Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh yeah and I’m NOT going to Jack off the the lizard that’s making everyone horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Clowner posted:

I've never played an animal crossing game before. is the switch one a good entry point and are there any essential imp tips I need to know going in?

It's not out yet, but it looks good. There are probably tips but I think if you need tips for this kind of game , you have brain damage.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Talk to the animals. Jack off to the sexiest ones. It's all good, bro.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Probably a good entry point. imho the Wii one wasn't that great so the last good ones are all handheld, and while the GCN one is great it is very dated and there have been some QoL improvements over the years and it looks like the new one will have more.

Plus, playing with friends online is unbeatable.

The only thing you have to know is to do whatever you think is fun. It's hard to say what will be present in the new one so far as "shake trees every day until you get two pieces of furniture" or "find the money rock daily, dig the holes so you don't bounce back too far, etc" or "mail villages garbage furniture so they send their priceless stuff to the recycling where you can grab it for free."

In general though, don't stress about your loan, get friendly with villagers you want to keep, and, if this mechanic still exists, make sure you time your shop upgrades for days when you don't need the shop (as the store upgrades, it will go into construction for a day or two which makes it unusable, which makes getting money very hard for a couple days. In New Leaf this was more or less a non issue, ymmv).

Nice. Mind if I post this to the What Should I know Before I Play this Game Wiki?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I clicked on the animal crossing thread and a guy got called out for being toxic because he posted a picture of an Amiibo card he had that was hard to find.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just remembered that the classic “any requests?” “Yeah, lose the shorts” thing is about animal crossing.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Dual Destinies is really fun. After 5 games Judge finally asked the biggest question of all: why do the lawyers keep saying Objection when they're not actually objecting to anything they just want to say something

Because in the original Japanese they aren’t saying objection but the polite Japanese interjection “ doki doki panic”.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

so is somebody gonna make a animal crossing thread. I'm trying to figure out if I want to start playing at midnight to do the early stuff before I fall asleep or wake up bright and early to marathon the first day while the stores are open.

As far as I know there are no shops at the start but you can Craft.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ll make a thread later if no one else wants to.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Remember those gang tags that a bunch of DDRGD posters had?

I remember Norton’s N****s and Knuc’s N*****s and having a 49 gangtag high stack that annoyed everybody until someone gave me an avatar of dogs having sex.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

you never get to visit them dude we're under quarantine now

Lol!!!!! :lolplant::lolplant::lolplant::lolplant::lolplant::lolplant::lolplant:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cover 19 Gaming related, but because my mum is trapped in my apartment until international flights resume in ???? weeks, she has been watching me play and just laughing her rear end off at the bug/fish puns and helping me decorate my house, which is nice. What is most definitely a nightmare scenario isn't that bad after all. :unsmith:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Send this to Nintendo they might pay you to use this story in a commercial or something.

I don't want my Japanese bosses to know that I'm at home gaming with my mum all day instead of working.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It’s bullshit how crappy the joy cons are.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

que sera sera posted:

just buy new ones

gently caress you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

The stick re-calibration in the switch system settings fixed my latest bout of minor joycon drift. Worth a shot

That used to work for me at first, then kind of tapping the stick worked and now they drift in every direction. I’m glad I’m only playing animal crossing at the moment but it’s loving infuriating when I’m hitting a rock and my villager just turns around and digs a hole.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

herculon posted:

Nintendo is going to reveal the trailer for the new Zelda and announce it’s available now

That would piss me off. I’m not ready yet.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

not a chance in hell i'm clicking that

Lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nutmeg posted:

playing botw in 1080p 60fps on pc was epic, hopefully the same will be possible with HW

Negative post count. Not even surprised at all.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mario sixty bore. Mario poo poo shine. And of course the hird in the trilogy u r mr. Gay

Don’t sign your posts!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I domt care if fadam pirates the game from the corporation. Its his other. Musch worse ppsts i obkect to

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna go back to Japan before the 'Rona finishes so I can enjoy nintendo park without 4 million *ahem* "mainland tourists" hocking loogies and making GBS threads in the bushes come and make it unbearable.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

You know you don't need to bring your family along.

I'm from an Island. Continents and people from them ftl, I'm afraid.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I look and dress like this so not even a single chinese tourist among a busload from the most bumfuck factory city travelling overseas for the first time would waste a single kb on even accidentally taking a picture of me. Cheers, mates.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i'm so used to the idea that using summons is a trap that it took some getting used to actually using them in the FF7 Remake.

They were crap in that too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Cheers!

Yeah wind waker was incredible, maybe my fave Zelda even, and I’m psyched for BOTW. Kinda nervous that it might be too time intensive for me rn, and pretty content to just have so much wholesome fun playing Mario for like 30 mins every other day

It's a chill game to dip in and out of. I basically beat it on my train commute.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

NienNunb posted:

What's your favorite snes/super famicom game

Probably Chron Trigger.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

snes has like 20+ legendary GOAT candidates on it that haven't aged a day

The graphics arent good anymore.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i said super nintendo when i was a kid but now i say snes for some reason.

Same, but the reason is online Gaming Forums.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They look old af. Deal with it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Breath of the wild for me. I blocked cliffy b the other day for saying that the weapon degradation mechanic was bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

BotW is the only game in the last 20 years where I felt like I was 12 again being completely blown away multiple times by the scale and depth of a new game

This is pretty much how I felt about it and why I like it so much. I still haven’t done a second play through yet because I wanna recapture that feeling.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro we're talking about the direct now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mario golf looks awesome. Can’t wait to play it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Skyward Sword hype.

No.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Everyone thought sword and shield was going to be breath of the wild Pokémon too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

ragg's smiling down on us from heaven right now