Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

with the nx not coming til next year everyone owes it to themselves to have a Wii u.

I wish it had a bigger hard drive, I don't like using externals

Just buy 2 wiiUs. Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

This is loving awesome.

Cue the bitching and moaning from the whiners though. "You got jelly in my peanut butter!" :downs: Morons. Yes, because two literally amazing comes things put together is somehow a bad thing.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

no they will not posted:

[phantom pain idroid voice] The SAclopedia has been updated.

lol

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Why the gently caress is backwards compatibility so loving lauded by pissbaby nerds? Just buy both loving consoles. You lot honestly come off as cheapskates with the considering the YEARS of entertainment Nintendo has given us.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

You should only be allowed into Nintendo world if the total cumulative amount of $$$ u gave them amounts to more than $10,000

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Nintendo

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Weird Miiverse

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Instead of playing any of these I've been:

Playing OG Doom
Playing Contra III
Playing Bayonetta 2
Playing Mario Maker
And trying to 100% Order of Ecclesia

Doom is better than all of that list

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

the mario kart expanded universe

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm extremely knowledgeable about Mario Kart lore.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Nintendo

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Nintendo

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

all we know is that it'll play zelda the same way the wiiu does (yet its getting released separately for the NX), it's not a "direct replacement" and nintendo has no interest in competing with sony and micro horsepower-wise.

its sounding more and more like a re-release of the wiiu with portable features or something lol

Awesome.

why mess with perfection i always say

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

mfw nintendo says they'll reveal the NX "later this year" and it's been 2 days since they said that

These things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are industry-redefining new consoles. This isn't going to simply be an upgraded WiiU, far from it. I predict that this console is going to revolutionize gaming itself, and that's why Nintendo are being so cagey about things. What else could be the only explination? That Nintendo don't know how to run the company anymore? Doubtful, highly doubtful. I don't know if it'll be VR, a new type of control spectrum, (think on the scale of the Wii being a revolutionary control scheme) or some other amazing mindblowing feature. I do not know. But mark my words here and now: this isn't going to be some WiiU+. This thing Nintendo's working on is going to change the game (pun INTENDED) as we know it. We just gotta give them a little time, a little love, and as always. as much of our money as we can so they can achive their goal.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

lets make a paper mario themed game that's a platformer, but it still controls like a paper mario game instead of having good mario physics, and instead of RPG combat the numbers get higher when you jump on things

meh. Nintendo games with platforming should stay in the 80s/90s where they belong imo. The more games that are closer to being like Fire Emblem the better for me tbqh.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

its not bright enough :getin:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

rediscover posted:

How come they don't realize that people just want TYD2 and keep doing all this gay poo poo instead of classic Paper Mario.

*Sigh*, Let me explain so,ething to you:

A.) Game series evolve over time. Game play evolves over time. Deal with it.

Second: some of us, a particularly LARGE segment who make up Nintendos biggest customers (fire emblem and RPG gameplay in general) happen to like that "gay poo poo" ( :rolleyes: ) . You can take your potty mouth and dudebro culture over to Microsoft. I hear xbone fans are p. big fans of mindless action games. hth.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Awesome.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Nintendo

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

lmfao

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

boom beach is cool

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

dont worry about support for splatoon ending, guys. Nintendo's gonna milk this franchise until at least 2025 when their 10 year gap for a new IP is up

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

please stop talking about vr all i'm an sjw and it's triggering muh feefees and cucking my safespace lol :boom:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

Ok it is on Wii U and here's a video that shows it off pretty well. Don't get turned off by the king constantly bitching in the vid because it's not non-stop like that in the actual game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-mNbs5mR0

The main gameplay mechanic is those ropes that you tie to the chariot but you also unlock other tools later that let you do different things. It's not one big open world like a Metroid game but instead there's a world map and a bunch of levels have alternate exits like in SMW that unlock different routes. The game is really fun honestly and I never hear anybody talk about it but I imagine that's because the co-op is local only and even though the game is technically playable single player I feel like it would be kinda soulless and it's my understanding it's impossible to complete some of the optional challenges without doing co-op (which were some of my favorite parts of the game)

im an sjw cuck

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

NIntendo Are Aesome. Just awesome.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

real nx pictures leaked ???

https://youtu.be/DV1fUwKMdAI

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I wish there were more N3DS exclusives taking advantage of the new hardware, although I guess Hyrule Warriors runs horribly on old systems so it may as well be one.

Hyrule Warriors is really groundbreaking because while it looks like complete jaggy rear end, it also runs like dogshit. Pretty innovative. That said, I've lurcahsed it in triplicate not so much because I enjoy the game (i dont), but I'm just hoping it leads to more Mobile/iOS versions of new Zelda games instead of being shackled to a console like its 1985.

It's 2016. Pokemon GO has now proven that john q gamer wants MORE mobile and app games, not ancient history bullshit like console games that takes ages and ages to get through because of all the conent. They want a quick, easy phone game to pick up and play, and perhaps buy a few "energy" packs or other sort of microtransaction. And I for one applaud Nintendo for listening to their customers.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Confirmed for Europe and North America

http://nintendoclassicmini.nintendo....t

REDMOND, Wash., July 14, 2016 – If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

What’s old is new again with the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. Relive past glories. Finish off that boss you never beat. Save the galaxy and rescue the princess!

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

While I already had a charger, I bought an extra for my NN3DS because Nintendo is bro.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Sure, there are plenty of non-legit ways to get this content, including third party collections and *shudders* Roms. However, I'm more than glad to be giving Nintendo my $$$. Hell, they can do the same with SNES+N64+GCN and i'll rebuy those too.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

metroid prime is okay but there's too much scanning things

scaning things is AWESOME. I 'd LOVE a spinoff game where you just played an administrator somewhere in the Federation or whatever and just scanned stuff the whole time.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

oops i left that house ovfer the weekend and missed the final splatfest

Argh! I forgot too! gently caress,nthats what I get for leaving my house and not stayed ng inside and playing Splatoon 24/7. *picks up pre-order limited edition squirt gun and starts smacking myself in the head with it" Stupid! Stupid! Stupid argh!!

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I hope Nintendo gives me two hundred dollars for not flaming them online

If anything, you should be giving them two hundred dollars.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lately I've been covertly pocketing dollars and cents from this charity jar at a grocery store by me while I'm being ringed up. They're none the wiser and Shiggy gets a little somethin' extra to make zelda BOTW that much more pretty.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Metroid: Zero Dissin'. (The game gets no hate because its li-trally a masterpiece)

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

new new 3ds

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i have my own "nintendo direct" of sorts in that I have my bank account set up in such a way that every time I get paid mo ey is automatically deducted and sent to Nintendo.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/I1dF-NMzVO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mariotehplumber should be the president of nintendo