Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it'll probably just be a nicer screen and better battery life

they're not gonna change the form factor significantly mid gen because that makes stuff like labo incompatible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i bet you could escape with one of those insane speedrun warp techniques where you like turn link's head into a bomb and then play it like an ocarina

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

noting down everyone doubting Nintendo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Started replaying Mario Odyssey today, it's still the best game I've ever played. Do you think there's a chance they make an Odyssey 2 eventually?

the fact that they haven't done any dlc levels for it makes me think they just went straight into making a second one, like what they did with galaxy

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

American McGay posted:

Did we ever get anything remotely similar to another Mario game on N64? Seems kinda odd looking back now. Most consoles that launch with a Mario game end up having 2 entries by the time it's done.

nah, they let Rare take over on 3D platformers unfortunately

that was the gen where they invented all the rest of the mario spinoff series though (golf, tennis, party, paper)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

goferchan posted:

are GBA emulators better about the music stuff now? I remember back when the translation patch first came out I found it impossible to get the rhythm stuff to work

the rhythm stuff was broken in visualboyadvance which was the main GBA emulator everyone used back then but i played it in mGBA recently and it worked fine

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

thinking about buying an ubisoft game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they'll have one more smash direct and then show something new at The Game Awards

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

never woulda guessed

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yikes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

In Training posted:

Octopath is so cool looking. And being able to relive the opening 1-2 hours of a JRPG 8 times over seems extremely exciting

it's cool but you also have to relive the midgame lull of a JRPG 8 times over

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

b_d posted:

I unlocked all the starting jobs and did one persons chapter 2 and haven’t picked it back up since. some day maybe

the chapter 2s are real slow except for olberic's arena thing

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the only HD versions of those are the mobile ones so be careful what you wish for

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah I've never gotten the impression that there's any crossover between people who work on DQ and FF in any capacity

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

thinkin about buying a New Nintendo 2DS XL

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

what characters could even be left at this point. is there gonna be a monhun one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i want the last couple chars to be stuff i like but have a sinking feeling it's gonna be like the Minecraft guy and a Pokemon

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

is guacamelee actually good or is it a meme game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i looked at it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's the most believable leak I've seen but also way more remaining chars than i was expecting so idk

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think you've got a fundamental misunderstanding of Grinch Theory

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

bad news today, sounds like Grinch Theory may be falling apart

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i still refuse to believe they will acknowledge golden sun on the level of a playable character until i see it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the chunk of grass is part of his character model

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

smash direct on Thursday

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

its yoshis flippin' island

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Box Theory vindicated, get hosed Grinches

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i didnt know what incineroar looked like before this direct it was just a pokemon name people said a lot. hes cooler than i expected

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The reality is games should’ve just started costing $75-$80 years ago but nobody wants to be the bad guy and make the first move, so instead we get loads of DLC or Triple Deluxe editions with bonus gear/early access (or both). At least in the latter format the whales subsidize the normal players somewhat

games are still profitable at $60, there's no reason they "should" cost more other than shareholders demanding more profit

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lightning will be dlc

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I've never finished the first 2 years in stardew because i keep starting over to try out different poo poo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think im gonna start a new farm one more time and try to stick it out this time

what's everyone's favorite farm map? thinking of trying hilltop but worried it might be too claustrophobic for good farming

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't think switch has the multiplayer patch yet if that was the last one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my Gamer's Theme for 2019 is gonna be playing the 3ds back catalog

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

3ds imps: is the 3d effect worth the extra 50 bucks over just getting a 2dsxl?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

American McGay posted:

3D is really great in the few games that use it well. Shovel Knight for instance looks amazing and as someone who owns it on 4 different platforms it really is an experience unlike anything else.

That said the purple 2DS is pretty bad rear end looking and if I could save some cash id probably get that.

yeah i like the aesthetics of the black&teal 2DSXL more than any 3DS which is the main point in its favor besides price

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'd mostly be playing rpgs on there which is why i was skeptical about it being something I'd miss but i think I'm sold on it now on the grounds of it being a unique thing that's probably never gonna be in a game system again

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i bought a new 3ds xl. thank you

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

getting the second hookshot was a cool moment, brief confusion/disappointment followed by realization when it makes you spiderman your way through the rest of the dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gyro finetune aiming like in splatoon is good