Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Wintendo, imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

trying to jack off posted:

[after staring at this for 10 minutes] oh i see
I actually had to look at the other pic first before I even understood what the 1st pic was trying to show.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i still don't understand the mario kart one

The koopa rock referenced in the 2nd pic is actually far off in the distance on the top pic.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Tender Bender posted:

You know how there were those stories about people who wanted to kill themselves because they couldn't live in the world of Avatar or whatever. That's basically me but because I can't play Breath of the Wild right now.
https://fat.gfycat.com/SneakyWanCatfish.webm

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bobnumerotres posted:

all we know is that it'll play zelda the same way the wiiu does (yet its getting released separately for the NX), it's not a "direct replacement" and nintendo has no interest in competing with sony and micro horsepower-wise.

its sounding more and more like a re-release of the wiiu with portable features or something lol
It absolutely is a replacement for the WiiU. It's just marketing speech as they're trying to not absolutely kill WiiU sales for the next year.

Reminder that the DS was marketed as "a new way to game" and "not a replacement for the GBA". 3 pillars anyone?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

NX is going to be the long-awaited Club Nintendo replacement.
Miitomo app was actually a test drive of the rewards system.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
holy poo poo! :swoon:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Super Paper Mario was loving trash

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
There's no way that's real image.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
:stonk:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
gotta tap the 'mibo for that hella-helpful pallet swap.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

there was some Nintendo meeting of some kind yesterday and one of the things they mentioned was the reason they didn't bring the NX to E3 was so that Sony and Microsoft don't rip off their idea like how everybody added motion controls to all their systems in the months following the announcement of the wii, lol.
solid decision, imho.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

I would have had sex with her
Hell,

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I've got both Boomblox games and they freaking rule. My dad loves them as well.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

goferchan posted:

The iOS Pokemon game just launched and one of the in-app-purchase options lets you spend $100 on Poke-Coins. Finally I can give Nintendo the money they deserve
Nintendo didn't make the game and don't own the pokemon rights.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Black Baby Goku posted:

For the record it's up 56% since I said buy some lol. Hope some of you followed through
:tipshat:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Black Baby Goku posted:

If not more by the end of this roll out. I bought even more options today

If we're seriousposting here you're an idiot if you haven't already gotten out. That type of increase is not sustainable and if you're buying now you're way behind the curve.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I have a hard time believing that it's literally just a portable PS4 with a huge screen. Seems like there'd be a lot of hurdles to miniaturize that amount of tech and provide Nintendo acceptable levels of battery life and price point.

I feel like all these rumors are just guys spitballing off of the idea of a "portable" WiiU because they can't think of anything else.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Soral posted:

the nx is a very powerful handheld system that can hook up to a tv, not a home console system that you can take with you on the go. i hope this helps you understand why it is not being advertised as a replacement for the home console system that nintendo already sells.
You're incredibly wrong and I'm just sitting here laughing thinking about it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bobnumerotres posted:

when the gently caress is nintendo having their nx direct -_-
March 18th, official.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I used to make the animals say hosed up stuff at the end of their sentences like gently caress and the n-word. But I'm an adult now.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
the wii being a cheap 360p hunk of plastic with waggle sticks and selling out everywhere and everyone souring on it 9 months later and putting it at the bottom of their closet, and nintendo continuing to make half-baked toys with their franchises e.g. star fox: zero buys, metroid: touchscreen poo poo shooter, animal crossing: amiibo pyramid scheme festival, mario: the same poo poo you seen on the SNES and 64 but shorter and less distinctive, have really crapped on the perception of their products. my advice is they need to make something good and prima facie impressive that doesnt seem like a waggle stick stuffed into a 3d-printed plastic tablet hobby kit, instead of making bad things

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
nicest guy you'll ever meet

mysterious loyall X posted:

mario 3d world pweens

twisted loving psychopath

something prima facaieieie impressive like ubisoft open world garbage where you go to tower checkpoints, craft poo poo, and have pointless survival cooldown timers ooops its the new zelda game :unsmigghh:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Source your quotes
source: me, this thread, a few minutes ago, 8/14/16

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Black Baby Goku posted:

I don't think so imo
Nintendo stock is down 24% since this post was made. Hope you got out already BBG.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

i psoted in the wrong theread but hell, whatever
Don't worry like 3 other people followed your lead lol.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i want ever oasis so bad

looks like leon lmao

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
My CAD teacher was a creepy rapist looking dude with frosted tips and would absolutely own anyone who attempted to play him in Q3A.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SM64Guy posted:

we should kill fcracked readers one by one
So you'll be committing suicide then?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Greetings.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isTazHL7daI

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
PogChamp

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0VAfIrkD_c

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

The shift-motes look like guns, I see a sharp increase in police shootings of blacks in the urban core. Especially around basketball courts.

"Get on the ground! Put your hands up!" - cops

"gently caress the police! This a shift!" - darkies

"That must be a code word for drugs or gun!" BAM BAM "were confiscating this as evidence 😏" - cops

(Three hours later)

"Hey nice work on that self defense arrest john...... *sips coffee* anyway, you want to play some mario kart?"

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
At last... the fabled Third Pillar.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Mario is delighted to find Satoru Iwata's corpse strapped to a gurney birthing the fresh new Nintendo Switch

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

goferchan posted:

Thumb strap from Metroid Prime Hunters on original DS
lmfao I completely forgot about the thumb strap until right this instant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy