecube's door when playing games

Lmfao

Black Baby Goku