Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

The Milkman posted:

retronauts just did an episode pooping on 10 years of virtual console. i do hope they do it justice on switch. being able to actually import your nintendo account purchases would be a start

I'd rather drink lava than watch that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

If I found a whole raw turkey in my stocking I wouldnt know what the gently caress

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

that's one of the safer choices because there's no important action elements beyond battles but most of the other games that rely on analogue movement are very obviously not working as they should, there's a massive deadzone in the middle and its mega sensitive on the outer reach of the stick. F-Zero is bad, like immediately, how did this ever get released in this state bad

there are other issues like inaccurate cpu speed so games that weren't locked to certain framerates will sometimes run too fast. it's really obvious in DK64 because that game would make the animations run faster to compensate for slowdown and vice versa, so when the game starts running at abnormal speeds the animations get screwed up

thank u for the heads up if its really as bad as u make it sound

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The most important part: will new game unwrapping match the 3ds?

i love cute stuff like that in menus .. its the little things in life

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i had the pikachu gbc. i like the regular colours though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Caithness posted:

How did the shyguys get out of the dream and on to yoshi's island?

They swam

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

jerry bean of my mind / i cry my eye out over you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I regret destroying my gamecube. I was running burned discs with emulators on em so I turned up the laser strength. Guess I turned it too high because it stopped working entirely like a month later.

me get cash money i laser you cd

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I only work in specified places, while handicapped gamers, make handicapped faces, I'm Amiibo-eyo-eyo-eyoooo!!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

just the 2 of them ? hang in there

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

what SD cards do you guys use for switch /3ds? is it easy to transfer data from one ad cars to another?

yeah its easy. sdhc is the type you want for 3ds supposedly

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

yeah actually they will posted:

Good direct overall I think. it's a shame the strange journey remake isn't on switch... when are they going to talk about the new switch smt game?

dont expect anything for a while .. the first trailer reveal was just basically a gfx demo or something.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

it looks like its about to transform into something

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

there are people out there who are really mad about the inclusion of Kirby's Dream Course and I feel bad for them

??

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

the MMO-lite stuff was explicitly aimed at Japanese MMO players who like knowing there are other people around but dread having to interact with or acknowledge them in any way

seems to me like you just invented that stereotype and wanted to post it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

gaming sin... I've never played any of those games. what's a good one to start with

iv is my favourite and nocturne is a close 2nd

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
http://nichegamer.com/2017/11/26/new-kirby-toys-will-dominate-you-with-their-expansive-and-penetrating-chins/

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

theyre running out of stuff to turn into amiibos

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

bump_fn posted:

so hows xenoblade

never saw the appeal of it personally

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

what is there possibly to like about this style of game. it looks like some mmo like world of warcraft except if the characters were all from a f2p mobile game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

vaginal facsimile posted:

Listen: is the game good or is it bad?

it seems like a huge dose of AIDS in the videos people posted in here. i personally think everyone in this thread whos actually playing it and liking it has lost their minds. theyve gone nuts

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

is the n3DS one really good? I don't really have time to play it on the Wii but on a handheld I could find the time. Just dont wanna waste my time if it's a terrible port of the WIi version

thats what i played a couple of hours of before deciding i didnt like it .. its fine in the sense that it doesnt lag and apparently isnt missing anything from the wii version but ill stop short of recommending anybody actually play the game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh but it does have a problem where the camera sometimes stops working and youre stuck looking up until you reload. i actually pulled my c stick out to check if my 3ds was broke cos of that -______- no idea if its common or not but other people have had it happen to them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Be that as it may, its also true that Tropical Freeze sounds like a flavor of soda or candy, discrediting the game somewhat.

that stuff is good in moderation. it tastes good and the high sugar content isnt particularly bad for you provided you don't eat it every day

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like the name

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

don't know if i can play a game titled tropical freeze after such title masterpieces like dixie and baby and spanky kong in diddled by king k rool's ding a ling a ding mystery van 64

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

The Milkman posted:

http://www.shopncsx.com has been around forever and are much less gamergatey

what's gamergate?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

Advanced Gungeons & Draguns

nice.. first i heard of that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
kids pwn at videogames

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

do u know jenny posted:

That bradzilla weirdo is seriously one of the worst posters on this forum (I remember him being really gay even before that thread), and he's somehow worse than that goon who is creating an entire Japanese university course about what a failure Nintendo is lol

sauce plz

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I think the people in that thread bought uncle nintendo his red text avatar

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812768&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=135#post479396167

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
of course fun exists, its not just a buzzword.
its just not the most important factor and has metrics

do you:

a) get a switch, have moderate fun (A) for several hours (B) per few titles (C)
run out of money (something of an X factor)

b) get a pc, have good fun (A) for several hours (B) per MANY MANY TITLES (C)
re-coup the hardware investment
turn money into more money
(not stop ... ?)

ignoring any and all finance, PC solves for a higher fun value (AxBxC) every time because:
A) More genres represented, so the "most fun" one can be determined and played
B) PC games are longer, no battery issues etc
C) Massive game library you're seriously unlikely to ever get through

you basically always empirically have more fun on pc

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this guys third eye is wide open

1280 x 720 = 921,600
3840 x 2160 = 8,294,400

8,294,400/921,600 = 9

so not a lot of people realise this but when you step up from 720p to 4k you arent making a minoir leap at all ; thats 9 times the resolution / pixel count

factor in double the fps?
sure, now thats 18 times

EIGHTEEN TIMES

the pixels per second on the screen
but what does the switch thread say
what does r/switch say when i post the same

"doesnt matter"

you bet anything any loving thing a switch 2 that reliably did better resolution would all of a loving sudden matter though

hoensly the mental gymnastics you have to do over the years as a nintendo fan must be exhasting
do you keep noted to keep up?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
romancing saga 3 was great. basically its a bit like ff6 except if it was just sidequests + no main story. i think 2 is the same, in fact i heard it was considered the best of the 3 games, its the only one i havent played yet though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
speaking of which its a shame that the series artist, tomomi kobayashi, never took the same career path as amano. she isnt as talented as amano but shes still far too skilled to be stuck doing art for korean phone mmos or whatever it is she does now

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I never played any romancing saga game. Is it OK to start with 2 or will I be lost?

youll be fine. the stories arent related or anything, and theyre basically snes era jrpgs. just not so linear

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you

Were any other snes rpgs that didn't make it to America any good? I got pretty far in terranigma and loved it but a lot of the other Japan only releases I tried were a slog

live a live and treasure of the rudras (you can find it searching for rudra no hihou or something like that) are the ones i know, the snes was before my time so even as a big jrpg geek theres still a lot i havent played pre ps1. live a live is pretty famous but rudras is more obscure. its not the greatest rpg ever made but its really nice looking and its not so easy you can just mash A through it like a lot of old rpgs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres also shin megami tensei 1 and 2. but modern shin megami tensei games are light years ahead of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

octopath is essentially a "new Bravely project for Switch" isnt it

i thought so