Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Nope. Not sure how I never came across it. Apparently it even started on the gba

Being a Warioware fan and suddenly becoming aware that Rhythm Heaven exists is a pretty great situation. I actually envy it

The series very much has a Warioware feel and it even has easter eggs/cameos scattered throughout. You're in for a treat, gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Skylark posted:

My realistic hopeful is Tails and I feel like theres reason to believe he'll be in, especially after todays vid.

The only compelling reason he might not be is that he runs across the background of this stage every so often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5upfjlSBbg (shows up around :16 in this vid)

But I'm with you, he'd be the most worthy addition from the Sonic roster by a long shot. Stressin out lately about a future where we get Shadow but not Miles Prower

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

elf help book posted:

if you play the whispy woods n64 stage in smash 4, dedede flies in the background, but if one of the fighters is dedede, he doesnt appear

Now that you mention it, I think the same thing even happens with Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks stage. Nevermind, that wasn't a good point I was making

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

But what will the battlefield version look like

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

any1 here charged a switch from a usb wall socket adapter. I have a usb to usb C cable. theres no reason it wouldnt work, right?

In all seriousness the switch is the one and only console I've ever owned where third party USB chargers have been known to randomly brick it. Mine came in a bundle that included a nyko USB-C wall charger, I never got around to using it, and I found out months later they run the risk of totally loving your system due to some major software flaw in the way Nintendo pulls the system in and out of sleep mode. Not kidding, you can Google it

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The Nintendo Switch­­™ is so technologically advanced that many scientists are still working on ways to reliably charge it with our primitive methods

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

I really do want Banjo Kazooie but I saw their series creator on twitter the other day saying basically "that will never happen you idiots" and got bummed out

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

That ought to shut the GTA IV fanboys up

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The noise it makes whenever you get a KO now is kinda cool

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don’t get why he has like a full beard but it is okay I guess.

a friend told me that smash snake is meant to be a hybrid of snake + big boss but I bet he made that up

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

I mean he has MGS3 camo options so I get it but I don’t remember Big Boss having a beard either

MGS3 and Brawl were hella memorable to me so when I went back to replay Twin Snakes one day and he didn't have a beard I was like "drat. could have sworn he had a beard."

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

elf help book posted:

looking forward to the humble nindie bundle including saints row 3 in the $1 tier and never downloading it

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

that part owns because it's really fun and part of the whole "a tour of super mario odyssey, in one level" thing, but the whole time you're like "I don't want to have to go back to the start of the level, please don't let me fuckup" so you don't really appreciate it until you get to the end.

I swear that's the main reason it's challenging. As soon as I finally beat it I started going back to it and replaying it for kicks

If Odyssey ever gets DLC I really hope it includes like 30 more crazy challenge gauntlets as opposed to just like a new kingdom to mess around in. The ones in the Galaxy games + 3D World kept me occupied for loving ages

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yacht Club revealed the Shovel Knight battle mode right after the Direct, it's the final expansion and it comes out next year http://yachtclubgames.com/2018/08/shovel-knight-showdown/

Play as all the key heroes and villains from Shovel Knight, many for the first time ever! Master over 16 playable characters including Shovel Knight, Shield Knight, Black Knight, The Enchantress, and all of the Knights of the Order of No Quarter!

Battle through Story Mode, a multistage journey customized for each character! Your chosen hero will face a rival, defeat scores of opponents, relax with a minigame or two, and hopefully see their tale completed after an all-new final encounter!

They seriously went and made a story mode for each and every battle mode character? Assuming they'll be less fully-featured than the ones made for King Knight etc., but that's still loving insane

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

People are already speculating this might be due to subject matter being ill-timed, like a Smash unveil trailer involving an earthquake or something.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

herculon posted:

Can’t wait to see what games are available immediately after the direct

Those of you who downloaded Jump Rope Challenge during the limited time period can now download a new update which converts it to BOTW2, available later today

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

extremebuff posted:

thinking nintendo games will ever go on sale lmao. last time they discounted a nintendo game it was other m

first party switch games will always go on sale for $40 right after you, personally buy them for $60

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

i wonder if mario golf will have mini golf

only on the switch lite

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

unironically hyped that the diamond/pearl remakes keep the DS aesthetic intact

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

American McGay posted:

I like it better than the LA remake style honestly. It feels like a natural progression of the graphical style rather than a hyper-stylized reimagining.

I had a whole "man, what I wouldn't give for another pokemon game in this style" moment replaying heartgold recently so I'm fuckin stoked about it.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

the so-called "video games" stink

(jk they rule)

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

soulless husk mario running around an unreal engine demo map should be the only mario game available on the eshop starting april 1st

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I like Link to the Past as a name but it doesn't really have much to do with the game lol

ocarina of time should have been called a link to the past. there I said it

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

for years I thought everyone was saying the satellaview zelda games were made up (like a practical joke) because they always said "oh that's one of the BS zeldas"

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I've yet to get enough of Mario, imo

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

You have to see it to believe it: This unassuming Earthbound romhack is singlehandedly keeping gaming alive

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

John Romero posted:

the chip shortage won’t affect it because it’s still going to be too underpowered and will use nothing in demand lmao

the switch pro will feature a cutting edge clamshell design, achieved by duct taping two switch lites together

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

elf help book posted:

i thought it was gonna be announced today, yet another fail nintendo rumor

the switch pro will be announced in the future. once the future arrives it becomes the present, therefore the switch pro will always be announced in the future.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Last minute predictions:

- BotW 2 trailer
- Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD Wii U ports
- Big third-party character revealed for Smash Bros
- WarioWare

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Couldn't give a poo poo less about a switch pro lol. Did everyone forget about the New 3ds already

Did they end up making any games that specifically required the New 3DS hardware other than like, xenoblade?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

if any leak is actually true can it please be the one where the mario odyssey team has been working on a 3D donkey kong

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

Excited for Nintendo to salvage this miserable E3 and blow every other company's presentation away

this unironically. my hopes this year were aimed at the dragon quest stream and nintendo's conference so I'm ready to be 2 for 2

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i didn't like galaxy 1 much, but galaxy 2 is one of my all time favorite games.

I'm glad galaxy 1 being kind of boring but galaxy 2 being a masterpiece isn't just me

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

*crawls out of vault from 2015* hey dudes! what cool new 3DS games do you think satoru iwata will be announcing at today's E3?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

genuinely stunned nintendo really did singlehandedly redeem E3 lmao

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Last minute predictions:

- BotW 2 trailer
- Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD Wii U ports
- Big third-party character revealed for Smash Bros
- WarioWare

yeah I'm pretty fuckin happy

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

I took a peek at resetera and it was back to back posts about how bad nintendos graphical tech is. lmao. absolutely cursed loving people

you're supposed to respond with knee-jerk disappointment to literally every video game announcement, it makes you look cool

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

would probably be a bad direction for the game to take after how much everyone loved the exploration of the first, but a botw2 with a majora's mask/dead rising 2 mechanic where link is dying and you have a week to beat the game, with more intense survival mechanics added in, would be neat.

chiming in to say I also think it would be cool if link was terminally ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Finally bought BOTW and the DLCs

I made my sole BotW save on switch in master mode and it makes the later DLC challenges utterly loving brutal. I've been playing through since 2017 and only finally finished the last bit of the DLC like, a few months ago lmao. You should do that too